The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)

dimsdale

First Post
Being weakend and immobilized doesn't interfere with the 'still raging' Grakk's concentration as he is focused on one thing only: killing the fallen cleric. With combat advantage, he makes an uppercut swing with his sword, mustering as much power as he can, towards the back side of the cleric...

[sblock=actions]
movement: none
minor: none
attack: Devastating strike: 1d20+7+2 (flanking) - (penalty for weekend: I'm on vacation and I don't have books with me: just subtract penalty from my score...thank :)) = 25 minus weekness penalty against foe due west of grakk

damage: 1d10+6+1d8 = 16

also, no +2 attack bonus for enemies while using this attack due to raging :)

save vs immobilization =

save vs weakness = 11

[/sblock]

Grakk screams a battle cry as his blade strikes flesh.

[sblock=stat block]

Grakk: Goliath Barbarian: Level 1
Adverse Conditions: Weakend and Immobilized
Initiative: +2
Passive Insight: 10
Passive Perception: 15
Senses Normal: Vision
HP 33 Currently: 25 hp
Bloodied 16
Surge Value 8; Surges Per-Day 13
AC =16
Fortitude 16 Reflex 13 Will 11 Speed 6
action Points:USED
second wind: Not Used
basic attack: Greatsword: To Hit: +7: Damage 1d10+6 (+10 when bloodhunt rage is active and bloodied): now raging
Powers
At will: Recuporating Strike, Devastating Strike
Encounter: Avalanche Strike [USED]
Encounter: Stone's Endurance
Swift Charge: USED
Daily Standard: Bloodhunt Rage [USED]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Actually weakened just cuts your damage in half, so no worries it's taken care of :D[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]
Ghoul N 13 Damage Warlocks Curse
Vixo HP:10/33 (Bloodied) Surges:9/9 (8) AP:1 Def:17/14 /17/12 SW:Unused -2 AC (EO Slardazials NT)
Morvannon HP:27/27 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused Invisible to Ghoul (SONT), Concealment (EONT)
Magnus HP:25/25 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
Slardazial 68 Damage Dazed (EO Vixo's NT), Blinded (EO Vixo's NT) Warlocks Curse
Grakk HP:23/29 Surges:12/13 (8) AP:0 Def:16/16/13/11 SW:Unused Immob. (Save ends)
Vrrsk't HP:29/29 Surges:10/12 (9) AP:1 Def:20/15/14/13 SW:Used +2 All Defenses (EONT) Your Turn
Kamotz HP:25/26 Surges:8/9 (6) AP:0 Def:17/14/10/16 SW:Unused
Bloated Corpse[/sblock]

Grakk's upswinging sword catches Slardazial on the wrist, but the weakness gripping his limbs prevents it from being truly devastating. Nonetheless it still leaves a ragged cut on his forearm that begins to sluggishly seep blood onto his hand.

[sblock=Actions]Save VS Dark Dream (1d20 2=11)
Slardazial saves against effects of Dark Dream

Sorry I meant to include a roll for that last night but it was 2am so I blame that.[/sblock]

[sblock=map]This map should still be valid as no one moved yet.[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

What are the locations of the summoned specters, are they adjacent to him or farther away?

[/sblock]

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Vrrsk't feels the sensation return to his legs, accompanied by thousands of tiny pins and needles. He's in pain, and a little clumsy, but he can move his feet again! He begins whirling his ancient flail of hide and teeth as he strides confidently toward the rogue death priest (itself a sort of joke which Vrrsk't will have more time to appreciate later) and informs the deranged half-orc of certain facts:

"Slardazial! Enough of this foolishness; your time has come. I judge you to be incapable of rehabilitation. The temple of Lauto judges you unworthy of its teachings. Most importantly, Apoli and the ancestors judge you unworthy of continued existence. Taste their punishment!"

With that, he whirls the flail threateningly in Slardazial's direction, but doesn't seem able to connect with any of the blows. The flail seems to glow with radiant energy as it whips through the dank air. The glow of the teeth grows in intensity until it finally is released in a bolt of glowing energy toward Vixo. Caught off-guard, the kobold gets struck by this radiance and feels a warm sensation as if he were sunning himself by the beach. Some of his wounds close as the radiant energy works its way around his body.

[sblock=OOC]
Move: SE, SE, E, E, E to the square just SW of Slardy

Minor: Divine Challenge on Slardazial

Standard: Paladin's Judgment with combat advantage 1d20+6+2=14 vs AC for 21 damage if that somehow hits. On either a hit or Miss, Vixo can spend a healing surge.

Action Point: Radiant Smite with combat advantage 1d20+6+2=13 vs AC for 18 radiant damage if that somehow hits.

Free Action: Mope about my rolls
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] The spirits are locted in the squares directly north and south of Slardazial. See how I forgot to put them on the map? Hahaha.[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz circles coming in close to Slardazial, dropping the flask on his foot, the shifter placed two hands on his reapers weapon. Swinging just as Slardazial's summoned filth could deflect the blow.

kicking his foot up again, Kamotz spun the scythe in a butterfly defense, catching hold of his flask. I'll have some piece of you Slardy, I'll come for you even in the afterlife. You won't be able to hide in your masters arms from me, I'll hunt you past the ends of the earth.

[sblock=OOC]

Don't sweat the small stuff ukingsken, your doing a great job.

Kamotz

Move E, E, E, SE, SW, ending in the square NW and adjacent to Slardazial

Free drop flask to open up hand

Free place both hands on Scythe

Standard Healing Strike on Slardazial 11 to hit AC for 17 radiant damage :.-(, IF that somehow manages to hit, Slardazial is marked TE of Kamotz NT and vixo can spend a healing surge and regains an additional 9 HP (5 power, 4 HL)

Minor pick flask back up.

[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Initiative]
Vixo HP:18/33 Surges:8/9 (8) AP:0 Def:17/14 /17/12 SW:Unused Your Turn
Morvannon HP:27/27 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused Invisible to Ghoul (SONT), Concealment (EONT)
Slardazial 68 Damage Dazed (EO Vixo's NT), Blinded (EO Vixo's NT) Warlocks Curse Divine Challenge
Grakk HP:14/29 (Bloodied) Surges:12/13 (8) AP:0 Def:16/16/13/11 SW:Unused Immob. (Save ends), Marked EO Phantoms NT (-2 to attacks not including phantom N)
Vrrsk't HP:29/29 Surges:10/12 (9) AP:1 Def:20/15/14/13 SW:Used
Kamotz HP:20/26 Surges:8/9 (6) AP:0 Def:17/14/10/16 SW:Unused Weakened (Save ends)
Bloated Corpse
Phantom N
Phantom S[/sblock]

After calling down the wrath of Apoli on Slardazial Vrrsk't lays into him with abandon. Despite a valiant effort, and the divine fire of Apoli burning on the head of his mace, Slardazial manages to deflect one after another blow.

Moving within striking range of Slardazial, Kamotz lets the flask drop to the floor, swinging his scythe towards Slardazial. Unfortunately slardazial ducks beneath the blade, batting it aside and knocking the ray of holy energy intended for Vixo aside.

Even when you petulant fools drop your noble pretenses and stoop to my level, blinding and maiming me, you are still incapable of matching the might of Zal Ekthees!!! HAHAHAHAHA!! Slardazials morale seems to be improving greatly as he defeats strike after strike.

Now standing knee deep in writhing tendrils of negative energy the Bloated Corpse rips yet another piece of flesh from its body, even as the gaping hole fills itself in. His rage focused solely on Slardazial, Kamotz is taken by surprise when the ball of necrotic flesh explodes on the back of his skull, drenching him in strength sapping filth and burning his very essence.

Stretching it's limbs as if awoken from a great slumber the two phantoms turn towards Grakk as if of one mind. The spirit to the north, wearing the ornate plate strikes out first with it's ephemeral blade. The blade slices through Grakk's hand, numbing his fingers and nearly costing him his grip. As he recovers from the blow Grakk's limbs set to shivering every time he looks away from the phantom.

Thinking it could capitalize on Grakk's moment of weakness the southern phantom mirrors the attack. Having seen the maneuver once already, Grakk deftly sidesteps the blow, responding with several sweeps of his Fullblade to keep the phantom at a distance.

Round 4

Head still craning side to side the Ghoul howls in anger when it is unable to find Morvannon. Twisting around madly it sees an opportunity and shuffles north putting Grakk directly between it and Slardazial. However due to the blood clouding his vision Slardazial offers the ghoul little in the way of help, other then keeping Grakk in place. The ghoul lunges forward, attempting to tear out the frozen Grakks throat, but a well timed punch sends it scuttling back, one side of it's face torn for it's efforts.

[sblock=Actions]
Bloated Corpse 1d20+7=23, 2d6+2=5
Bloated Corpse - Standard action to attack Kamotz (Hit Ref) 5 Damage, Weak (SE)

Phantom N (1d20+10=19, 1d8+1=9), Phantom S (1d20+10=11, 1d8+1=4)
Phantom N - Standard action to attack Grakk (hit Ref) 9 damage, Marked EO Phantoms NT
Phantom S - Standard action to attack Grakk (Miss Ref)

Ghoul 1d20+8=13, 3d6+3=14
Ghoul - Move action to shift N
Standard action to bite Grakk (Miss AC)[/sblock]

[sblock=map] Map is here[/sblock]

Last edited:

Brain

First Post
Vixo jabs again, gleeful in his combat advantage, scores a nice hit, and backs away.

[sblock=actions]
Standard: riposte strike on slardizal (1d20+12=31, 1d4+5+2d8+3=19)
Move: Shift W (away from slard and spirits)
Minor: Sneak in the Attack utility power if Slard still up after my attack (add my sneak attack damage [2d8+3] to next ally who hits with combat advantage)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]was healing strike successful? Vixo gained hp in your chart but not the right amount.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Vixo - Male Kobold Rogue 2
Passive Perception:17, Passive Insight:12, Senses: Normal
AC:17, Fortitude:14, Reflex:17, Will:12 -- Speed:6, Size: Small
HP: 10/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges left 9/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Current status effects: none
Powers -
Shifty (Minor action shift 1) [Kobold Racial]
Deft Strike [Rogue 1]
Riposte Strike [Rogue 1]

Dazing Strike[Rogue 1]
Multiclass Fighter Power [Student of the Sword Feat]

Blinding Barrage [Rogue 1]
Sneak in the Attack [Rogue 2]
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc]was healing strike successful? Vixo gained hp in your chart but not the right amount.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]The amount healed was from Vrrsk't. His attacked allowed you to spend a surge on either a hit or a miss. Healing strike didn't hit.[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]
Vixo HP:18/33 Surges:8/9 (8) AP:0 Def:17/14 /17/12 SW:Unused
Morvannon HP:27/27 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused Concealment (EONT) Your Turn
Slardazial 77 Damage Warlocks Curse Divine Challenge
Grakk HP:14/29 (Bloodied) Surges:12/13 (8) AP:0 Def:16/16/13/11 SW:Unused Immob. (Save ends), Marked EO Phantoms NT (-2 to attacks not including phantom N)
Vrrsk't HP:29/29 Surges:10/12 (9) AP:1 Def:20/15/14/13 SW:Used
Kamotz HP:20/26 Surges:8/9 (6) AP:0 Def:17/14/10/16 SW:Unused Weakened (Save ends)
Bloated Corpse
Phantom N
Phantom S[/sblock]

As Vixo darts in, slashing a gash on Slardazials leg, he sets himself up for a counterattack. Shouting to your allies as you back away, you point out a weak point in his defenses hoping someone can capitalize on it.

Wiping the blood from the wound on his leg Slardazial looks up at Vixo and begins to laugh HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!! Now I understand!! My master has not forsaken me, he merely seeks to educate!! The blood is the answer!

Finally recovering from the devestating wound Vixo inflicted last round, Slardazial begins to incant at lightning speed. Before any of you can act he brings his rod up before his chest, negative energy collecting at it's end and forming a wedge shaped blade. With all the strength he can muster Slardazial drives the rod into his breast. Before your shocked eyes his armor parts as if nothing more then butter, and the rod sinks to it's midpoint.

I AAAAAMMMM YOOOUUURRRS MY LOOORRRDD!!!! He screams as an inferno of indigo flames crackle up from the floor engulfing him. As they fade, Slardazial steps forward an unholy light shining from his eyes and seeping from every wound. The flow of blood from his brow and some minor wounds has stemmed, and his muscles seem ready to burst from his skin. The rod seems to have fused with his chest and now pulses in time with the crackling radiance spreading ever outward.

Now you will see that only in death, in the bleeding, can we attain power.

[sblock=Actions]
Slardazial - Free Action to cast Empower Himself[/sblock]

[sblock=map]Updated map is here[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads