Off to War [IC]

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Claude stands up and re positions his bow on his back, all the time looking straight in the eyes of this firey girl in front of him. "If you are saying that we are doing nothing then you fall into the same category, mon cher. You are right that if this man is in trouble then we must come to his aid but I do not see you leading the charge." Claude says to her as best he can to not offend .knowing through past encounters of this sort that it will.

Claude breaks his stare and walks closer to Fallon "All I remeber Fallon was that Martomum was in good health and was not alone. Now thinking back there was a wolf's corpse in the clearing we found them, most likely due to them, I hope this brings you ease. My thoughts are that we should ask the injured young man, should we not?" Claude tells Fallon in a much softer tone then when he was talking to the girl.

Myth and Legend

First Post
"I always knew young Paladin types were full of themselves, but one could have hoped that you, being a man of old age, would have become wiser with the years. Fine then, if you are comfortable with following an eighteen year old girl in battle, by all means stay behind. Your armour might get dented at the tip of the charge any way."

Lora turned to Fallon and unsuccessfully tried to remove the annoyed face she had displayed. Her arms were crossed beneath her breasts, and the girl's feet stomped on the ground as if to underline her displeasure. "Fallon how many of the irregulars can you gather so that we can set out immediately and intercept Dellex's men? Mind you we need witnesses more than fighters - Dellex's soldiers are better trained, better equipped and are on horseback. But if we go with more witnesses then they can dispatch, they will hold back from doing a treasonous deed that would break the camp's discipline if it cannot be blamed on some external source."

Theroc

First Post
Aidan listened to the talk, slightly confused at the discussion.

"Miss Lora ain't tha frontline type... an' I'da run out there meself already if Fallon didn't have me playin' nurse. Not that I don't wanna help this guy, whoever 'e is, I jus' wanna make sure nothin' bad happen's to Martomum..."

The boy responded simply, looking about nervously. He was obviously feeling edgy, wanting to do something rather than sit around and talk. He wasn't much for talking, unlike Lora and this other man, apparently. Aidan felt very out of place when debate and such go on, the events making him feel ignorant.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"I apologize most whole heartedly of my behaviour, miss Lora, I have forgotten my manners and hope we may begin again on... a better foot. I merely stated that to say we should not rush into a situation."Claude says to Lora with a quick smile and then his face becomes serious again as he contiues "Indeed if someone is in danger then we must help them, not matter the cost, I'm glad we can agree on that. Now on to tactics I believe that we need a smaller group of men.This is so we may follow ,them without being found out, and then catch them in the act. What we need first is someone who can track them down." Claude says as he goes back to stroking his goatee in thought.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"No," Fallon says softly as he looks to Shinn resting peacefully. "We will not send anyone else out, Martomum will have to get back on his own." he stands looking somber and stretches yawning. "Besides, besides it is getting late and we have a full day of marching to do in the morning."

"It would, would be best we got sleep but set up a watch for when Martomum returns." then he moves over to his bedroll and lays down. "Decide, decide amongst yourselves who should stay up for which watch I for one will take the first watch after midnight. Goodnight to you all."

[sblock=ooc] I think we can end this two and a half month night today I will be seeing about getting the guys out of the Search in the Dark possible this weekend and we can all start another chapter together. [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The three young people watch as Fallon takes all this so easily and even falls to sleep after only a few minutes. It then becomes clear that the group has had a long day by all the yawns that start up as they all sit quietly around the fire. Deciding on a watch then taking to your bedroll sleep comes fast and uneventful.

When you are awakened it is still dark and must be after midnight do to Fallon being the one to wake you. "Wake, wake see they are coming back and they seemed to have done it. They found the Outrider." he says moving to the next person then waking them.

You see three men and the dwarf coming towards you, leading a horse with a young rider atop it. They look weary and haggered, but as they see Fallon they all crack some sort of smile knowing their mission was successful.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Walking towards the campsite you notice Fallon standing there along with a few people you don't know, two men and a gir... young woman. They seem to have been keeping Fallon company while you all were in the western woods.

"Greetins' Fallon I 'ave survived them woods yets again," Martomum says wih what could be called a chuckle.

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Trudging back through the woods, Trinham reflects on his performance. Originally depressed by all the mistakes he thinks he made, he eventually recognises that they did in fact succeeded in there mission and that nobody was killed. At this point Trinham overcomes his depression and concludes that he needs to learn from both his mistakes and successes. However, at the moment he is almost to tired to think, so he goes back to concentrating on putting one foot in front of the other.

Arriving back at the camp, Trinham nods to Fallon and the three strangers before wearily dropping onto the nearest convenient seat. "Hello Fallon. Glad to see you again. Who are your friends?

Now that he has time to rest, he notices that his arm hurts. Rolling up his sleeve he revels a nasty wolf bite. "You don't happen to have a bandage do you?"

[sblock="OOC"]I have deliberately not read the Off To War (IC) thread since we started Search in the Dark. Do I need to go back and read anything?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Aidan didn't speak, as he simply clenched and unclenched his fists in frustration. He hated sitting around and doing nothing when his own ignorance might cost a man his life. He wasn't used to this sort of thing. It went against his nature and the way he was raised. However, charging alone into the forest also was against his nature, as Aidan was not stupid.

And so he watched vigilantly, pacing back and forth and flexing his muscles in agitation before he eventually fell asleep on the ground, apparently overcome by his scuffle and the subsequent excitement. He was, after all... still only a farmboy. When he awoke, Aidan leapt to his feet, agitated that he passed out on watch. Some farmboy he was... what if his flock was torn to pieces by wolves!?

He was glad, to see the group returning, and what appeared to be Martomum... from what he'd heard, anyway, returning from the woods. He remained quiet though, not precisely sure what to say.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Fallon's grin becomes one of shock at the wound Trinham displays, "Yes, yes let's take care of that and the Outrider's leg before anything else." He says going to the healer's kit.

After Trinham has his wound bandaged and the leg of the Outrider is reset and a herbal tea is givin him for the pain. Fallon passes cups of hot tea to all present and asks about what happened in the woods.

Listening to the dwarfs tale Fallon gets a serious look about his face when the men on horseback are mentioned. "Lucky, lucky you were they didn't notice that cliff edge in the dark. Could, could have been a mess if you had to kill any of them, more reasons Dellex would have to use against you." He says sipping his tea darting a look at Lora and Aidan.

"Dellex be a thorn ta be pulled from me foots another days." The dwarf grumbles passing an empty flask to Hralfgar. "Fir nows I's be need ins' sleep. So as ta keep ups on the morrow." Martomum takes his leave to his own tent.

"And what, what to do with the rest of you? Hmm?" Fallon says smiling.

Remove ads