Can Dextyr Keep All These Strikers Alive? (DM: JoeNotCharles, Ozymandias79 Judging) - Page 7


What's on your mind?

  1. #61
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,573
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Lord Sessadore
    My communities:

    Tristan looks thoughtful during both Tonk and Dextyr's speeches, but decides to keep his thoughts to himself.

    "Well, if Dextyr and Blade are going to pummel each other, why don't we?" he asks Mikara.

    Then he punches her.



    "There," he says with a lighthearted smile. Then he presents his cheek for Mikara to hit, though in different circumstances the pose could be for a less violent encounter. "Put 'er there," he says, indicating his cheek with one finger.
    Last edited by Lord Sessadore; Wednesday, 1st July, 2009 at 08:31 AM.
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

 

  • #62
    OOC

    Ok, I'm back, and I'll start the adventure tomorrow as planned!


    XP

    Minor Quest Completed: Become Punch Brothers

    100 XP divided among every character that took a punch
    Tonk gets twice that (total) for starting the whole thing off.


    Revised below.
    Last edited by JoeNotCharles; Thursday, 2nd July, 2009 at 03:22 AM.

  • #63
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    H.M.Gimlord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,696
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by DMDanW View Post
    "OK now that we have gotten the jabs out of the way - literal and physical - lets finish this. If we are to be comrades on this job then I would prefer to get any issues you may have with me out of the way beforehand. If you have any preconceived notions about who I am based on my heritage or upbringing you can just cork that up and put it away. If you wish to judge me then judge me on my actions, and as Tonk put it, not how pointy my ears may or may not be"

    Dextyr then (if Mikara will allow) finishes the rite and gives her a very loose hug.

    Dextyr then turns to Blade "OK now its our turn"
    Mikara gives Dextyr a satisfied smile after receiving his blow, like she's been impressed.

    "Let's just say I'm wont to speed this game.
    Peaceful tongues give quarter undesired.
    I spat at you so you give your blow
    without reserve so I could see your ire.

    As for hitting ladies I advise
    you keep your guard. Some are no gentle prize.

    My 'hate' inspired you to show your best
    Congratulations, you have passed the test."

    Mikara smiles and hugs the confused half-elf vigorously, she turns to Tonk.

    "Your ways are strange to me my gentle friend,
    but my strange ways hope for similar ends."

    OOC (translation):
    Mikara is a bigot with a capital 'B'. She is extremely prejudiced against humans (as well as half-elves). Half-orcs not so much because she considers the orc half a step toward improvement. The "half-breed" comment, however, was more a desire to test limits of Dextyr's diplomatic personality. Additionally, she didn't want him pulling a punch just because she is a woman. She was somewhat offended by Tonk's 'light' punch, but she tolerated it because she figured that in a fight, Tonk has nothing to prove. Dextyr's "I'm a lover, not a fighter" style required a little more assurance.

    RPing this is quite fun... Thanks for the idea KenHood and DMDanW
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

    "Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

  • #64
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    H.M.Gimlord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,696
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sessadore View Post
    "There," he says with a lighthearted smile. Then he presents his cheek for Mikara to hit, though in different circumstances the pose could be for a less violent encounter. "Put 'er there," he says, indicating his cheek with one finger.
    Mikara recovers her stance from Tristan's punch, but offers him no smile. She only wishes she had the strength to break his jaw.

    I can't give the babies argument to this guy, but it'll get through to him eventually.

    She punches:

    Damage:


    Now she smiles and gives him a hug to match the one she gave Dextyr.

    She turns to the Half-Orc

    "I like this tradition, and I agree. The skulls would have been a nice touch."
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

    "Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

  • #65
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    H.M.Gimlord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,696
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    My communities:

    OOC:
    Quote Originally Posted by DMDanW View Post
    Dextyr turns to Mikara and stares at her with a puzzeled look on his face.
    Hmmm I'm sure I havent' slept with her before...what's her issue..
    I'm with Ken on this one. Good Line! This group has wit that I can't match. I'm humbled to be sharing a thread with you all.
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

    "Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

  • #66
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DMDanW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    933
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore DMDanW
    OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeNotCharles View Post
    Ok, I'm back, and I'll start the adventure tomorrow as planned!
    As mentioned, I may not be able to check in often today as I am tied up in family activities all day today (Canada Day holiday, like US 4th of July).

