D&D 4th Edition The Peanut Gallery - Page 30

+ Log in or register to post
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    I prefer the term, Whole Team Fey or WTF!
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

"Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Dunamin
    Quote Originally Posted by H.M.Gimlord View Post
    I prefer the term, Whole Team Fey or WTF!
    That would be an appropriate team for the Ring Of The Fey Lord adventure (ROTFL).

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore Lord Sessadore
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunamin View Post
    That would be an appropriate team for the Ring Of The Fey Lord adventure (ROTFL).
    Fun Fact: Ata once sent me a PM with ROTFL as the subject. I thought he had a hilarious link or something he just had to share ... but it was actually about the adventure and wasn't funny at all.
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Kalidrev
    LOL! Exactly why there should be a distinction made between ROFL (Roll on floor laughing) and ROTFL (Ring of the Fey Lord).

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Ignore Phoenix8008
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    Yep, the MMC is certainly mostly monstrous! More now than ever, in fact.

We started with a bugbear rogue (Hrav), hobgoblin warlord (Quagmire), minotaur cleric (Brudd), half-elf warlock (Girth), and human fighter (Alex).

The minotaur cleric went into a player-absence induced coma, and was replaced after the first adventure with a hobgoblin bard (Mutt) and goblin sorcerer (Dang't). During the start of our second adventure, the human fighter took a nasty player-absence induced blow to the head, and was replaced with a goblin paladin (Kauldron).

Current MMC Lineup:
    * Beryk "Mutt" Verkunder (Erekose13): Hobgoblin Valorous Bard 2 - Redblade's Riches!
    * Dang't (stonegod): Goblin Storm Sorcerer 2 - Redblade's Riches!
    * Girth Snowbird (The Digger): Half-Elven Star Warlock 4 - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!
    * Hravoth "Hrav" Kortaga (garyh): Bugbear Brutal Rogue 5 - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!
    * Kauldron (Darksteed): Goblin Paladin 1 - Redblade's Riches!
    * Quagmire "Quag" Weaselcrust (covaithe): Hobgoblin Inspiring Warlord 4 - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!

So, two goblins, two hobgoblins, a bugbear, and a half-elf in the current crew. We've also got a bigger level spread than most L4W parties, at 5, 4, 4, 2, 2, 1. Role lineup of 1 defender, 2 leaders, and 3 strikers is kinda interesting, too. We've never had a controller.

Former members, currently incapacitated:
    * Alexander "Alex" Duran (Atanatotatos): Human Fighter - Captain's Caper!, Redblade's Riches!
    * Brudd Brassback (Halford): Minotaur Battle Cleric of Hadeys - Captain's Caper!

I think having our current fight be the start of a goblin-dwarf rivalry is a fun idea. We'll see if Phoenix8008 agrees.
    I think its a great idea. Not that I have any plans to use the idea adventure wise or anything. I've already got two different adventure idea's for what comes after Redblade's Riches and neither of them involve a war with the dwarves.

Maybe someday we can have a battle royal between the MMC and the Wayne's Basement crew over the fate of Rioc Paravel, former home of a rich dwarven kingdom! Wow, that idea combined with what Mal pulled in 6 Eagle Down by bringing in other PC's to help in the final fight gave me an interesting idea. But I suppose PC vs PC for a final battle linking two adventures together would be BAD.

On the other hand, I'm having a tough enough time throwing something challenging at the MMC. They are like an industrial strength monster meat grinder! Of course, I don't wanna kill Kauldron either. Another level or two to toughen him up though and he'll be fine. You know what dragons say about Paladins, dont'cha? -Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside.-

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore covaithe
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix8008 View Post
    Of course, I don't wanna kill...
    See, there's your problem.

Joking! Joking! I play in that adventure... Don't hurt me...
    My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Ignore Phoenix8008
    Quote Originally Posted by covaithe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix8008
    Of course, I don't wanna kill...
    See, there's your problem.

Joking! Joking! I play in that adventure... Don't hurt me...
    Hey, if you finish that sentence you quoted, you'll see that I only said I didn't want to kill Kauldron. That leaves me all sorts of room to play still!

Hmmm...I've gotta figure out a way to sneak Kane into the MMC. He'd fit in I think, although Hrav might not like a second bugbear around.

Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore garyh
    Hrav's a cheerful sort, he's happy to have any company that'll help him smash whoever they're fighting. Heck, we have two goblins and two hobgoblins in the group, it's almost strange there ISN'T another bugbear in MMC.
    Gary Hoggatt - www.garyh.net
    "Such heroic nonsense..."
    Living 4th Edition - Join EN World's community-created Play-by-Post world! Adventure awaits you in the Transitive Isles!

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Blog Entries

Ignore stonegod
    We really need to turn Girth into a goblinoid somehow. Maybe a ritual. Dang't can think of the possibilities...
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

"You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast