The Peanut Gallery

covaithe

Explorer
Prediction: Girth will turn out to be Hrav's daddy, in disguise. At some point, someone will cast a Dispel on him, and the truth will come out. Mark my words.

garyh

First Post
Prediction: Girth will turn out to be Hrav's daddy, in disguise. At some point, someone will cast a Dispel on him, and the truth will come out. Mark my words.

Nope. Can't be. We've seen Girth and Ghren in the same place at the same time. Remember when Redblade hired Ghren?

Fragsie

Explorer
The events of the day had taken their toll on Chaku, and as the waves rocked him gently to sleep, they blended together in a most unusual dream. A young Chaku was one of the few people in all the world who had won a voyage on the magical silver ship owned by an eccentric Captain named Ardeh. When Chaku first met the Captain, she had pretended to be weak and feeble, only to surprise him and all the other younglings there with her quick moves and quicker wit.

As they toured the ship, Chaku could definitely tell there was something special about it, they walked for nearly a quarter mile down a long, straight wooden corridor, yet from the outside, the ship couldn’t have been more than 200 feet long. At the end of the hall, there was a large oaken door, that swung open with a creak, and behind the door, the most insane room yet. The entire room was made of the beans the Chaku was seeking; floor, walls, ceiling, chairs, table, plants, everything. Ardeh entered and motioned the children forward, her blue sailor garb a sharp contrast to the sea of brown beans surrounding her. As the young surged forward, each step unleashed the unique scent of the beans.

After a few minutes of frivolity, the Captain deftly pulled out a small silver flute and played a few trill notes, and quick as a whip, the flute vanished into whatever pocket she had retrieved it from. In response to her tune, a dozen small, multicolored Halflings emerged from small door in one of the bean walls. They scurried about with various cleaning implements, dusting, washing, and fixing the beans that were out of sorts with their neighbors.

Suddenly, the Halflings stopped and jumped into a line, from somewhere out of sight, a drumbeat struck up a rhythm, which the Halflings quickly matched as they began to chant:

Loudtoe Proudtoe doompadee doo
I've got crazy puzzle for you
Loudtoe Proudtoe doompadah dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me

What do you get when you’re rude as can be?
Adventurer’s who can’t wait to flee.
How do you think that you’ll solve the crime?
After you’ve wasted all of their time.

You'll get no
You'll get no
You'll get no
You'll get no
You'll get no cute ko-ho-bolds

Loudtoe Proudtoe doompadee dah
You were impatient, now you won’t go far
Loudtoe Proudtoe doompadah dee
Only as far as you, can, see

//dancing interlude as they slowly leave the way they entered//

On the Bluebell Lady!

States the last one in a deep baritone as he slams the door shut behind him. Amazed at what he just saw, Chaku turns to the closest child, a young blonde girl with a toothy grin plastered on her face. As he is about to speak to her, she holds up a finger to wait, and then opens her mouth, and the voice of Jynxx pours forth, stating: A Halfling stopped me on my way to the ship. Confused by what the girl says, Chaku states that she is already on the ship, and the Halflings just left.

Meanwhile, on the deck of the Bluebell Lady, Chaku tosses and turns, rolling himself quite tightly in his bedroll as he curls into a fetal position, his maul tucked between his knees.
Pure genius! There should be more oompa-loompa interludes throughout L4W!
[sblock=Players of Food of the Gods do not read]And so apt too considering what the food actualy is! Has Mezegis worked it out I wonder or is it pure coincidence?[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
Yes the dream was awesome... the bit at the end was where a kalashtar PC sent him a telepathic message while he was still asleep. :)

[sblock=Food of the Gods players DO NOT read]BenBrown has already figured it out - curse you, Google! <shakes fist> Mezegis and the others have not, so far as I know (they've said nothing at least).[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases