Proposal:PH Heroes Series 1

ryryguy

First Post
So, Challenging Strike is unrelated to Divine Challenge, right? Meaning if a paladin marks someone with Challenging Strike, it's just the normal -2 to hit, and none of the paladin's other marking benefits?

That's right - at least, if the marked target attacked somebody else, it wouldn't take the Divine Challenge damage. Other effects that key off a marked target would still work. E.g., Holy Strike would still get bonus damage whether the paladin marked the target with Divine Challenge, Challenging Strike, or some other power.

Challenging Strike might be nice because it would allow the paladin to mark more than one enemy each round, something he otherwise would need an encounter or daily power to do.

Huh, just looking over the paladin's at-will powers, they're all "Something Strike". Makes them sound like Teamsters or something. :p

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Note that I don't have access to the compendium, so I only know what you guys have said in the thread.

Ethereal Stride: I'm guessing it's a move action teleport? If it is, there's quite a few of those, especially for warlocks. Seems to be one of their 'things', especially for Feylocks.

Hidden Blade: Actually, if you take the Ruthless Efficiency or Sly Dodge rogue multiclass feats, you may not be trained in Thievery. So the requirement that you're trained in Thievery to use the power isn't really redundant.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Ethereal Stride is at-will. You can combine it with items that increase teleport distance, which makes it rather awesome when you can just teleport in 6 square increments rather than walking around like some sort of peasant.

KenHood

First Post
I'm not too comfortable with the rogue power, Probing Strike. Seems like after every battle, the monsters will go to a therapist, who will produce an anatomically correct doll and ask them, "Now where did the bad rogue touch you?"

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Hidden Blade: Actually, if you take the Ruthless Efficiency or Sly Dodge rogue multiclass feats, you may not be trained in Thievery. So the requirement that you're trained in Thievery to use the power isn't really redundant.

I thought those were feats you take after you've already taken Sneak of Shadows - this is, they're feats that are only available to people who are already multiclass rogues. Did I misinterpret?

garyh

First Post
Seems clear to me that Eldritch Strike is meant to replace Eldritch Blast - the actual miniature probably has wording to that effect which didn't make it into the compendium. (Anyone have a copy?)

I agree, ES ought to be an alternative to EB. Don't have the mini myself, thoughl

Hidden Blade ... interesting that it requires you to be trained in Thievery: all rogues are. (Even if you multiclass in.)

There are some MC Rogue feats in MP that train in you something other than Thievery (Bluff or Intimidate for one of them, and Stealth for another, off the top of my head).

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
You did miss interpreted, I just checked it out in the character builder, it is possible to make a multiclass character with Sly Dodge, without Sneak of Shadows who doesn't have thievery, and is not able to take the hidden blade power.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I thought the purpose of most of those new multiclass feats in MP were to be alternates to the ones in the PHB. I could be mistaken, but that's how I've always read them.

Edit: Holy ninja'ed post, Batman!

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
I thought those were feats you take after you've already taken Sneak of Shadows - this is, they're feats that are only available to people who are already multiclass rogues. Did I misinterpret?

Since I was ninja'd by LS, I'll contribute by replying here that, no, those are alternatives to SoS, and do not require SoS.

EDIT: Gah, DOUBLE ninja'd this time! ;)

Remove ads