The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon spits a curse in an ancient language as the specters appear, then takes a quick step back. Eying the ghoul that still snaps at Kamotz, he twirls his stone rod and summons a white-hot blast of flame.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Warlock's Curse on Phantom N
Move: Shift one square W (Concealment from Shadow Walk gone)
Standard: Witchfire vs. Ghoul N: 1d20+5=12 vs. Reflex. If that hits, 12 fire damage and the ghoul has a -5 to attack rolls until end of my next turn. Of course, it probably missed.[/sblock]

[sblock="Mini stat"]Morvannon Rinael - Level 1 Half-Elf Warlock
Passive Perception:11, Passive Insight:18, Initiative:+0 Senses: Low-light
AC:15, Fortitude:12, Reflex:14, Will:15 -- Speed:6, Size: Medium
HP: 27/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6, Surges left 8/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite
Warlock's Curse (minor)
Misty Step (Warlock Pact Boon)

Witchfire
Scorching Burst (Dilettante power)

Curse of the Dark Dream[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Magnus screwed up his face, scowling at the twisted tangle of combatants as though trying to unravel a complex knot. After a moment he scurried around behind one of the columns lining the immense crypt, mumbling to himself.

Witch's fire...witch's ire...

He raised his staff above his head, the air around him began to stir as keys jangled discordantly in the its currents. The incantation rang out in a hollow, broken cadence, and with a cracking shudder the grain of the staff bent and twisted. To one side of the ghoul the floor began to bleed liquid fire that burnt green, and blue, and white. It dribbled and flowed upward coalescing a few feet over the ground into a whirling, churning, chaotic mass. Fiery pseudopods reached out, groping for anything nearby, finding the only creature in reach the unstable thing tried to latch on.

[sblock=ooc]

minor: none
move: NE, NE, NE, NE, E
standard: Flaming Sphere, adjacent to ghoul SE side.
Flaming Sphere: Int vs Ref (1d20+5=10)
Miss I'm sure, but any creature that starts its turn next to the flaming sphere takes 1d4+5 fire damage.

[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Magnus Madiron- Male Dwarven Wizard 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18, Senses: Low-light
AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:14, Will:15 -- Speed:5
HP:25/25, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 0
Powers -
Cloud of Daggers
Thunderwave

Grasping Shadows
Staff of Defense
Second Wind

Flaming Sphere
Healing Word

Conditions:

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=initiative]
Ghoul N 13 Damage Warlocks Curse
Vixo HP:18/33 Surges:8/9 (8) AP:0 Def:17/14 /17/12 SW:Unused
Morvannon HP:27/27 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
Magnus HP:25/25 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
Slardazial 77 Damage Warlocks Curse
Grakk HP:14/29 (Bloodied) Surges:12/13 (8) AP:0 Def:16/16/13/11 SW:Unused Immob. (Save ends), Marked EO Phantoms NT (-2 to attacks not including phantom N) Your Turn
Vrrsk't HP:-5/29 Surges:10/12 (9) AP:1 Def:20/15/14/13 SW:Used
Kamotz HP:20/26 Surges:8/9 (6) AP:0 Def:17/14/10/16 SW:Unused Weakened (Save ends)
Bloated Corpse
Phantom N Warlocks Curse
Phantom S[/sblock]

Sputtering green runes twine themselves around the northern phantom, seeming to orbit just above it's insubstantial body. Forewarned by the burst of emerald radiance, the ghoul manages to scuttle away from the burst of white flame, saving itself from being scorched in Morvannons flames.

Not to be outpaced, the ghoul continues forward by turning it's scuttle into a roll, escaping the initial burst of flame. However even as it recovers it's feet the scorching orb begins to slowly crisp it's flesh.

Fool knight of Apoli, you wish to challenge me?! So be it!

Spinning his mace, entire form crackling with negative energy being channeled into the head of his mace, Slardazial makes a mighty overhand chop at Vrrsk't. Vrrsk't catches the blow on his shield, grunting as the concussive force drives him to his knees. Straining to regain his feet, Vrrsk't is caught unaware as Slardazial lashes out with his foot, catching him in the stomach and doubling him over. Screaming incoherently, Slardazial brings his mace down on the back of Vrrsk't's head, caving in the back of his skull with a concussive blast of negative energy. Vrrsk't drops lifeless to the floor, his scales blackened and wilted around the gaping wound.

In the bleeding he is exalted, in the rotting he is revered, in the shadows we rise to serve him! I will supplant all of them as his hand in Daunton!

Turning his gaze upon Grakk's scarred and bleeding body, Slardazial licks the blood trickling from his lips.

You're next fool!

[sblock=Actions] 1d20+16=18, 1d20+13=33, 1d8+5=10, 2d8+8=24, 1d6=5
Slardazial - Standard Action to attack Vrrsk't (Hit Fort Primary, Crit Fort Secondary, Recharge Succeeds) 34 Damage :)blush: So IC is in love with me?)
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]Map is here! Me 1 Dial-Up Internet 0![/sblock]

Last edited:

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
[sblock=ow]
Wow. If I survive, I'll have to thank that ghoul for immobilizing me. The Second Wind to go back to max hit points two rounds ago is the only reason Vrrsk't is alive(ish) right now.

Free Action: watch my life pass before my eyes
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"You don't scare me cleric!" Grakk, now bloodied, only feels a more intense rage as he attacks the cleric again. Before his attack he tenses all of his muscles in such a way to deflect damage from the multiple foes that surround him. Once satisfied he takes the risk of moving south (knowing an attack is coming from the specter) in order to get a better position to attack the cleric. Then he unleashes his fury with a overhead swing of his greatsword onto the cleric.

[sblock=actions]
movement: move south one square to gain combat adventage
minor: stone's endurance (encounter power): resist 5 to all damages until next turn USED
actions: Devastating strike: 1d20+7+2=17

hopefully that is a hit: if so: damage roll: 1d10+10 (bloodied) +1d8 = 21

[/sblock]

[sblock=DM]
I just realized that I can't move, so I don't get the combat advantage for flanking :eek:. Oh well, let me know if it's a hit. Is there anyone on the opposite side of me and the cleric?
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]

Grakk: Goliath Barbarian: Level 1
Adverse Conditions: Weakend and Immobilized
Initiative: +2
Passive Insight: 10
Passive Perception: 15
Senses Normal: Vision
HP 33 Currently: 14 (bloodied) hp
Bloodied 16
Surge Value 8; Surges Per-Day 13
AC =16
Fortitude 16 Reflex 13 Will 11 Speed 6
action Points:USED
second wind: Not Used
basic attack: Greatsword: To Hit: +7: Damage 1d10+6 (+10 when bloodhunt rage is active and bloodied): now raging
Powers
At will: Recuporating Strike, Devastating Strike
Encounter: Avalanche Strike [USED]
Encounter: Stone's Endurance
Swift Charge: USED
Daily Standard: Bloodhunt Rage [USED]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Vrrsk't lies nearly motionless on the floor. His impressive frame no longer seems nearly as large and imposing as it had just moments before. Blood trickles from his mouth, joining the pool forming at the back of his head. But still he breathes. His nostrils appear to flex slightly at his shallow inhalations.

[sblock=OOC]
Death Save: 19
[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] You also forgot the -2 for attacking someone other then the phantom dims :p Poor Grakk is not having a good go of it.[/sblock]
[sblock=initiative]
Ghoul N 13 Damage Warlocks Curse
Vixo HP:18/33 Surges:8/9 (8) AP:0 Def:17/14 /17/12 SW:Unused
Morvannon HP:27/27 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
Magnus HP:25/25 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
Slardazial 77 Damage Warlocks Curse
Grakk HP:14/29 (Bloodied) Surges:12/13 (8) AP:0 Def:16/16/13/11 SW:Unused Immob. (Save ends), Marked EO Phantoms NT (-2 to attacks not including phantom N)
Vrrsk't HP:-5/29 Surges:10/12 (9) AP:1 Def:20/15/14/13 SW:Used
Kamotz HP:20/26 Surges:8/9 (6) AP:0 Def:17/14/10/16 SW:Unused Weakened (Save ends) Your Turn
Bloated Corpse
Phantom N Warlocks Curse
Phantom S[/sblock]

Face contorted in rage Grakk repeatedly attempts to move his legs. Failing to elicit any response from the frozen limbs, he hacks haphazardly at Slardazial. As his blade descends he is gripped by a terrifying dread, and glances over his shoulder trying to locate the phantom that struck him last turn. The distraction allows Slardazial to easily bat aside the stray blow, laughing as he does so.

Coughing and sputtering Vrrsk't seems on the verge of regaining conciousness when suddenly the pulsing radiance begins to leech up from the floor to surround his body, pushing him back down into the waiting darkness.

[sblock=Actions] Saving Throw 1d20=8
Grakk - Free Action to save (fail)
[/sblock]

[sblock=map] The map was updated in my last post and should still be current. it is here.[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

If you're talking about the little red dot next to the ghoul that would be Magnus' flaming sphere.

[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Transfixed, dazed by the beautiful sight of creation. Colors, myriad of colors! *CRACK* Spinning in time to see Slardazial end Vrrsk't, Kamotz no longer noticed the ball of liquid death coalescing in his peripheral vision.

Dropping the flask at Slardazial's feet, pads shifted upon the ground, bring the anthropomorphic creature outside of Slardazials range with the deadly mace. Robes now a dusty grey, scale armor bent, Kamotz made a decision.

It is not the Son of Apoli's time Slardy, Vrrsk't, HEAR MY GOD REJECT YOU! Barks the excited shifter, as a bolt of purple radiance, changes Kamtoz' robes to a brilliant reflection, and any other semi-white object in the room similarly glows, as Vrrsk't's head fills in, and connective tissue mends to it's original state. We are even Vrrsk't, We however, Kamotz points to the Bloated Corpse with a chunk still missing out of him, and barks ARE NOT! Raising his furry hand a purple/white flame engulfed from a foot above his claw, to just below his wrist, and Kamotz reached back slinging simultaneously the Purple toward Grakk, and the white hot radiance at the pustulant zed. If one hit, he new they both would.

The white radiance was engulfed in the Half-Orcs tainted relic, reducing it's size considerably. The zed's wound was still cauterized by the holy energy.

This ends here, with his failure, the purple and white flames cover the entirety of Kamotz frame, burning away the necrotic filth left by the over-watered Zed's projectile. He has NO POWER HERE!

[sblock=OOC]

Thanks Oni, I knew that, my brain just didn't put 2 and 2 together. Which is typical...

move Shift NW

standard Sacred Flame on bloated corpse 21 to hit reflex, for 5 radiant damage (includes weakened condition) if this hits ;) Grakk may roll a saving throw.

minor Last use of Healing Word on Vrrsk't, Vrrsk't can spend a healing surge and regain an extra, 1d6+5+4=15 HP. :lol:

Save vs Weakened 18

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases