D&D 4th Edition The Peanut Gallery - Page 37

What's on your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Mewness View Post
    "Well actually I had a really really bad nosebleed once and it got all over my hands and completely covered the--" Papolstaanas slows down, pauses, and then adds, "ummm... Maybe you don't want to hear about that."
    It wouldn't let me give experience for this.

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

My NPC just made 5 critical in 5 rounds, on per round (in 6 attack)... That mean an attack at 2d6+5, add sneak attack on every of these critical (he had combat advantage on each one) for an extra 2d6. That's make a 29 damage. But the guy even did 2d6 critical damage for a big total of 2d6+29 per round.

The two question I wonder now is, why this happen when 3 of the critical was against an NPC, and why all these 20 rolled by one of my Monster when I would have preferred them on one of my PC!
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

"Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore BenBrown
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sky View Post
    Stalking the Prey, Round 10
    Death Mote 1: Deathly Arc: 17 Fort vs Kaz, hit, 5 necrotic damage reduced to 2. Rerisen Boost(when Stalker 1 fails a save): grants Stalker 1 a second save and is destroyed.
    Death Mote 2: Deathly Arc: 23 Fort vs Kaz, hit, 5 necrotic damage reduced to 2. Rerisen Boost(when Stalker 1 fails a save): grants Stalker 1 a second save and is destroyed.
    Death Mote 3: Deathly Arc: 12 Fort vs Kaz, miss. Rerisen Boost(when Stalker 1 fails a save): grants Stalker 1 a second save and is destroyed.
    Death Mote 4: Deathly Arc: 19 Fort vs Kaz, hit, 5 necrotic damage reduced to 2. Rerisen Boost(when Stalker 1 fails a save): grants Stalker 1 a second save and is destroyed.
    Death Mote 7: Deathly Arc: 26 Fort vs Kaz, hit, 5 necrotic damage reduced to 2. Rerisen Boost(when Stalker 1 fails a save): grants Stalker 1 a second save and is destroyed.
    Death Mote 8: Deathly Arc: 23 Fort vs Scarm, hit, 5 necrotic damage. Rerisen Boost(when Stalker 1 fails a save): grants Stalker 1 a second save and is destroyed.

Rerisen Stalker 1: Rerise: 5, fail. Reroll: 9, fail. Reroll: 7, fail. Reroll: 7, fail. Reroll: 8, fail. Reroll: 9, fail. Reroll: 8, fail. <Holy crap, that was with +2 to its saves! To quote one of the best movies ever: "Inconceivable".>
    Rerisen Stalker 2: Shimmerskin: Invisible, shift to N9. Claws(+2 CA): 19 AC vs Fredrock, miss. Terrifying Gaze(+2 CA): 22 Will vs Fredrock, hit, 20 psychic damage reduced to 16 and -2 defenses and slowed(save ends).

Rerisen Dead Y: Slam(+2 CA): 13 AC vs Fredrock, miss.
    Rerisen Dead S: Slam: 19 AC vs Fredrock, miss.
    Not much to say, other than being amazed by the whiff-fest on the part of the monsters.
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Iron Sky
    I was just trying to beat my record when my character Dante failed 9 saves against a sleep spell in a row (several with bonuses) and was asleep for an entire combat.

That said, amazing how having 6 of the 10 remaining monsters suddenly self-destruct trying to resurrect a 7th turns a possible TPK into a mop up.
    Last edited by Iron Sky; Friday, 21st January, 2011 at 05:20 AM.

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    My communities:

At home, I'm running a Tabletop game of the Tomb of Horrors. A while ago, when the party encountered the gargoyle, it was immediately hit by the wizard's Sleep spell, against which the gargoyle failed 6 consecutive saves, after the second of which the party hacked away at the gargoyle Coup de Grace style, making quite short work of a creature that could easily have killed them all.

I guess all I'm saying is, "I feel your pain."

BTW: The Princess Bride is not one of the best movies ever. It is the best movie ever!
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

"Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

Is that the remake of the original for RPGA or the new super module?

Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore FourMonos
    Quote Originally Posted by H.M.Gimlord View Post
    BTW: The Princess Bride is not one of the best movies ever. It is the best movie ever!
    Maybe not the spot for this, but I couldn't resist: "You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia', but only slightly less well known is this..."

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    My communities:

@renau1g: This is the one that WoTC sent out Pro Bono to their event DMs.
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

"Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

I love that one...

Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore covaithe
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sky
    "Not only was the City Watch investing significant manpower in the case, they also hired a group of trained, reliable, professional, and highly skilled outside investigators to help bring the case to a conclusion."
    I haven't actually read the adventure in question, but this bit makes me think there must have been some entertainingly wacky hijinks involved.
    My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940 LastLast