The Peanut Gallery

dimsdale

First Post
Is dimsdale playing the entire party now in Problem of Nobility, or what?

Not entirely true

Here's the deal:

IG has computer problems but checks in while she can. She said she'd get things straightened out in a few days

LS recently got married and is on his honeymoon. It would be a bad idea for him to sneak in a post behind his brides back during that time I think. He'll be back in a 4 days I think.

Both IC an LS stated that we could roleplay their characters until they get back

N3Day ??? Last post July 30

Tinwe??? Last four post: July 23, July 31, Aug 4 and Aug 10.

Johnmeier1 hasn't posted in a couple days. He last stated that he'd roleplay Carolina, IC's character until she got back and also Tinwe's character. I said that I'd do LS and N3Day's characters. When a couple days went by with no replies, I said that I do them all. :)

I take it that this is a rule violation.

Please advise on what we can do about the situation. I, for one, am frustrated. I believe Renau1g is too (although I it would be unfair to speak for him).

Suggestions?

Please don't say "be patient." I think we've been that way for quite awhile. I understand that one must be patient when a DM leaves such as the case with Halford, SeaPainter and now the DM in Fire and Ice. A judge needs to become familiar with the adventure before taking over. What are rules for players leaving or extremely slow in posting?

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
I take it that this is a rule violation.

Not really. It's not a great situation, but 1) there's good reason to believe it's temporary, and 2) that's the way the DM in question is most comfortable handling it in the meantime. So no problems, rules-wise.

Suggestions?

Please don't say "be patient."

Sorry, but guess what I'm about to say... Yeah. PbP is usually frustratingly slow. Over time, every PbP game I've ever been involved with has slowed down. (That's one of the reasons I encourage short adventures so much here.) Sometimes they speed back up again once things get better. Sometimes they just kind of trail off into apathy. I think in this case there's good reason to believe that it will pick up again soon, so probably patience is the best answer.

If it continues to be a problem to the point where the adventure's not fun, the options are basically 1) dump the missing players and recruit more from the inn, 2) dump the missing players and attempt to continue with a smaller party, or 3) end the adventure early. Depending on who's left, 2 may not be a realistic option in all cases. It's mostly up to the players and the DM to decide.

renau1g

First Post
As the DM in question, I thought I'd drop by. dimsdale's stepped up and offered to take over temporary control of the PC's and we'll be starting combat shortly. The adventure is nearing completion and I don't have the desire to recruit players for such a short period of time. L.S. will be back shortly so that's fine. Worst case they each take 3 PC's. Best case, Xoc is still controlled by dimsdale and IG gets controlled by someone else (maybe L.S.?). So it's a mano-e-mano match between me and dimsdale...Let's Get Ready to RUMMMMMBBBLLLLLEEEE!

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk and Grim repeatedly but heads and bash each other's shoulders as Xoc puts the finishing touches on the battle plan. Georg stands with arms out and eyes closed chanting from an unknown language, summoning powers from within. Carolina sits relaxed twirling a dagger with her index finger. Raiyek finishes his inspection of his armor, adjusting a strap, and looks up with fierce eyes and states with confidence, "Bring it on DM!"

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OK. More news from the world of Dextyr's strikers.

"Okay! Thank you!"

With cheer, Tonk wraps the cord in a complicated, interwoven pattern, starting with binding the halfling's hands knuckle-to-knuckle behind his back, then tying elbows-to-elbows, giving the rope a hard tug, so that the shoulders pop out of joint. He binds the ankles and knees, then hangs the halfling upside down from a tree limb.

Tonk searches through his duffel bag, retrieving a bar of homemade soap. He slaps the halfling in the face.

"Hey! Hey! Mr. Dirty Mouth, I have thing for you!"

As soon as the halfling wakes and starts to speak, Tonk grabs his bottom jaw, forcing it open. The half-orc then shoves the bar of soap into the halfling's mouth. Covering the halfling's mouth, Tonk says...

"Chew! Swallow!"

Boy am I glad Mikara didn't swear out loud!

Stringbean2142

First Post
So, the strangest OOC conversation I've ever seen is happening in "The Closed Eye."

KenHood said:
[sblock=OOC]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atriden
Kenhood: Damn, it sucks that Palindrome is dead, are you sure you don't want us to resurrect him? We could make up some excuse to bring him back to life ;).

No, you guys stay in character, and don't get sentimental on me! We've been doing a hell of a job RP'ing this adventure, and I'd be dissappointed if y'all broke character to bring him back to life. [/sblock]

Has anyone ever seen a player tell his/her party to leave his/her character dead? Anyone?

That's a commitment to roleplaying, and I for one salute KenHood for it.

Rapida

First Post
I've really liked reading that adventure, maybe Do^3 (or whatever his name is) will spring for the raise dead. That would still fit in character and bring back a very funny PC.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Speaking of Palindrome's death:

On the other hand, the Raise Dead ritual specifically says that you need part of the corpse. Not to put any ideas into your head or anything... ;)

Ooh, take the possessed hand!

Actually... Palindrome's dead, but is the hand? I picture it sitting on the end of his arm, looking around and saying, "Well, this is a fine mess."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases