The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)

Oni

First Post
Magnus doubled over into a fit of wheezing coughs as the plume of ghoul dust washed over him, still he managed to maintain enough concentration to hold grasping, hungry fire in the world a little while longer. As he recovered he looked up at the columns, his cough turned to a dry, cracked chuckle then. Once more the, now twisted, staff slammed down on the stone floor of the mausoleum, the jarring, discordant sound echoed through the chamber as it slammed into the one of the columns with a palpable force.

As the dust settled around the area, Magnus voice drifted above the din of combat.

Move...yes, the big one...Grakk...move...

[sblock=ooc]

minor: sustain Flaming Sphere
standard: Thunderwave second northern column ideally in the direction of the bloated corpse.
Thunderwave: Int vs Fort (1d20+5=23)
Thunder Damage (1d6+5=9)
move: If the bloated corpse is out of the fight, Second Wind. If the bloated corpse is still able to fight then move the Flaming Sphere NE.

Saving Throw vs Immobilization (1d20=10)

I totally didn't get the columns thing, the just look like they're supposed to be stone textured like the wall.

dimsdale, if you would be so kind to shift NW I won't have to set you on fire next turn. :)

[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Well I mentioned they were webbed with cracks, but I should have made a bigger deal out of it. It's one of those things in RL that I'd have been sitting there and went "Ohhh yeah!!" As I kept looking at my notes etc. But anyway it worked out in the long run!

Also I assume based on these developments you do not want to use your second wind yet? Just retcon where you wanna move the sphere.[/sblock]

[sblock=initiative]
Vixo HP:12/33 (Bloodied) Surges:8/9 (8) AP:0 Def:17/14 /17/12 SW:Unused
Morvannon HP:27/27 (6 Temp HP) Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
Magnus HP:24/25 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused Immob. (Save ends)
Slardazial 87 Damage (Bloodied) Warlocks Curse Marked (EO Vixo NT)
Grakk HP:22/29 Surges:12/13 (8) AP:0 Def:16/16/13/11 SW:Unused Marked EO N Phantom NT Your Turn
Vrrsk't HP:25/29 Surges:9/12 (9) AP:0 Def:20/15/14/13 SW:Used Marked EO S Phantom NT
Kamotz HP:15/26 Surges:8/9 (6) AP:0 Def:17/14/10/16 SW:Unused
Phantom N 10 Damage Warlocks Curse
Phantom S 10 Damage[/sblock]

The sonic vibrations of Magnus strike hum through the stone column, striking a resonance deep inside of it. With an aching pop and crackle the column tumbles forward, crashing down atop the rune circle and the bloated corpse. As it's flesh is pulped underneath the column, the bloated corpse bursts like an infected pustule, and you count yourselves lucky you were not standing closer.

As the rubble settles, the runic circle flickers and fades to darkness. Suddenly Slardazial staggers, as if struck by some unseen force. Those of you facing the altar see a golden radiance blossom at the base of the staff and explode outward, purging some of the negative energy and washing over all of you in a calming torrent.

As the undead screech in pain, you all feel refreshed. Kamotz feels a brush against his mind, the touch of a divine will, and knows that this energy is not mere happenstance, but the provenance of Lauto.

After the explosion of light, the negative energy begins to creep back up the scepter, much faster now, and you realize that any part of it that was uncorrupted is now gone forever.

Cursing and swearing in pain, Slardazial grits his teeth and swings his mace at Vixo. The negative energy seems too feeble to lend it strength, but he still strikes a mighty blow to the diminutive kobolds arm, numbing his grip and sending pain shooting the length of his arm.

Even.. Your.. Filthy Gods... Meddling.. Will.. Not.. Stop me!! Zal'Ek Gresh Kal Thalesk!!!!

Slardazial is now completely beyond reason, and a look of pure madness has decended over his features. One tusk has pushed itself through his lip and begun to saw a jagged path upward. It is apparent that Slardazial is beyond reason as he steps away from Vixo.

[sblock=Actions]
Scepter - Everyone regains hit points as if they'd spent a healing surge and all undead take 5 Radiant damage

Slardazial 1d20+11=31, 1d6+8=14 damage
Slardazial - Standard action to attack Vixo (Crit hit AC) 14 damage
Move action to shift SE
Recharge 1d6=1
Free Action to recharge infuse with shadows (fail)[/sblock]

[sblock=map] The brown squares now showing designate difficult terrain resulting from the collapsed pillar. New map can be found here.[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Yeah, no second wind, it would be silly to spend it at this point.

No move for the sphere either, since I wouldn't have known where Slardy was going at the end my turn anyway.

[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I suffered from widthdraw all weekend.

Ukingsken, I was right in the midde of my post when enworld went down. I was able to make a post on the other adventure I was in. Then I started this one. When I went to post it, it was down. I'm asking permission to keep the two rolls I made on IC during that post. Here the are:

to hit: 21
damage: 23

If I can, here is my post. If you rule against it, I'll make a new post with new rolls.
[/sblock]

Grakk hears the words of Magnus, but doesn't follow them completely "Thanks for the warning Magnus, but the cleric must feel my blade one more time before he goes." Instead of moving NW, he moves W. Ignoring the pesky summond undead that continues to force Grakk to draw his attention away from the cleric, he shouts back to the cleric "You are running away you coward!. For that you will pay!" Grakk swings his blade one more time in the direction of the cleric.

[sblock=actions]
minor: none
movement: one square West
attack: Devastating attack: 1d20+7 = 21 (see IC reference above)
damage: 1d10+10+1d8 = 23 (see IC reference).

(Subtract 4 from the damage because i don't think I was bloodied anymore when I made the attack....Wait....I was just told by ozy that since the cleric I was attacking was bloodied at the time of the attack that the I do get the additional 4 points of damage....Sweet!. I should have known that from the beginning)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Vrrsk't mumbles at the silent phantom which has drawn his attention. "Return to your grave, abomination. Your master's power is waning."

His flail begins to glow anew as he expertly swings it into the floor. Clearly the head wound has not fully healed.

[sblock=ooc]
minor: Divine Challenge the Phantom that marked me
standard: Holy Strike with another natural 1
move: jump up and down in an insane dice-hating rage
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
His flail begins to glow anew as he expertly swings it into the floor. Clearly the head wound has not fully healed.

[sblock=ooc]
minor: Divine Challenge the Phantom that marked me
standard: Holy Strike with another natural 1
move: jump up and down in an insane dice-hating rage
[/sblock]

[sblock=Vrrsk't's IC rolls]
LOL

I'm glad to see that you are using your sense of humor to deflect some of the angish and pain of the butal attack rolls. I love it. I predict a multiple string of crits in your near future. :)

[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Magnus, if I step forward and reengage Slardy, can you maneuver that beautiful creation so as not to hurt me, but to crush Slardy in brilliance? Kamotz asks of the dwarf, eyeing the other cleric with contempt.

[sblock=OOC]

Oni, mind if Kamotz steps south and the FS moves SW? I think that positioning would still trigger the hurt on Slardazial?

EDIT:
I don't believe Magnus is Immobilized any longer, but could be incorrect... It will change my turn if he is
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases