The Peanut Gallery

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I have to say, there are times I forget just how monstrous the MMC is - until you get an encounter where they're fighting dwarves, and the first 4 attackers are 2 goblins, a bugbear and a hobgoblin.

I don't recall much talk of the traditional Dwarf-Goblin grudges in any of the background material or RP here - it would be pretty cool if this was the incident that actually kicked off that ancient hatred!

EDIT: and in my continuing quest to read every single adventure thread, I just started on Lord Byron's Economic woes - and I see that once again one of renau1g's characters is heading for an island locked in cold. Sorry, bud. At least you're built for it this time.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Yep, the MMC is certainly mostly monstrous! :) More now than ever, in fact.

We started with a bugbear rogue (Hrav), hobgoblin warlord (Quagmire), minotaur cleric (Brudd), half-elf warlock (Girth), and human fighter (Alex).

The minotaur cleric went into a player-absence induced coma, and was replaced after the first adventure with a hobgoblin bard (Mutt) and goblin sorcerer (Dang't). During the start of our second adventure, the human fighter took a nasty player-absence induced blow to the head, and was replaced with a goblin paladin (Kauldron).

Current MMC Lineup:
* Beryk "Mutt" Verkunder (Erekose13): Hobgoblin Valorous Bard 2 - Redblade's Riches!
* Dang't (stonegod): Goblin Storm Sorcerer 2 - Redblade's Riches!
* Girth Snowbird (The Digger): Half-Elven Star Warlock 4 - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!
* Hravoth "Hrav" Kortaga (garyh): Bugbear Brutal Rogue 5 - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!
* Kauldron (Darksteed): Goblin Paladin 1 - Redblade's Riches!
* Quagmire "Quag" Weaselcrust (covaithe): Hobgoblin Inspiring Warlord 4 - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!

So, two goblins, two hobgoblins, a bugbear, and a half-elf in the current crew. We've also got a bigger level spread than most L4W parties, at 5, 4, 4, 2, 2, 1. Role lineup of 1 defender, 2 leaders, and 3 strikers is kinda interesting, too. We've never had a controller.

Former members, currently incapacitated:
* Alexander "Alex" Duran (Atanatotatos): Human Fighter - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!
* Brudd Brassback (Halford): Minotaur Battle Cleric of Hadeys - Captain's Caper!

I think having our current fight be the start of a goblin-dwarf rivalry is a fun idea. We'll see if Phoenix8008 agrees. :)

renau1g

First Post
EDIT: and in my continuing quest to read every single adventure thread, I just started on Lord Byron's Economic woes - and I see that once again one of renau1g's characters is heading for an island locked in cold. Sorry, bud. At least you're built for it this time.

Yeah...you'd think I learned my lesson from the last addventure ;) At least Murphy won't be going anywhere so cold (at least I hope not)

Yep, the MMC is certainly mostly monstrous! :) More now than ever, in fact.

We started with a bugbear rogue (Hrav), hobgoblin warlord (Quagmire), minotaur cleric (Brudd), half-elf warlock (Girth), and human fighter (Alex).

The minotaur cleric went into a player-absence induced coma, and was replaced after the first adventure with a hobgoblin bard (Mutt) and goblin sorcerer (Dang't). During the start of our second adventure, the human fighter took a nasty player-absence induced blow to the head, and was replaced with a goblin paladin (Kauldron).

Current MMC Lineup:
* Beryk "Mutt" Verkunder (Erekose13): Hobgoblin Valorous Bard 2 - Redblade's Riches!
* Dang't (stonegod): Goblin Storm Sorcerer 2 - Redblade's Riches!
* Girth Snowbird (The Digger): Half-Elven Star Warlock 4 - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!
* Hravoth "Hrav" Kortaga (garyh): Bugbear Brutal Rogue 5 - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!
* Kauldron (Darksteed): Goblin Paladin 1 - Redblade's Riches!
* Quagmire "Quag" Weaselcrust (covaithe): Hobgoblin Inspiring Warlord 4 - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!

So, two goblins, two hobgoblins, a bugbear, and a half-elf in the current crew. We've also got a bigger level spread than most L4W parties, at 5, 4, 4, 2, 2, 1. Role lineup of 1 defender, 2 leaders, and 3 strikers is kinda interesting, too. We've never had a controller.

Former members, currently incapacitated:
* Alexander "Alex" Duran (Atanatotatos): Human Fighter - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!
* Brudd Brassback (Halford): Minotaur Battle Cleric of Hadeys - Captain's Caper!

I think having our current fight be the start of a goblin-dwarf rivalry is a fun idea. We'll see if Phoenix8008 agrees. :)

Hmmmm.... maybe Murphy should change his name and become a goblinoid of some kind to join the 'crew ;) fat chance

ryryguy

First Post
All you need now is for Girth to reveal that his other half is an orc... (There's precedent, you know!)

Would the group then have to change its name to TMC (Totally Monstrous Crew)? FMC (Fully Monstrous Crew)?

Or maybe AFMC (Almost Fully Monstrous Crew), since you'd still have half a non-monster... if the elf half of the half-elf was drow you could still get to 100% FMC status!

Dunamin

First Post
Would the group then have to change its name to TMC (Totally Monstrous Crew)? FMC (Fully Monstrous Crew)?

Or maybe AFMC (Almost Fully Monstrous Crew), since you'd still have half a non-monster... if the elf half of the half-elf was drow you could still get to 100% FMC status!
Heh. By that logic, the Punishment Patrol would have started out as the THC (Totally Human Crew), but by now moved into AFFC (Almost Fully Fey Group).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases