Proposal: Arcane Power

covaithe

Explorer
Compendium says:

Revision (4/20/2009)
The power should be a daily utility power, not an encounter utility. Replace the “encounter” usage with “daily”

That seems fairly clear. I don't have the actual errata in front of me; are they less clear?

CaBaNa

First Post
in the new errata the power is displayed as encounter, and the sentence you listed is categorized under "old errata"

This is from memory though...

I posted the last thing just before bed, and now I'm rushing to read a little before class... I'll look it up and weigh in more official like when I get back this afternoon.

EDIT:

Confirmed here on page 53

Illusory wall now updated as encounter power with a duration, and minor sustain.

Later, listed under "Old Updates" is the change from encounter to daily.

Does the "Old update" still apply, though the new update clearly shows the power as being encounter.

And thusly I made myself late to class...

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Illusory Wall

A seemingly solid wall materializes before your foes, dividing the battlefield with your convincing illusion.

Daily Arcane, Illusion, Implement
Standard Action Area wall 8 within 20 squares

Effect: You create the illusion of a contiguous wall of solid material (stone or metal, for example). The wall can be up to 8 squares long and 4 squares high, and it lasts until the end of your next turn. The wall blocks line of sight for all enemies (but not your allies). When any enemy moves adjacent to the wall, you can make an attack (Intelligence vs. Will) against that target; if successful, the target cannot move through the wall on its current turn, but it can try again on later turns. On a miss, the wall no longer blocks line of sight or movement for that creature.

Sustain Minor: You can sustain this power until the end of the encounter.

Revision (10/14/2009)
At the end of the second sentence on the Effect line, add “, and it lasts until the end of your next turn.”
Revision (4/20/2009)
The power should be a daily utility power, not an encounter utility. Replace the “encounter” usage with “daily”.
Addition (4/20/2009)
Add the "implement" keyword to the power.

First published in Arcane Power.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Is that quoted from the Compendium, renau1g?

Because the link CaBaNa quoted, which is the official source for us according to the charter, says:

Illusory Wall
Page 107: At the end of the second sentence on the
Effect line, add “, and it lasts until the end of your
next turn.” The wall lacks a duration.
Illusory Wall Wizard Utility 10
A seemingly solid wall materializes before your foes, dividing
the battlefield with your convincing illusion.
Encounter ! Arcane, Illusion
Standard Action Area wall 8 within 20 squares
Effect: You create the illusion of a contiguous wall of solid
material (stone or metal, for example). The wall can be
up to 4 squares high, and it lasts until the end of your
next turn. The wall blocks line of sight for all enemies
(but not your allies). Whenever an enemy moves adjacent
to the wall, you can make an Intelligence vs. Will
attack against that enemy. If the attack hits, the enemy
cannot move through the wall on its current turn, but
it can try again on later turns. If the attack misses, the
wall no longer blocks line of sight or movement for that
creature.
Sustain Minor: The wall persists.

So looks like Illusory Wall is still on the "banned due to controversy" list.

Seems obvious to me it's supposed to be a daily as the Compendium says, and we should make a proposal to adopt the Compendium version. (Except the Compendium version has the Implement keyword and the errata version doesn't.) But I'm not gonna bother making any more proposals in this thread - nobody votes on them and they just stay open anyway.

renau1g

First Post
I just posted the compendium. Cabana said there was confusion in teh compendium entry I was clearing it up.

I vote YES we drop the ban and accept the compendium update.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases