The Peanut Gallery

Velmont

First Post
My NPC just made 5 critical in 5 rounds, on per round (in 6 attack)... That mean an attack at 2d6+5, add sneak attack on every of these critical (he had combat advantage on each one) for an extra 2d6. That's make a 29 damage. But the guy even did 2d6 critical damage for a big total of 2d6+29 per round.

The two question I wonder now is, why this happen when 3 of the critical was against an NPC, and why all these 20 rolled by one of my Monster when I would have preferred them on one of my PC!

BenBrown

First Post
Stalking the Prey, Round 10
Death Mote 1: Deathly Arc: 17 Fort vs Kaz, hit, 5 necrotic damage reduced to 2. Rerisen Boost(when Stalker 1 fails a save): grants Stalker 1 a second save and is destroyed.
Death Mote 2: Deathly Arc: 23 Fort vs Kaz, hit, 5 necrotic damage reduced to 2. Rerisen Boost(when Stalker 1 fails a save): grants Stalker 1 a second save and is destroyed.
Death Mote 3: Deathly Arc: 12 Fort vs Kaz, miss. Rerisen Boost(when Stalker 1 fails a save): grants Stalker 1 a second save and is destroyed.
Death Mote 4: Deathly Arc: 19 Fort vs Kaz, hit, 5 necrotic damage reduced to 2. Rerisen Boost(when Stalker 1 fails a save): grants Stalker 1 a second save and is destroyed.
Death Mote 7: Deathly Arc: 26 Fort vs Kaz, hit, 5 necrotic damage reduced to 2. Rerisen Boost(when Stalker 1 fails a save): grants Stalker 1 a second save and is destroyed.
Death Mote 8: Deathly Arc: 23 Fort vs Scarm, hit, 5 necrotic damage. Rerisen Boost(when Stalker 1 fails a save): grants Stalker 1 a second save and is destroyed.

Rerisen Stalker 1: Rerise: 5, fail. Reroll: 9, fail. Reroll: 7, fail. Reroll: 7, fail. Reroll: 8, fail. Reroll: 9, fail. Reroll: 8, fail. <Holy crap, that was with +2 to its saves! To quote one of the best movies ever: "Inconceivable".>
Rerisen Stalker 2: Shimmerskin: Invisible, shift to N9. Claws(+2 CA): 19 AC vs Fredrock, miss. Terrifying Gaze(+2 CA): 22 Will vs Fredrock, hit, 20 psychic damage reduced to 16 and -2 defenses and slowed(save ends).

Rerisen Dead Y: Slam(+2 CA): 13 AC vs Fredrock, miss.
Rerisen Dead S: Slam: 19 AC vs Fredrock, miss.

Not much to say, other than being amazed by the whiff-fest on the part of the monsters.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
At home, I'm running a Tabletop game of the Tomb of Horrors. A while ago, when the party encountered the gargoyle, it was immediately hit by the wizard's Sleep spell, against which the gargoyle failed 6 consecutive saves, after the second of which the party hacked away at the gargoyle Coup de Grace style, making quite short work of a creature that could easily have killed them all.

I guess all I'm saying is, "I feel your pain."

BTW: The Princess Bride is not one of the best movies ever. It is the best movie ever!

FourMonos

First Post
BTW: The Princess Bride is not one of the best movies ever. It is the best movie ever!

Maybe not the spot for this, but I couldn't resist: "You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia', but only slightly less well known is this..."

covaithe

Explorer
Iron Sky said:
"Not only was the City Watch investing significant manpower in the case, they also hired a group of trained, reliable, professional, and highly skilled outside investigators to help bring the case to a conclusion."

I haven't actually read the adventure in question, but this bit makes me think there must have been some entertainingly wacky hijinks involved. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases