Pathfinder 1E Paizo sets price of Pathfinder RPG PDF at $9.99!!!!!

dm4hire

Explorer
Was just checking Paizo's boards when I came across this announcement from Vic Wertz the Technical Director.

Vic Wertz said:
Update:

We've made some decisions regarding shipping of the Core Rulebook (and other August subscription products) and Core Rulebook PDF distribution. Here's the lowdown:

Assuming there are no major problems getting the Core Rulebook into our warehouse, we anticipate shipping subscriber orders and preorders starting the first week of August. We'll attempt to stagger-ship them based on transit time so that as many copies as possible arrive as close to the August 13 release date as we can manage. Of course, that's all up to the postal system—some folks will get it a day or two earlier, and some later.

The PDF will become available on August 13 as the Gen Con floor opens. The PDF will be priced at $9.99. Pathfinder RPG subscribers will get it for free (but not until the release date).

When asked if that was correct his response was:

Vic Wertz said:
Sharoth said:
The PDF of the core PF RPG will be $9.99 ?!? My word! Are you sure Vic? I am just checking!

That is correct, sir! Though of course Pathfinder Adventure Path subscribers will get the Pathfinder Advantage discount, so it's $8.50 for them.

I'm totally amazed at the price. Paizo rocks!

tmatk

Explorer
credit where its due

OK, I really have no interest in Pathfinder, but I have to give them major kudos. THIS is how you fight piracy... with reasonable prices. Hopefully this will lead to fans buying the hardcover and the PDF, rather then buying the hardcover and pirating the pdf.

Treebore

First Post
Will this lead to FLGS removing all Paizo Pathfinder products from their shelves, or an outright boycott?

Personally, I don't care, my LGS is a piece of crap and doesn't stock Paizo, and has only 2 or 3 Goodman, TLG, and Green Ronin on his shelves, all of which I own.

The only thing he is good for is my picking up Level Up!

I'm actually seriously tempted to cancel my Pathfinder rules subscription and order the book from my FLGS.

The free PDF generally makes it worth my while to subscribe, but at that price I might just buy the PDF instead.

Anybody have the inside track on what the US dollar / sterling exchange rate will be in mid August? :)

Treebore

First Post
I'm actually seriously tempted to cancel my Pathfinder rules subscription and order the book from my FLGS.

The free PDF generally makes it worth my while to subscribe, but at that price I might just buy the PDF instead.

Anybody have the inside track on what the US dollar / sterling exchange rate will be in mid August? :)

With the cost of shipping over seas I would just buy the PDF too, and buy the book locally, when it gets there.

Then start up your RPG subscription for the rest of the books, since I would imagine their PDF prices will be more like we are used to seeing.

Now if they continue with this insanity...

Dark Mistress

First Post
As Tree said you might want to just buy it locally and then get the PDF. Since due to it's size the core book is going to be shipped priority which greatly increases the international postal rate, but the rest of the line will not have to be sent that way.

So it actually might be cheaper to buy locally and then buy the PDF than get a free PDF and pay shipping. Though then for the rest of the books like the monster book it might be better to subscribe unless they keep the PDF's 10 or less which I honestly doubt.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
It's a PDF so let em whine, they can sale hard copys .That is a good price.

I really cannot fathom this way of thinking. Please tell that a FLGS owner to his face.

I mean, is there at least a "cooldown" period, meaning that the .pdf is not immediately available? That would allow traditional sales to go on for a while, and then the cheap .pdf gets published.

Please note that i don´t begrudge anybody his cheap Pathfinder .pdf. But at first glance, this looks good for players and DMs and horrible for FLGSs.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases