The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 282
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    ukingsken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Valley, NS, Canada
    Posts
    738

    Ignore ukingsken
    My communities:

    The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)

    The Long Arm of Lauto: Broken Wards

    A blasphemous underpriest of the church of Lauto has betrayed his brothers. An artifact normally used to renew the wards in Daunton’s Mausoleum is being turned to a nefarious purpose. The church, in an effort to keep this from spreading among the clergy has hired outsiders to complete the task. They will travel into the Mausoleum, find the undercroft, and retrieve the artifact. Whether or not the offending priest survives to face justice or not is inconsequential.


    Things We Probably All Know But I’ll Say Anyway


    • I’d like to see a post from each player 1 a day in an ideal world. That being said I am very conscious of real life often interfering with that, so don’t worry about it unless you’ll have a prolonged Hiatus (more then 2 days).
    • If you are going to disappear for a few days just let me know and I’ll NPC your character.
    • I am not perfect (Shocking I know!!). I often do my posting without access to my books so if I ever make a rules related slip up, smack me in the proverbial face and tell me so. Although in my own defense I am getting better and do it much less often.
    • All rolls should be done on invisible castle. If for some reason its unavailable for a short time we can just wait. In the case of a prolonged unavailability there are other options.
    • Try and stick to one color for your characters voice. This seems to have already happened without conflict so it shouldn’t be a problem.
    • Have fun! It’s a game, and I assume we all play because we love it, so lets enjoy this and hopefully you get some phat lootz and I get to smash some PC’s (not to death of course...just close ).



    Players

    Grakk Barbarian 1
    Vrrsk’t Paladin 1
    Morvannon Rinael Warlock 1
    Vixo Rogue 2
    Kamotz Cleric 1
    Magnus Madiron Wizard 1



    ooc
    Any judges? Anyone interested?
    Last edited by ukingsken; Thursday, 2nd July, 2009 at 02:36 PM.
    2+2=4 Fate is certain.
    LEB Judge Circa 2009

    My Chracters
    L4W Characters

    Vashik One Eye
    Verrigath Hazzire (Pending Approval)

    LEB Characters

    Cleaver d'Deneith

    Other Characters

    Orim Tyudik


 

  • #2
    Registered User


    Brain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,801

    Ignore Brain
    My communities:

    Vixo squints and looks around at the surroundings in the mausoleum.

    ooc
    what's the lighting situation like? Vixo can't sneak if he's holding a light source so I'd prefer someone (at least one) to carry a light if the tunnels aren't lit already


    Stat Block

    Vixo - Male Kobold Rogue 2
    Passive Perception:17, Passive Insight:12, Senses: Normal
    AC:17, Fortitude:14, Reflex:17, Will:12 -- Speed:6, Size: Small
    HP: 33/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges left 9/9
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    Current status effects: none
    Powers -
    Shifty (Minor action shift 1) [Kobold Racial]
    Deft Strike [Rogue 1]
    Riposte Strike [Rogue 1]

    Dazing Strike[Rogue 1]
    Multiclass Fighter Power [Student of the Sword Feat]

    Blinding Barrage [Rogue 1]
    Sneak in the Attack [Rogue 2]
    Proud Player in The Jester's Cydra Campaigns ____________L4W -- Vixo______________Living EN World -- Scun

  • #3
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,546
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Grakk stands at the enterance. His heart pounds like it did before fights between rival tribes. He takes a deep breath "Here we go Grakk", grips the hilt of his greatsword tightly and steps in and has a look at the surrounding area...

    ooc

    perception check: 1d20+5=24
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #4
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064

    Ignore CaBaNa
    My communities:

    *stupid, STUPID, I shouldn't have said anything before I completed the task. He won't even acknowledge me... And now he's already dismissing me. I don't want to spend the money to stay at the inn, I've yet to get a horse, I don't want to camp again, fleas... Have to pay a wizard to clean me up again... greedy lot, except for Magnus there, he's mad though. Just have to complete this task, maybe if I capture the priest and execute him in the way Vrrsk't describes, the High Priest would show some favor!*

    Head bowed, hands together, palms touching, the shifter walked in silence until Belingras was out of ear shot and eye line.

    This is a Great Honor. Take everything in. Try not to touch too much, if you defile it, bring it with you. I'll do my best to get things purified and returned to their proper places. If you aren't superstitious, do what you like. The Temple believes you will get your justice in the end. As everyone goes before Death. Slardy is our top priority, sight seeing can be done on the way back, if anyone would like. I know I'd love to explore a bit!



    Last edited by CaBaNa; Thursday, 2nd July, 2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Additions
    MAGIC!

  • #5
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    ukingsken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Valley, NS, Canada
    Posts
    738

    Ignore ukingsken
    My communities:

    As Belingras opens the door, he puts his hand on Kamotz shoulder and leans in close.

    Fret not, the church cares for its own. Perform admirably then speak with me after.

    With one final look Belingras proceeds back up the stairs. Ahead of you the Mausoleum stretches off into the distance. Every 45 or 50 feet a pale crystal is affixed to the wall, shimmering with a dim arcane radiance. Glyphs crawl up and down the walls, and the walls are regularly broken by passages or heavy doors of iron all adorned in similar fashion with large, heavy locks.

    Kamotz and Grakk both notice that the floor shows layers of dust built up over the years. The dust looks to be recently disturbed heading off in the direction indicated by Belingras.


    2+2=4 Fate is certain.
    LEB Judge Circa 2009

    My Chracters
    L4W Characters

    Vashik One Eye
    Verrigath Hazzire (Pending Approval)

    LEB Characters

    Cleaver d'Deneith

    Other Characters

    Orim Tyudik


  • #6
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    roadtoad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    421

    Ignore roadtoad
    Vrrsk't eyes the long corridor ahead. If there is no lighting, he will light and carry a sunrod (making a big deal about bringing the brilliant radiance of Apoli to this dark place). Otherwise, he will move in, trying to remember the directions: "pass ten intersections, then right, then left."

    "I suggest we let the little one scout ahead. Kamotz, this is your domain; any particular hazards we should be on the lookout for?"

    Skill checks

    History (+6): 22
    Religion (+4): 13


    To see if he knows anything himself.

    Currently running a 4e Zeitgeist campaign, "The Bosum Strand Irregulars."
    Follow the action here and/or here.

  • #7
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    579

    Ignore RedBeardJim
    Morvannon follows the others, trying to recall anything he'd heard Kamotz say about this church.

    OOC
    History and Religion checks (both at +8): History 9, Religion 15. Eurgh. Hope I don't roll like that during combat.

  • #8
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064

    Ignore CaBaNa
    My communities:

    Heads up, eyes wide. whispers Kamotz, Vixo can scout in front if he so chooses, otherwise our stealthiest members should lead.

    The shifter continued down the hall, full of purpose, eager to please the Temple, hardly noticing the way some of the dust seemed to swirl, almost spiral, around Slardy's footprints.
    MAGIC!

  • #9
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,546
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Grakk speaks in a low voice to the palidan and the warlock. "Hmmmf...Is this the right battle tactic? I'm not used to sneaking around. I prefer the brute force approach, rushing our enemies like a bull and taking no prisoners." He pauses for a second and then states: "Of course, I'm used to traveling solo. The team approach is new to me. I will observe and learn from this approach."

    Noticing that he is the only one talking at this point, Grakk stops. As the group moves forward, Grakk senses tell him that confrontation is coming soon. He smiles, ready to unleash his fury to those who stand against him and his fellow adventurers.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #10
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Oni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,778

    Ignore Oni
    My communities:

    Magnus eyed the entrance with something akin to trepidation. Carefully he stepped up to hit, reaching out his hand as though it might lash out at him. Slowly, gingerly he ran his hand along the cool, hard surface of the frame.

    The cusp, the cusp...here at this strange divide we stand...between the land of the living...and the land of the dead...

    Closing his eyes, Magnus stepped through the doorway with a grimace. On the other side he opened one eye and looked around and then the other. Having not succumb to whatever terror he had imagined he seemed remember his purpose.

    Tick tock, tick tock...must hurry lest the dead cross back across the threshold...

    As he spoke he carefully tucked the bundle he'd been carrying all this time in a corner and then followed the others down the hallway, his staff and stubby legs patting out a broken rhythm. While they moved his studied the glyphs and markings on the walls of the massive mausoleum.

    ooc


    Magnus is looking for any signs of glyphs having had the functions altered or other signs of occult tampering.

    Arcana (1d20+9=18)
    Religion (1d20+9=25)


    ministats
    Magnus Madiron- Male Dwarven Wizard 1
    Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18, Senses: Low-light
    AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:14, Will:15 -- Speed:5
    HP:25/25, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
    Action Points: 1
    Powers -
    Cloud of Daggers
    Thunderwave

    Grasping Shadows
    Staff of Defense
    Second Wind

    Flaming Sphere

    Conditions:

    Full character sheet
    Oni

    "Each man, one way.
    Each horse, one stance.
    Each church, one buddha.
    Each master to his own technique."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)
      By ukingsken in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 540
      Last Post: Wednesday, 9th June, 2010, 05:30 PM
    2. Replies: 322
      Last Post: Thursday, 6th May, 2010, 10:02 PM
    3. The Temple of Lauto
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 100
      Last Post: Thursday, 21st January, 2010, 05:03 PM
    4. The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 440
      Last Post: Saturday, 18th April, 2009, 07:44 AM
    5. Moving from Lower Wards to Middle Wards in Sharn (Eberron)
      By The_Magician in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Friday, 24th June, 2005, 04:41 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •