The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Ukingsken]
thanks for rolling my save vs Immobilization...I forgot about that
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]

Thanks Oni, I knew that, my brain just didn't put 2 and 2 together. Which is typical...

move Shift NW

standard Sacred Flame on bloated corpse 21 to hit reflex, for 5 radiant damage (includes weakened condition) if this hits ;) Grakk may roll a saving throw.

minor Last use of Healing Word on Vrrsk't, Vrrsk't can spend a healing surge and regain an extra, 1d6+5+4=15 HP. :lol:

Save vs Weakened 18

[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
I'm going to assume that it was a hit:
Saving throw vs Immobilization: 19

Thanks CaBaNa :)
[/sblock]

Grakk feels movement in his legs again. He looks down at the cleric, ignoring the undead fiend behind him. "I can move again cleric. Bring your worst. You better pray to your forsaken lord that you hit. (an intense enraged grin appears on Grakk's face) Because if you don't, YOU WILL FEEL THE WRATH OF MY BLADE!!"

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Red Dot] That is correct. The small red dot is the flaming sphere.[/sblock]
[sblock=Initiative]
Ghoul N 28 Damage (Bloodied) Warlocks Curse
Vixo HP:18/33 Surges:8/9 (8) AP:0 Def:17/14 /17/12 SW:Unused Your Turn
Morvannon HP:27/27 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
Magnus HP:22/25 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused Immob. (Save ends)
Slardazial 77 Damage Warlocks Curse
Grakk HP:14/29 (Bloodied) Surges:12/13 (8) AP:0 Def:16/16/13/11 SW:Unused Marked EO N Phantom NT
Vrrsk't HP:16/29 Surges:9/12 (9) AP:0 Def:20/15/14/13 SW:Used Marked EO S Phantom NT
Kamotz HP:9/26 (Bloodied) Surges:8/9 (6) AP:0 Def:17/14/10/16 SW:Unused
Bloated Corpse 10 Damage
Phantom N Warlocks Curse
Phantom S[/sblock]

The sizzling ball of holy energy, dimmed as it was by the scepters influence, strikes true. The bloated corpse screeches as the radiance attacks the unholy energy animating it's limbs. Just as the burst of holy energy washes over the bloated corpse, so too does holy energy flush the taint from Grakk's wound.

Ripping another chunk of flesh from it's body, the bloated corpse seems staggered to find that the wound does not immediately seal itself. The putrid flesh sails through the air, splattering the ground right under Kamotz's feet and drenching his legs in more of the life sapping filth.

The two phantoms work in concert again, the southern one launching a flurry of strikes at Grakk to keep him off balance. Rushing in from the opposite side, the northern phantom strikes a blow, once more drawing Grakk's attention inexorably to it. The northern phantom then quickly sidesteps as it's counterpart thrusts it's blade through the prone Vrrsk't, drawing his gaze upward from the floor top it's eyes as the chill, insubstantial blade pierces his back.

ROUND 5

Shrieking in rage as it's flesh crisps in proximity to the flaming sphere, the remaining ghoul rushes straight at Magnus, heedless of exposing his back to Kamotz and Grakk. Grakk whirls first, cleaving a large chunk of flesh of the back of the Ghoul's leg. Kamotz claps his hand down on his scythe, whirling to catch the beast in the back, his scythe falling just after the Ghoul flashes by.

Barreling full tilt at Magnus, the ghoul throws itself claws first at the diminuitive mage. The ghoul lands claws first, it's weight almost bowling Magnus over while it rakes it's claws down the sides of his face. Shuddering as the taint of undeath leeches into his veins, Magnus finds himself rooted to the spot.

[sblock=Actions] Bloated Corpse 1d20+7=18, 2d8+2=11
Bloated Corpse - Standard action to attack Kamotz (Hit Ref) 11 Damage

Phantom Warrior N (1d20+10=17, 1d8+1=3), Phantom Warrior S (1d20+10=21, 1d8+1=8)
Phantom Warrior N - Standard action to attack Grakk (Hit AC) 3 damage (Marked)
Move Action to shift SE
Phantom Warrior S - Standard Action to attack Vrrsk't (Hit AC) 8 Damage (Marked)

Flaming Sphere Damage 1d4+5=9
Flaming Sphere - Free Action to damage Ghoul for starting adjacent to it

Grakk 1d20+7=25, 1d10+10=15
Grakk - Opportunity Action to attack Ghoul (Hit AC) 15 damage

Kamotz 1d20+6=15, 2d4+6=8
Kamotz - Opportunity Action to attack Ghoul (Miss AC)

Ghoul 1d20+12=24, 1d6+3=6
Ghoul - Standard Action to charge Magnus (Hit AC) 6 Damage (Immob. Save Ends)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map] Map will be uploaded later tonight[/sblock]

Last edited:

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
[sblock=ooc]
Okay, did anybody else notice that he rolled a 2 to hit me last turn? And took me from full hit points to dying... We may need to start thinking outside the box here...
[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] A lot of that came from the bonus he got when he was bloodied. Let him regain some hp (thus unbloodying him) and get a boost to his attack for 1 turn. That wont happen again I should hope. Besides there is still hope, it's all part of the master plan ;)[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm going to be offline until Sunday evening, so I'll post my turn now.[/sblock]

*move, fool*
*You're enjoying this, aren't you?*
*yesss. i flow into the world, and the world flows back to me*

Morvannon shudders as wild laughter echoes in his brain, then circles around the chamber. As the shadows of illusory trees envelop him once again, another bolt of force streaks towards the ghoul attacking Kamotz.

[sblock=Actions]Move: N, NE, E, E, E -- gain concealment from Shadow Walk until EONT
Standard: Eldritch Blast against Ghoul N: hits Reflex 19 for 16 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock="Mini stat"]Morvannon Rinael - Level 1 Half-Elf Warlock
Passive Perception:11, Passive Insight:18, Initiative:+0 Senses: Low-light
AC:15, Fortitude:12, Reflex:14, Will:15 -- Speed:6, Size: Medium
HP: 27/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6, Surges left 8/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite
Warlock's Curse (minor)
Misty Step (Warlock Pact Boon)

Witchfire
Scorching Burst (Dilettante power)

Curse of the Dark Dream[/sblock]

Brain

First Post
Vixo finds it neccessary to get back into it with the powerful evil cleric, and he does so.

[sblock=actions]
just going to let you figure out the map part on this one
Move: get into flanking with someone
Standard: Riposte strike to hit with combat advantage and student of the sword (1d20+13=17, 1d4+5+2d8+3=26)
whether it hits or misses, Slardi is marked by vixo. if slardi attacks vixo, riposte as an interrupt

ooc: did nobody hit slardi with combat advantage since last turn? had "sneak in the attack" going
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Vixo - Male Kobold Rogue 2
Passive Perception:17, Passive Insight:12, Senses: Normal
AC:17, Fortitude:14, Reflex:17, Will:12 -- Speed:6, Size: Small
HP: 18/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges left 8/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Current status effects: none
Powers -
Shifty (Minor action shift 1) [Kobold Racial]
Deft Strike [Rogue 1]
Riposte Strike [Rogue 1]

Dazing Strike[Rogue 1]
Multiclass Fighter Power [Student of the Sword Feat]

Blinding Barrage [Rogue 1]
Sneak in the Attack [Rogue 2]
[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Waiting on the map to figure out my turn, since moving things around is probably going to be involved.

[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Nobody hit Slardazial after you did last turn Brain. Also does riposte allow you the additional strike even when you miss the attack?[/sblock]

[sblock=initiative]
Vixo HP:18/33 Surges:8/9 (8) AP:0 Def:17/14 /17/12 SW:Unused
Morvannon HP:27/27 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
Magnus HP:18/25 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused Immob. (Save ends) Your Turn
Slardazial 77 Damage Warlocks Curse
Grakk HP:14/29 (Bloodied) Surges:12/13 (8) AP:0 Def:16/16/13/11 SW:Unused Marked EO N Phantom NT
Vrrsk't HP:16/29 Surges:9/12 (9) AP:0 Def:20/15/14/13 SW:Used Marked EO S Phantom NT
Kamotz HP:9/26 (Bloodied) Surges:8/9 (6) AP:0 Def:17/14/10/16 SW:Unused
Bloated Corpse 10 Damage
Phantom N Warlocks Curse
Phantom S[/sblock]

Menaced by the northern phantom, Vixo is only able to shift to the northeast, trying to close off Slardazial's escape routes. Lunging forward, his blade misses the mark, but manages to draw Slardazial's attention. Vixo hangs back, weaving his sword defensively in anticipation of the clerics strike.

Striding boldly forward, and once again cloaking himself in shadows, Morvannon sends a blast of eldritch energy crashing into the Ghouls back. The energy washes over it's dessicated form, throwing it forward onto magnus. Digging a shallow wound in Magnus arm, the ghoul dissolves into so much dust as the eldritch energy consumes it.

Rooted to the spot, eyes darting around, Magnus notices a detail that until now had escaped him. All of the pillars are webworked with cracks, and particularly the two that are north of the rune circle have a large crevass running nearly half way around the back side. Perhaps with the right application of force they could be toppled onto the bloated corpse.

[sblock=Actions] Ghoul 1d20+10=17, 1d6+3=4
Ghoul - Free action to death strike Magnus (Hit AC) 4 damage[/sblock]

[sblock=map] Sorry for missing the upload last night. My son was sick and I ended falling asleep while putting him to bed. Map is here[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] I was shocked when nobody asked about the cracked pillars, although rereading the post it's my bad for not highlighting their cracked nature a bit more. But with Magnus rooted to the spot and being right next to them I figured I'd give that one to you ;)[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases