The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)

CaBaNa

First Post
Death is inevitable Slardy, they taught you just the same as me! Kamotz holds his Scythe out as if in example, These creatures, they are not living Slardy, they do not defy Our Master. scale tinkling under his robes, the shifter still standing at full height, bellows out, HaROOOOO, a baleful noise,

[sblock=OOC]

Kamotz delays until before Dogs.

[/sblock]

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
[sblock=OOC]
Yeah, I always get bursts and blasts confused when trying to pick out powers. I wish they could have picked two terms that are are little less identical. I always have to look at Dragon Breath to remember which is which.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk inspects the wound on his shoulder inflicted by the undead beast. "Huh...is that all you got!" In blinding speed, Grakk darts right and then left so that he's in a position to have a better opprotunity to attack the beast (new position: square NE of northern dog) and not feel so congested. In a surge of power and fury, Grakk screams as he thrusts his sword towards the midsection with the intent to impale the beast.

[sblock=ooc]
minor: none
movement: move to square northeeast of the northern dog in order to flank him
attack: Devasting Strike: to hit: 1d20+7=13 (oops...i forgot to add the +2 for flanking, which would give me a 15 if you'll still count it)

If it's a hit: Damage roll: 1d10+6+1d8=13 points

Effect: Until the start of your next turn, any attacker gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls against me

[/sblock]

Grakk is not done yet:
Inspired by his (potential hit...I hope it was a hit), Grakk now goes into a berserker rage. Nothing exists in his mind except the beast in front of him and the sword in his hand. He's thinking of one thing: kill! He lifts his greatblade high into the air and, with a bloodcurling scream that echoes throughout the tomb, brings the blade down on top of the dog's skull.

[sblock=action point]
actions: bloodhunt rage: attack 1d20+6+2(flanking) = 26 Damage: 3d10+6= 15 and now Grakk is in rage mode for the rest of the encounter.

Also: If this attack reduces the dog to zero hitpoints, I get to free action to charge another foe and add +4 temp hp due to that I'm in a state of rage. The foe grakk charges (if that is the case) is the enemy directly Grakks southeast.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc Ukingsken]: I should have had a +7 to hit on both attacks, not a +6. I don't know what I was thinking.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Grakk's Stats]
Grakk: Goliath Barbarian: Level 1
Adverse Conditions: None
Initiative: +2
Passive Insight: 10
Passive Perception: 15
Senses Normal: Vision
HP 33 [-5 = 28], Bloodied 16
Surge Value 8; Surges Per-Day 13
AC =16
Fortitude 16 Reflex 13 Will 11 Speed 6
action Points:USED
second wind: Not Used
basic attack: Greatsword: To Hit: +7: Damage 1d10+6
Powers
At will: Recuporating Strike, Devastating Strike
Encounter: Avalanche Strike, Stone's Endurance
Daily Standard: Bloodhunt Rage [USED]
[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
As Grakk moves into position to attack, the rotting dog takes a vicious bite out of his leg, leaving a jagged open wound that seems to have rotted near the edges. Rushing between the two ghouls he also suffers long gashes on each of his arms.

His initial swing barely misses the decomposing dog, but driven mad with rage by this near miss and his wounds, Grakk recovers and swings again splitting the undead canine in twain.

Incensed by the sight of his fallen foe Grakk charges the northern of the two spiritsl, swinging his massive Fullblade in an overhand chop. The blade whistles straight through the ghostly apparition, and as it begins dissolving like so much smoke it reaches out and thrusts its hand into Grakks chest sending a shudder through his body that he shakes off as the euphoria from felling another foe fills him with heady joy.

[sblock=Actions] Dog OA (1d20+4=24)
Ghoul OA's (1d20+10,1d6+3=[13, 10], [4, 3], 1d20+10,1d6+3=[8, 10], [3, 3])
Wraith N Death Strike (1d20+4=23)

Dog NW - Opportunity action to attack Grakk (hit) 5 necrotic damage
Ghoul S - Opportunity action to attack Grakk (hit) 7 damage
Ghoul N - Opportunity action to attack Grakk (hit) 6 damage

Grakk - Move Action to move SE, NE, N ending NE of Dog NW
Standard action for Devestating Strike (miss)
Standard Action (AP) for Bloodhunt Rage (hit) 15 dmg (kills dog NW)
Free Action for swift charge against Spirit N (Hit) 7 damage (kills Spirit N)

Wraith N - Immediate Interrupt Basic Melee against Grakk (hit) 4 Necrotic damage (depletes temp hp) gain 4 temp hp after it dies
[/sblock]

[sblock=initiative]
Ghoul N
Ghoul S 27 Damage (Bloodied) Divine Challenge
Spirit N
Vixo HP:33/33 Surges:9/9 (8) AP:1 Def:17/14/17/12 SW:Unused
Morvannon HP:27/27 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:1 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
Magnus HP:25/25 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:1 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
Spirit S
Slardazial
Grakk HP:12/33 (Bloodied) 4 temp HP Surges:13/13 (8) AP:0 Def:16/16/13/11 SW:Unused
Vrrsk't HP:29/29 Surges:12/12 (9) AP:1 Def:20/15/14/13 SW:Unused
Kamotz HP:17/26 Surges:9/9 (6) AP:1 Def:17/14/10/16 SW:Unused Immob. Your Turn
Dog NE
Dog S
Bloated Corpse [/sblock]
[sblock=ooc] Sorry for the short post there, I was running out the door and wanted everyone to know the dog was dead, I knew I could retcon the rest in without affecting much as long as I got it done before CaBana posted.[/sblock]

Last edited:

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
[sblock=OOC]
Looks like Grakk still has a charge to resolve, but my lunch is now and it doesn't look like his attack on the ghoul is gonna change my situation much.
[/sblock]

Vrrsk't watches Grakk channel his anger into the wretched hound next to him, and is happy to see the dog dispatched. Seeing Kamotz in danger of being bitten by a ghoul, Vrrsk't steps in between them, interceding with his shield.

"Taste my shield instead of his flesh, foul beast. Instead, the ancestors shall taste your pain and humilation! Face me and return to your grave."

His flail, an odd combination of what appear to be preserved dragonscales and teeth, whips over his head, making a slight whistling sound as the tip achieves dangerous velocity. The teeth seem to glow with a holy light as a slight change in his arm movement allows Vrrsk't to bring the weapon into violent contact with the undead thing. Or it would have, if he hadn't forgotten that his shield was still in the ghoul's face. As his flail knocks a chunk out of the top of his own shield, the big dragonborn takes it in stride: "That'll be your head next time!"

[sblock=OOC]
Move: S, SE, NE to the square east of Kamotz, south of Ghoul S
Minor: Divine Challenge on Ghoul S
Standard: Holy Strike on Ghoul S... Natural 1, woo!
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc...relating to charge]
By definition of charge, I have to move at least 2 squares to attack an enemy. I can't do that with the two closest ones, so I'm moving further east.
[/sblock]

The barbarian screams as his foe goes down. In a state of euphoria and rage mixed together, he charges east 5 squares and attacks the northern most green square...a spirit I believe. It is obvious that the raging Grakk is not thinking of the consquences of his actions, as he bloldly and somewhat blindly strides to an area with multiple foes.

[sblock=action]
free action: charge
movement: charge E-E-E-E-E and attack northern most spirit.
attack: 1d20+7 (bonus)+1(charge)=25
for 1d10+6=7
[/sblock]

[sblock=Grakk's Stats]
Conditions: Raging
HP 33 [-5 = 28] [+4 temp = 31], Bloodied 16
AC =16
Powers
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Map] New map is here. Also everyone should reexamine the last post I made as the original was just a quick one to let everyone know the dog was dead. Also owwwwww Grakk, that looked painful.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"Uggghhhh!!!!", Grakk yells, grimmacing in pain as the dog rips flesh out of his leg and takes damage from the fleshy one's claws. But he quickly dismisses it because there are more enemies to kill...

[sblock=ooc]
I'm sorry to take up a lot of time on the post, but...since I killed the spirit too, does that mean that it triggers another charge attack :lol: since the new foe is reduced down to zero hp?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Grakk's Stats]
HP 33 HP:12/33 (Bloodied) 4 temp HP
AC =16
Powers
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I thought that myself but if you look swift charge is an encounter power yes? And I don't mind taking the time to get it right :D Besides does my heart good to see my beasties layin some smackdown hahaha.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
After killing the northern most spirit, Grakk foams from the mouth and his body shakes violently from the sheer rage ravaging through him and from the obvious pain from his wounds. However, his mind blocks it all out. Instinct draws him to his next foe: the bloodied ghoul. He screams again and charges foward with his blade thrusted foward with the intent of impaling the ghoul's backside.

[sblock=actions]
free action: swift charge
movement: W-SW-SW-W
attack: basic attack: 1d20+7+1(charge)=23
damage: 1d10+6=8
[/sblock]

[sblock=Grakk's Stats]