    If I don't reply in a timely manner, just assume Dex is in for whatever the group decides.

  • #67
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by DMDanW View Post
    Dextyr then turns to Blade "OK now its our turn"
    "Yes, let's have at it" Blade agrees, tossing a left jab straight into Dextyr's face, then preparing for the return strike and obligatory hug.

    OOC

    I'm most likely not going to be able to post today (after now) as I'm going to be doing Canada Day stuff as well

    Also, Note: I'm going to be without internet access on my vacation from 7/3 - 7/13 so please have Blade come along for the ride.
    Last edited by renau1g; Wednesday, 1st July, 2009 at 05:26 PM.


    LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/


    L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

  • #68
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,887
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore KenHood
    My communities:

    XP
    Ha-ha! Cool!

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeNotCharles View Post
    Tonk gets twice that (total) for starting the whole thing off.
    Actually, DMDanW started it off. He was trying to stop Tonk from breaking into the bishop's office.


    Quote Originally Posted by H.M.Gimlord View Post
    Mikara gives Dextyr a satisfied smile after receiving his blow, like she's been impressed.

    "Let's just say I'm wont to speed this game....

    Mikara smiles and hugs the confused half-elf vigorously, she turns to Tonk.

    "Your ways are strange to me my gentle friend,
    but my strange ways hope for similar ends."
    Tonk cranes forward in concentration. Then, he smiles and shrugs.

    "Uh... I think I understand about half what you say. My Allarian not much good. But, okay!"

    He gives Mikara a hopeful thumbs up.

    Quote Originally Posted by H.M.Gimlord View Post
    "I like this tradition, and I agree. The skulls would have been a nice touch."
    "Skull is always nice touch! My mama, she decorate with them all the time. When I in crib, crib made from bone and skull. I have rattle made from skull of kobold. It full of little skull from tiny animal. Skull also taste good because brain inside. You know, if you eat much rabbit, but not eat rabbit brain, you get sick? Yes. Is good to eat brain. Also, can use brain for to tan hide. See coat?" Tonk plucks at his jacket. "Is tan with brain. Also use pee. My pee. Make it much soft, but also need to chew hide to get most soft. But hide not taste like pee, because soak hide in river first. You know, is good if you drink much so pee is clear? Drink like water and tea and juice, but not booze. If pee is much yellow, you might end up pee little rock and blood. Happen to Papa lot. He scream more from little rock in pee than when paladin cut him with holy sword."

  • #69
    OOC

    Well, enworld was down during my window when I wanted to post. Well done, enworld. May or may not have time to start this off today after all.

  • #70
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,573
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Lord Sessadore
    My communities:

    Tristan felt the extra animosity in Mikara's punch. Heh, stupid Blade. What does he know about elves? he thinks. Probably for the best, anyway.

    Tristan smiles back at Mikara after her punch, though it's just a normal smile this time with no extra connotations. "A solid blow, Punch Sister."

    Once Blade and Dextyr are done, Tristan asks, "Well, Blade, shall we as well?" And proceeds to punch him on the chin, then prepares for the deva's return punch.
    OOC
    I, too, am busy with Canada Day stuff and probably won't post again today. (By the way, Happy Canada Day, DMDan and renau!) I'll be around tomorrow, and if things get started today just bring Tristan along with Blade and Dextyr.
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 7 of 94 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)
      By Phoenix8008 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 815
      Last Post: Wednesday, 24th November, 2010, 04:17 PM
    2. Menace of the Icy Spire (Ozymandias79 judging)
      By JoeNotCharles in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 788
      Last Post: Thursday, 3rd December, 2009, 07:17 PM
    3. Proposal: Make JoeNotCharles Stop Being a Jerk
      By KenHood in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: Friday, 26th June, 2009, 12:24 AM
    4. The Kobold's Captive (ozymandias79 judging)
      By DarwinofMind in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 347
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd June, 2009, 11:01 PM
    5. Holy cow my party is all strikers!! Forked Thread: Holy cow my party has 3 strikers
      By Pickles JG in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 63
      Last Post: Thursday, 11th June, 2009, 09:58 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •