The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Did you not catch that last post I made dims? Compendium shows swift charge as being an encounter power, so if thats the case you cant rock it out twice in one encounter. Covaithe confirm/deny?[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc: encounter power]
Ahhh...I see. I was too busy raging to read exactly what you wrote. :lol: It would be funny if I was allowed to continue. I have a feeling that the ghoul would have died, giving me another charge attack, and so on....and so on...lol.
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Reverberating echoes bouncing from the howl, a billowing breath sucks in, HaRRRROOOOOOOOOOOO!!! the second sound was more potent, feral, a prayer unto the Queen in an instinctual tongue. A prayer of rage at heresy, a prayer to smite the perpetrator.

Black beams of light burst from the shifters mouth, eyes, and fingertips, motes of solid radiant purity springing forth.

The blinding light rapidly decays the undead within it's brilliance. Pouring forth like a dark fountain from the howling cleric.

Kamotz' tone winds down, and the light fades, he shakes his mane out. Looking confused, *what was that?*

Legs still paralyzed Kamotz dips his shoulder, causing the sling bag on his back to spin forward, coming to rest on the shifters breast. Scale clinks and his robe shuffles, tinkling bottles chime, paper ruffles. The shifter finally takes in enough of the scene to see the giant barbarian has run headlong into the room.

You weren't kidding! Charging in and swinging, what a style, the fallen! Reaping mortal coils, falsely inserted, with such ECSTASY! Come hither so that I may heal you, and then yonder to murder in glorious passion! HaROOO!

As the shifter howls out again, his hand dips within the slingback pack and takes out an empty flask. Your blood will be mine heretic! The king of the damned is inferior to her Majesty, and to imply otherwise has sealed your doom.

a quick throw of the shoulder and the slingback swings back, resting just above the base of Kamotz' spine, once again sealed.

[sblock=OOC]

standard Channel Divinity Turn Undead 9 vs will on both ghouls for 8 damage 4 damage on a miss. (I don't think this will hit, if it does push them northwest as 4 squares and they are immobilized TE of my NT.

Minor Perception check 8

Minor pull out flask

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
Did you not catch that last post I made dims? Compendium shows swift charge as being an encounter power, so if thats the case you cant rock it out twice in one encounter. Covaithe confirm/deny?
I agree, swift charge is only 1/encounter. However, you'll want to remember that you used Bloodhunt Rage this encounter, so you get +Con to damage when you or your target is bloodied. Which you are, so I think those last few 1d10+6 rolls should be 1d10+10. Not that it matters when the +6 killed it, but it may matter in the future.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I agree, swift charge is only 1/encounter. However, you'll want to remember that you used Bloodhunt Rage this encounter, so you get +Con to damage when you or your target is bloodied. Which you are, so I think those last few 1d10+6 rolls should be 1d10+10. Not that it matters when the +6 killed it, but it may matter in the future.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Ah yes...I forgot about the +4 con when bloodied. Thanks.

So, my attack ends with the kill of the spirit. Strike that last attack against the ghoul and we move on. :)
[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Initiative]
Ghoul N 4 Damage
Ghoul S 31 Damage (Bloodied) Divine Challenge
Spirit N
Vixo HP:33/33 Surges:9/9 (8) AP:1 Def:17/14/17/12 SW:Unused Your Turn
Morvannon HP:27/27 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:1 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
Magnus HP:25/25 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:1 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
Spirit S
Slardazial
Grakk HP:6/33 (Bloodied) Surges:13/13 (8) AP:0 Def:16/16/13/11 SW:Unused
Vrrsk't HP:29/29 Surges:12/12 (9) AP:1 Def:20/15/14/13 SW:Unused
Kamotz HP:-4/26 (Dying) Surges:9/9 (6) AP:1 Def:17/14/10/16 SW:Unused Immob.
Dog NE
Dog S
Bloated Corpse [/sblock]

Howling in anguish the Ghouls shield their eyes as the radiance springs forth from Kamotz. The crackling energy of the scepter seems to leech up from the floor, bolstering the Ghouls and allowing them to shrug off much of it's effects, although they still smoke where several of the motes contacted them directly.

Looking around Kamotz does not see anything worth mentioning other then the ongoing maelstrom of combat.

The two remaining hounds, snarling with rage move in to attack. The northern of two remaining dogs runs around the far side of the pillar, coming at Grakk from the north side. In his rage induced haze Grakk doesn't see the undead hound until it bites down on his shoulder. Roaring in rage, Grakk shakes the beast off before it manages to cause more then a flesh wound, the attack however has shaken the confidence he felt from dispatching the spirit.

Seeing an opportunity the second hound flanks Grakk nipping at his heel and inflicting a painful wound in his calf. Grakk is losing blood quickly, his energy waning.

The large bloated corpse that has hung back thus far stirs, shuffling forward to stand back and behind Slardazial. It rips a chunk of festering flesh from it's body and throws it towards you but it falls harmlessly short, 15 feet from Vrrsk't.

Round 2

The Ghoul unmarked by Vrrsk't lopes out behind it's companion and charges at Kamotz, Jaws hanging open and tongue thrashing wildly. Leaping at Kamotz it grapples his body ripping a terrible bleeding wound in the side of his throat. Kamotz collapses to the ground and the ghoul howls, licking blood from it's lips.

Still bearing Vrrsk't mark, the other ghoul flails wildly at the Dragonborn Paladin, its wild blows glancing harmlessly off his shield. Seeing his distraction the remaining spirit positions itself to the east of Vrrsk't, reaching out a sepulcheral hand. Vrrsk't sees the spirit coming however and sidesteps, driving it back with several coordinated attacks.

[sblock=Actions] Dog NE (1d20+4=16) Dog S ( 1d20+4=22)
Dog NE - Move Action to circle the pillar ending directly north of Grakk
Standard Action to attack Grakk (hit) 5 Damage

Dog S - Move Action to flank Grakk from the south
Standard Action to attack Grakk (hit) 5 Damage

Bloated Corpse - Move Action to move ending 2 squares NE of Slardazial

Ghoul N (1d20+8=28, 21 Damage) Ghoul S (1d20+10=17,1d6+3=6)
Ghoul N - Move Action to move North of Kamotz
Standard action to bite Kamotz (hit-Crit) 21 Damage (Kamotz is dying)

Ghoul S - Standard action to attack Vrrsk't (miss)

Spirit N (1d20+4=12)
Spirit N - Move action to move directly east of Vrrsk't
Standard Action to attack Vrrsk't (miss)[/sblock]

[sblock=Kamotz] I just noticed you forgot to save vs Immob last turn. Make a save for that along with your death saving throw this turn since I may have to do some retcon if you'd succeeded.[/sblock]

[sblock=map]The Map is here.[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

I wasn't aware it was a save ends effect, Kamotz saved vs. immobilized.

NICE CRIT!!

I'll wait to make Kamotz death save, it'll be rolled on his initiative. Leaving open the possibility somebody will stand him back up before then.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc]unfortunately for my awesome crit if you weren't immobilized I think I have to retcon the damage down. I'll check once I'm home but I think the 3d6+3 bite is only available against immobalized opponents. If that's the case you'll take 9 damage and have 8 remaining.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases