Can Dextyr Keep All These Strikers Alive? (DM: JoeNotCharles, Ozymandias79 Judging)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Tristan looks thoughtful during both Tonk and Dextyr's speeches, but decides to keep his thoughts to himself.

"Well, if Dextyr and Blade are going to pummel each other, why don't we?" he asks Mikara.

Then he punches her.

[sblock=Punch]Punching Mikara (1d4=3)[/sblock]

"There," he says with a lighthearted smile. Then he presents his cheek for Mikara to hit, though in different circumstances the pose could be for a less violent encounter. "Put 'er there," he says, indicating his cheek with one finger.

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Ok, I'm back, and I'll start the adventure tomorrow as planned!
[/sblock]

[sblock=XP]
Minor Quest Completed: Become Punch Brothers

100 XP divided among every character that took a punch
Tonk gets twice that (total) for starting the whole thing off.

Revised below.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"OK now that we have gotten the jabs out of the way - literal and physical - lets finish this. If we are to be comrades on this job then I would prefer to get any issues you may have with me out of the way beforehand. If you have any preconceived notions about who I am based on my heritage or upbringing you can just cork that up and put it away. If you wish to judge me then judge me on my actions, and as Tonk put it, not how pointy my ears may or may not be"

Dextyr then (if Mikara will allow) finishes the rite and gives her a very loose hug.

Dextyr then turns to Blade "OK now its our turn"

Mikara gives Dextyr a satisfied smile after receiving his blow, like she's been impressed.

"Let's just say I'm wont to speed this game.
Peaceful tongues give quarter undesired.
I spat at you so you give your blow
without reserve so I could see your ire.

As for hitting ladies I advise
you keep your guard. Some are no gentle prize.

My 'hate' inspired you to show your best
Congratulations, you have passed the test."

Mikara smiles and hugs the confused half-elf vigorously, she turns to Tonk.

"Your ways are strange to me my gentle friend,
but my strange ways hope for similar ends."

[sblock=OOC (translation):]Mikara is a bigot with a capital 'B'. She is extremely prejudiced against humans (as well as half-elves). Half-orcs not so much because she considers the orc half a step toward improvement. The "half-breed" comment, however, was more a desire to test limits of Dextyr's diplomatic personality. Additionally, she didn't want him pulling a punch just because she is a woman. She was somewhat offended by Tonk's 'light' punch, but she tolerated it because she figured that in a fight, Tonk has nothing to prove. Dextyr's "I'm a lover, not a fighter" style required a little more assurance.

RPing this is quite fun... Thanks for the idea KenHood and DMDanW[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"There," he says with a lighthearted smile. Then he presents his cheek for Mikara to hit, though in different circumstances the pose could be for a less violent encounter. "Put 'er there," he says, indicating his cheek with one finger.

Mikara recovers her stance from Tristan's punch, but offers him no smile. She only wishes she had the strength to break his jaw.

I can't give the babies argument to this guy, but it'll get through to him eventually.

She punches:

[sblock=Damage:] 1d4=4 [/sblock]

Now she smiles and gives him a hug to match the one she gave Dextyr.

She turns to the Half-Orc

"I like this tradition, and I agree. The skulls would have been a nice touch."

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC:]
Dextyr turns to Mikara and stares at her with a puzzeled look on his face.
Hmmm I'm sure I havent' slept with her before...what's her issue..

I'm with Ken on this one. Good Line!:cool: This group has wit that I can't match. I'm humbled to be sharing a thread with you all.:angel:[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Ok, I'm back, and I'll start the adventure tomorrow as planned!

As mentioned, I may not be able to check in often today as I am tied up in family activities all day today (Canada Day holiday, like US 4th of July).

If I don't reply in a timely manner, just assume Dex is in for whatever the group decides.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Dextyr then turns to Blade "OK now its our turn"

"Yes, let's have at it" Blade agrees, tossing a left jab straight into Dextyr's face, then preparing for the return strike and obligatory hug.

[sblock=OOC]
I'm most likely not going to be able to post today (after now) as I'm going to be doing Canada Day stuff as well

Also, Note: I'm going to be without internet access on my vacation from 7/3 - 7/13 so please have Blade come along for the ride.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=XP]Ha-ha! Cool!

Tonk gets twice that (total) for starting the whole thing off.
Actually, DMDanW started it off. He was trying to stop Tonk from breaking into the bishop's office.
[/sblock]

Mikara gives Dextyr a satisfied smile after receiving his blow, like she's been impressed.

"Let's just say I'm wont to speed this game....

Mikara smiles and hugs the confused half-elf vigorously, she turns to Tonk.

"Your ways are strange to me my gentle friend,
but my strange ways hope for similar ends."
Tonk cranes forward in concentration. Then, he smiles and shrugs.

"Uh... I think I understand about half what you say. My Allarian not much good. But, okay!"

He gives Mikara a hopeful thumbs up.

"I like this tradition, and I agree. The skulls would have been a nice touch."
"Skull is always nice touch! My mama, she decorate with them all the time. When I in crib, crib made from bone and skull. I have rattle made from skull of kobold. It full of little skull from tiny animal. Skull also taste good because brain inside. You know, if you eat much rabbit, but not eat rabbit brain, you get sick? Yes. Is good to eat brain. Also, can use brain for to tan hide. See coat?" Tonk plucks at his jacket. "Is tan with brain. Also use pee. My pee. Make it much soft, but also need to chew hide to get most soft. But hide not taste like pee, because soak hide in river first. You know, is good if you drink much so pee is clear? Drink like water and tea and juice, but not booze. If pee is much yellow, you might end up pee little rock and blood. Happen to Papa lot. He scream more from little rock in pee than when paladin cut him with holy sword."

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Well, enworld was down during my window when I wanted to post. Well done, enworld. May or may not have time to start this off today after all.
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Tristan felt the extra animosity in Mikara's punch. Heh, stupid Blade. What does he know about elves? he thinks. Probably for the best, anyway.

Tristan smiles back at Mikara after her punch, though it's just a normal smile this time with no extra connotations. "A solid blow, Punch Sister."

Once Blade and Dextyr are done, Tristan asks, "Well, Blade, shall we as well?" And proceeds to punch him on the chin, then prepares for the deva's return punch.
[sblock=OOC]I, too, am busy with Canada Day stuff and probably won't post again today. (By the way, Happy Canada Day, DMDan and renau!) I'll be around tomorrow, and if things get started today just bring Tristan along with Blade and Dextyr. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases