Off to War [IC]

Theroc

First Post
Aidan followed the others inside, glad to have the 'misunderstanding' out of the way. For being soldiers, they sure were rude, and for being a noble, this man sure didn't take the time to be truly polite, in his opinion.

"Aye, Fallon said we were ta tell ya that Martomum were in trouble in tha Western Wood. If I remember right, he went off with a few new irregulars to search fer a missin' outrider... but I jes' overheard a bit o' talk as I got into tha camp..." The boy added, before looking about the tent, oblivious to any rules of etiquette that may apply in such a situation, being naught but a simple farmboy, woefully uneducated for the most part about noble life.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
A serious experssion covers the mans face, his dark eyebrows draw down as he listens to Aidan and Loreen talk. He seems to be getting angry as they speak but noticing Loreen's demenor and Aidan's peroccupation with other things than this news, his face softens the creases in his forehead fade and his thinning hair line moves back to its original postion. He sits staring at the two for a few seconds then puts his hands flat on the table and stands, and they notice he is not as tall or impossing as he was outside.

"You have done well in delivering your message, I must.. act on this. Please wait here." he says coming around the desk and slipping outside. One of the two guards automaticly slips into the tent and stands there hardly breathing.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora bowed slightly as the Lord left, and looked around the room. She was still distracted by other things however, so the interior did not receive much of the girl's attention. "A Lord that says please. That's a rare sight." Lora mumbled at Aidan while cautiously eying the guard.

The young Wizard tried to remember everything she was taught by Mirella as far as nobility were concerned, and Lord Bairan in particular. There were countless books to be read, family trees and power struggles to be memorized, land disputes and old grudges between the noble houses to be noted. But Lora was a smart girl, even if she would not brag about it. [sblock] Spot: 6-1=5 lol she is too distracted i guess.Knowledge: Nobility and Royalty: 14+8=22 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
"A rare sight, is that so..." Aidan blinked, "So... most nobles are rude? Mum always tol' me that nobles were tha most polite people in tha world..."

The boy continued looking around from his seat, though sitting idly in the tent was bothersome to him, since he still hadn't officially signed himself up for the Irregulars, and he needed the money to try and help heal his father. The faster he was in, the faster he could start getting more significant cash.

[sblock=Senses]
Spot: 14 total
Listen: 19 total
1d20+3=14, 1d20+3=19
[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora was thinking hard on a book she had read last year, but answered Aidan's question casually while rubbing her chin and focusing her eyes on a piece of furniture. "They are nobleborn, and therefore by birthright they are our betters and masters. Suffice to say that a nobleman can have you beaten or executed on a whim, and no one will question him. With that much power, history has shown that men can easily turn to darkness. It is rare for one to be so unaffected by pride and not punish us for our rudeness." Lora was answering in earnest, although she remembered they were not alone, and quickly glanced at the soldier.[sblock] Knowledge: History 8+8=16 [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The tent is quiet as Loreen sits and thinks and Aidan listens to the sound of horses riding off.

A few minutes later the tent flaps opens and their host reenters the tent. The guard leaves immediately and without a word. "I have sent men into the woods to find Martomum," he says returning to his desk and looking about for something. "So all will be well there," he continues, "I must reward the two of you for coming here with your message. And perhaps pay you to deliver one for me. Ah there it is." he says bending to pick up a bronze coffer. He carefully sits it on the desk off to the side.

Then turning to a chest behind him opening the lid and pulls out a few things. He looks to the two young people and places two small bags and two bear head brooches on the desk towards them. "These," he says "are for doing a great service to Lord Bairan," he says pointing to the silver brooches. "And these you will recieve if you deliever a message for me." he says shaking one of the bags making the metal inside clink together.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Aiden blinked at Loreen's response.

"Bein' noble is by birth? Mum never tol' me that... don't that mean if she were noble, I'd be noble too?" The boy blinked, before continuing, "Mum tol' me once she were noble afore she met Pa... "

However, before that conversation could continue any farther, Lord Bairan re-entered and Aidan turned his attention towards the noble. As he displayed the rewards, Aidan smiled. While a trinket indicating great service wasn't something one should really sell, having such a thing would, as Aidan could only surmise, a sign of prestige, meaning he'd done something of import... which could possibly get him access to things previously locked. And the money... well... the money might be enough to save his Pa. Though... getting one of the Noble Priests to go all the way to the fringes to heal a simple farmer... would likely be rather expensive.

"Thank ye, Mi'lord..." The boy managed to come up with what he believed to be the proper title. He left the remainder of the speaking to Loreen, who knew the proper protocol. Besides... Aidan was too tempted to lay his plight before the noble and ask for assistance. But given what Loreen had just said about executions on a whim... asking for charity did not seem wise...

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora was very grateful of Mirela and her vast library. She knew enough about the Lord and his past, to know that he would not appreciate the unlawfulness going around camp. "We thank you my Lord, both Aidan and myself. - the girl quickly glanced at Aidan, hoping he was not against her talking on his behalf - We are glad that we could be of assistance. To be honest I accepted the job because Fallon was probably the only civil person i talked to in this camp, but now that i have strained my memory, i did remember that Martomum was one of your advisers. Not that it mattered to some in this camp... To be honest my Lord, we have meat with some unexpected aggression in both camps."

After that, Lora was quick to convey the fight with the veteran soldier, the memory all too close to that of her rape several years ago. This made the girl shudder despite her best efforts, but she continued and told the Lord of the group of soldiers on this side of the camp as well.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Your tale is... interesting." he says after Loreen is done telling it. "I had hoped when I had the camps segregated that some order would come about but it seems I must do more."

He steps around the desk and hands the brooches and coin pouches to them both. "Fear not I will have order even if.. well I will have it."

He walks the two to the tent flap and then says to the guard "Take these two back to the irregulars camp, and make sure they reach there safely." The guard throws a fist across his chest then steps in behind the two as if to herd them.

(edit) Watching the two youngsters start off the man in the tents doorway called to them, "Make sure to tell Fallon that the old Bear is dead." he says closing the flap before the two could reply.

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora took the brooch and pinned it on her cleavage - blue went well with her eyes, so it wasn't that bad. "This well better than expected." she mumbled at Aidan.

Remove ads