The Peanut Gallery

Phoenix8008

First Post
A succinct and well told recap of the Mostly Monstrous Crew's adventures so far as told by Quagmire... :D:cool:

Quagmire, a tall hobgoblin with a sailor's characteristic swagger, snorts with amusement. "Captain Dammit-I-Forgot-Already, the old man in the boat. That be soundin' about right. I'm thinkin' we'll get on fine.

So what are a fine bunch o' upstandin' lads like ourselves doin' in a predicament like this, ye might be askin'? Well, Captain Dammit-I-Forgot had some trouble over a card game with one o' Bacarte's high rollers, name o' Duncan Redblade. Lost his ship, his cargo, damn near his britches. But he's got a plan, he does. He figures if he can borrow his boat back and make some quick cash, he can buy back his cargo and still deliver it on time. Only, his boat's guarded, and the errands he's got in mind are too dangerous fer his fragile hide. That's where we came in, these lads here an' a few others. Captain Busted Flush hires us with his last few coppers, and in a moment o' desperate poor judgement, we took the job.

"Well, we did it. Cracked enough heads t'get the ship back an' the cargo money. Only it turns out Redblade wasn't interested in sellin' the cargo back to Azrael. Can't think why not. Redblade hired his own crew an' sent 'em off with the cargo. We chased them down too, cracked some more heads an' got the cargo back, and took it on to its destination. All set, right?. Not so fast! Old Captain Leads-From-The-Rear there neglected to be informin' us that his customer was a dragon, name 'o Kartharath, an' she wasn't happy with the way he treated her cargo. She sent some soldiers after us, an' when that didn't work, she came herself. Lucky fer us she's just a little 'un, not full grown yet. Still, it was a close thing. Too close. But in the end, it was she that flew away, and we that walked out with her hoard.

Ye'd think that'd be the end of it. But the captain gets it into his head that Redblade's done him wrong, owes him something. Which, t'be fair, is true. Redblade admitted he'd cheated in the card game. So Azrael rounds us up again, and here we are. Redblade's hideout. Gettin' some back fer what's been done. We've just taken care of the second round o' welcomin' parties and were catchin' our breath. One o' our mates, Alex, musta taken a blow to the head in the last dust-up, an' he's not quite right yet, so we're glad t'see you."

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Once again, Tonk continues to surprise us, smashing the idiocy of divine zeal with the mace of common sense:lol: !

If (and ONLY if) it's possible to do this and still run away (without taking damage or suffering penalties to skill checks)....

With an annoyed sigh, Tonk appears from the brush behind Blade and smashes the avenger over the head with his mace. (Minor Action: Blade is Hunter's Quarry; Standard Action: King's Castle v. Reflex (1d20+6+2=26, 2d8+4+2d6+1d6+1=25))

When Blade doesn't go down, Tonk whacks him again for good measure. (Spend Action Point. (Since we earned one for the last milestone.) Disheartening Strike: v. AC (1d20+6+2=18, 1d8+8+1=10))

All damage is non-lethal.

Tonk then picks up his unconscious friend's body and runs like hell...

Athletics (1d20+9=14)

Well, that should at least allow us to start the skill challenge for running away! ;)

KenHood

First Post
We'll see if it works...

After pulling the stunt of jumping off the rocks to attack the spectre and protect Mikara, then discovering that I get damage for every which-way, I'm getting reticent about announcing actions that are outside the norm.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Ken, Don't let it get you down. It takes players like you to encourage people who are not quite so bold (such as myself) to try unconventional things.

That's what makes D&D so much fun.

If Tonk dies, at least he leaves that legacy to the rest of us. Hear! Hear!

JoeNotCharles

First Post
We'll see if it works...

After pulling the stunt of jumping off the rocks to attack the spectre and protect Mikara, then discovering that I get damage for every which-way, I'm getting reticent about announcing actions that are outside the norm.

Huh? I thought it was obvious that if you leap into the air, you're not going to hover there. What did you expect to happen? The first one, where you fell through the roof, was meant to be a surprise reversal, but with the rock I thought you were intentionally trading off taking falling damage in order to get a melee attack on the flying specter.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Not what did. If I'd have known, Tonk would have thrown a shuriken. The damage would have been about the same, and he wouldn't have suffered injury, having only 9 HP to last Lord knows how many encounters we have left.

Heh. There isn't a broom closet you can extended rest in? I haven't read that thread yet, so all I'm aware of is that Tonk is really funny and someone in the party got killed off.
You're out of healing surges?!

I'm playing a brutal game in RL as a Barbarian, with two controllers, a defender, me, and no leader (best for it is the Paladin), and we can't rest until we beat the dungeon. Things keep coming out of the walls, like in the movie "Labyrinth", attacking us when we try. I have about 2 healing surges left to get through I know not how many more encounters.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
fireinthedust. Here's why everyone is after us, and no. There's no closet. We tried that. The skelletons keep attacking us ;).

A halfling walks under the swinging doors to the hanged man with head heald high. He pulls out a poster that almost touches the floor as he holds it high over his head.

It reads:

Reward: 150,000 gold pieces for proof of death of:

Mikara Li Mesadh
Tristan Moonblade
Dextyr M'rgan
The revenant known as Blade
Tonk

This bounty may be claimed at the offices of Blorstrob, Eisenfeld & Grimm, number 3 Eisenstrasse, Daunton. First come, first served.
He tacks it to the wall and strolls out under the swinging doors once more.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases