The Peanut Gallery

renau1g

First Post
I am a very lucky DM. Here's a sample of the excellent posting that is in my Chef's Request adventure. Kudos to everyone, but the goliath's have been a riot.

-''But what be kobold to goliath pace conversion?'' Ghorgor asks, scratching his head.

He then looks around, sees a kobold walking down the street and then tries to walk discreetly behind him. Discreetly by the standards of a goliath in full plate armor, mind you. The young kobold, carrying carpenter tools and obviously going to work, notices Ghorgor (how could he not!) and quicken the pace, scared. Ghorgor picks up the pace and soon they are both sprinting down the street, the innocent kobold squealing in fright. Ghorgor soon gives up in frustration.

-''ARG! IS NO GOOD! I no can count my steps and kobold steps at same time if we be running!''

Ghorgor is in the lead. He frequently signals the group to stop. Is it because he sees something suspicious? Never. It's always because he lost count of the paces they made, because he forgot how many paces they are supposed to make or because he saw a pretty bird.

-''Oooh. Look, a blue jay!''

Fissure keeps to the rear, his calm presence unperturbed by Ghorgor's constant pauses. Every time the other goliath thought he say a bird, Fissure would let him know if it really was a bird or a knot of branches. Or a piece or torn cloth. Or a cloud. Or nothing really at all.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
I know it's pure vanity, but it's always fun to be quoted! Thanks.

Hey, I just realized that now four of my characters have been quoted in the peanuts gallery! Wee, more reasons for vanity!

Someone

Adventurer
Very dire, I'd say. The alpha monkey looks like an elite, I imagine it's HP shuld be in the 80-some range. Even if the lesser monkeys decided somehow to run into the pond and drown themselves, I'm the only one with a ranged attack and have to roll 14 at the very least to hit him. The rest of the remaining party members (who were having a lot of problems hitting the normal mandrills too) are melee and the big monkey seems to have a close burst attack which does on average more than our surge value. I don't think we can survive the combat and in fact I would have run away this turn if my monkey didn't have me grabbed.

Rapida

First Post
Very dire, I'd say. The alpha monkey looks like an elite, I imagine it's HP shuld be in the 80-some range. Even if the lesser monkeys decided somehow to run into the pond and drown themselves, I'm the only one with a ranged attack and have to roll 14 at the very least to hit him. The rest of the remaining party members (who were having a lot of problems hitting the normal mandrills too) are melee and the big monkey seems to have a close burst attack which does on average more than our surge value. I don't think we can survive the combat and in fact I would have run away this turn if my monkey didn't have me grabbed.
I'm not ready to run yet, Brenwar could theoretically tank these people for a long time if I keep hitting with my at will to be at 25 AC.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I don't know why you guys are having such a hard time with these Mandrills. We fought them in Sanzuo's RL game and pretty much butchered them*. Oh, and my Ranger spent six rounds getting slowly murdered by a
trap
later on in the adventure, just so you have something to look forward to :)

*Caveat: We were level 12 at the time, with rolled stats, 3 strikers, a fairly op paladin and a healing-specialized cleric.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Just a funny post from WD "Nejs wakes up from the burning sensation as the potion repairs some of his body."

This was after Calisto "administered" some aid to the fallen half-elf :p

Now where are those disease rules again? ;)

Edit: One more gem
OOC: Yes. somebody should just put it in Nejs' mouth...

Last edited:

Remove ads