D&D 4th Edition The Peanut Gallery - Page 29

+ Log in or register to post
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBrown View Post
    ...the question now is: will Jin be able to hit the scroll?
    This one is a long story, but click the link and read it. Pretty funny .
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

"Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

I have to say, there are times I forget just how monstrous the MMC is - until you get an encounter where they're fighting dwarves, and the first 4 attackers are 2 goblins, a bugbear and a hobgoblin.

I don't recall much talk of the traditional Dwarf-Goblin grudges in any of the background material or RP here - it would be pretty cool if this was the incident that actually kicked off that ancient hatred!

EDIT: and in my continuing quest to read every single adventure thread, I just started on Lord Byron's Economic woes - and I see that once again one of renau1g's characters is heading for an island locked in cold. Sorry, bud. At least you're built for it this time.
    Last edited by JoeNotCharles; Tuesday, 29th December, 2009 at 04:15 PM.

Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore garyh
    Yep, the MMC is certainly mostly monstrous! More now than ever, in fact.

We started with a bugbear rogue (Hrav), hobgoblin warlord (Quagmire), minotaur cleric (Brudd), half-elf warlock (Girth), and human fighter (Alex).

The minotaur cleric went into a player-absence induced coma, and was replaced after the first adventure with a hobgoblin bard (Mutt) and goblin sorcerer (Dang't). During the start of our second adventure, the human fighter took a nasty player-absence induced blow to the head, and was replaced with a goblin paladin (Kauldron).

Current MMC Lineup:
    * Beryk "Mutt" Verkunder (Erekose13): Hobgoblin Valorous Bard 2 - Redblade's Riches!
    * Dang't (stonegod): Goblin Storm Sorcerer 2 - Redblade's Riches!
    * Girth Snowbird (The Digger): Half-Elven Star Warlock 4 - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!
    * Hravoth "Hrav" Kortaga (garyh): Bugbear Brutal Rogue 5 - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!
    * Kauldron (Darksteed): Goblin Paladin 1 - Redblade's Riches!
    * Quagmire "Quag" Weaselcrust (covaithe): Hobgoblin Inspiring Warlord 4 - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!

So, two goblins, two hobgoblins, a bugbear, and a half-elf in the current crew. We've also got a bigger level spread than most L4W parties, at 5, 4, 4, 2, 2, 1. Role lineup of 1 defender, 2 leaders, and 3 strikers is kinda interesting, too. We've never had a controller.

Former members, currently incapacitated:
    * Alexander "Alex" Duran (Atanatotatos): Human Fighter - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!
    * Brudd Brassback (Halford): Minotaur Battle Cleric of Hadeys - Captain's Caper!

I think having our current fight be the start of a goblin-dwarf rivalry is a fun idea. We'll see if Phoenix8008 agrees.
    Gary Hoggatt - www.garyh.net
    "Such heroic nonsense..."
    Living 4th Edition - Join EN World's community-created Play-by-Post world! Adventure awaits you in the Transitive Isles!

All you need now is for Girth to reveal that his other half is an orc... (There's precedent, you know!)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNotCharles View Post
    EDIT: and in my continuing quest to read every single adventure thread, I just started on Lord Byron's Economic woes - and I see that once again one of renau1g's characters is heading for an island locked in cold. Sorry, bud. At least you're built for it this time.
    Yeah...you'd think I learned my lesson from the last addventure At least Murphy won't be going anywhere so cold (at least I hope not)

Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    Yep, the MMC is certainly mostly monstrous! More now than ever, in fact.

We started with a bugbear rogue (Hrav), hobgoblin warlord (Quagmire), minotaur cleric (Brudd), half-elf warlock (Girth), and human fighter (Alex).

The minotaur cleric went into a player-absence induced coma, and was replaced after the first adventure with a hobgoblin bard (Mutt) and goblin sorcerer (Dang't). During the start of our second adventure, the human fighter took a nasty player-absence induced blow to the head, and was replaced with a goblin paladin (Kauldron).

Current MMC Lineup:
    * Beryk "Mutt" Verkunder (Erekose13): Hobgoblin Valorous Bard 2 - Redblade's Riches!
    * Dang't (stonegod): Goblin Storm Sorcerer 2 - Redblade's Riches!
    * Girth Snowbird (The Digger): Half-Elven Star Warlock 4 - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!
    * Hravoth "Hrav" Kortaga (garyh): Bugbear Brutal Rogue 5 - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!
    * Kauldron (Darksteed): Goblin Paladin 1 - Redblade's Riches!
    * Quagmire "Quag" Weaselcrust (covaithe): Hobgoblin Inspiring Warlord 4 - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!

So, two goblins, two hobgoblins, a bugbear, and a half-elf in the current crew. We've also got a bigger level spread than most L4W parties, at 5, 4, 4, 2, 2, 1. Role lineup of 1 defender, 2 leaders, and 3 strikers is kinda interesting, too. We've never had a controller.

Former members, currently incapacitated:
    * Alexander "Alex" Duran (Atanatotatos): Human Fighter - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!
    * Brudd Brassback (Halford): Minotaur Battle Cleric of Hadeys - Captain's Caper!

I think having our current fight be the start of a goblin-dwarf rivalry is a fun idea. We'll see if Phoenix8008 agrees.
    Hmmmm.... maybe Murphy should change his name and become a goblinoid of some kind to join the 'crew fat chance

LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/

L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore garyh
    All you need now is for Girth to reveal that his other half is an orc... (There's precedent, you know!)
    Totally. And the funny thing is, the half-elf is the craziest one of the bunch.
    Gary Hoggatt - www.garyh.net
    "Such heroic nonsense..."
    Living 4th Edition - Join EN World's community-created Play-by-Post world! Adventure awaits you in the Transitive Isles!

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore ryryguy
    Would the group then have to change its name to TMC (Totally Monstrous Crew)? FMC (Fully Monstrous Crew)?

Or maybe AFMC (Almost Fully Monstrous Crew), since you'd still have half a non-monster... if the elf half of the half-elf was drow you could still get to 100% FMC status!
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

well if you want to get technical both humans and elves are in the MM so maybe they already are the TMC or FMC?

LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/

L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Blog Entries

Ignore stonegod
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    Totally. And the funny thing is, the half-elf is the craziest one of the bunch.
    And Dang't is the eternal optimist, so he can't be far behind!
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

"You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Dunamin
    Quote Originally Posted by ryryguy View Post
    Would the group then have to change its name to TMC (Totally Monstrous Crew)? FMC (Fully Monstrous Crew)?

Or maybe AFMC (Almost Fully Monstrous Crew), since you'd still have half a non-monster... if the elf half of the half-elf was drow you could still get to 100% FMC status!
    Heh. By that logic, the Punishment Patrol would have started out as the THC (Totally Human Crew), but by now moved into AFFC (Almost Fully Fey Group).

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast