The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken) - Page 2




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 282
  1. #11
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    roadtoad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    418

    Ignore roadtoad
    Quote Originally Posted by dimsdale View Post
    Grakk speaks in a low voice to the palidan and the warlock. "Hmmmf...Is this the right battle tactic? I'm not used to sneaking around. I prefer the brute force approach, rushing our enemies like a bull and taking no prisoners."
    Vrrsk't whispers back, "I'm with you on the brute force approach, but we want to make sure this foul Slardazial hasn't laid a trap for us first."

    He then draws his flail quietly, preparing himself for whatever lies ahead.
    Currently running a 4e Zeitgeist campaign, "The Bosum Strand Irregulars."
    Follow the action here and/or here.

 

  • #12
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Quote Originally Posted by roadtoad View Post
    Vrrsk't whispers back, "I'm with you on the brute force approach, but we want to make sure this foul Slardazial hasn't laid a trap for us first."

    Grakk listens and then replies: "Yes...that makes sense Vrrsk't." Grakk then brings his blade in front of him, pointing it forward, ready to strike at a moments notice. Then in a stern, but quiet voice: "Once the path is clear, your flail and my blade will cause great destruction to our enemies."

    Grakk's Stats

    Grakk: Goliath Barbarian: Level 1
    Adverse Conditions: None
    Initiative: +2
    Passive Insight: 10
    Passive Perception: 15
    Senses Normal: Vision
    HP 33, Bloodied 16
    Surge Value 8; Surges Per-Day 13
    AC =16
    Fortitude 16 Reflex 13 Will 11 Speed 6
    action Points:1
    second wind: Not Used
    basic attack: Greatsword: To Hit: +7: Damage 1d10+6
    Powers
    At will: Recuporating Strike, Devastating Strike
    Encounter: Avalanche Strike, Stone's Endurance
    Daily Standard: Bloodhunt Rage
    Last edited by dimsdale; Friday, 3rd July, 2009 at 03:32 PM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #13
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    ukingsken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Valley, NS, Canada
    Posts
    738

    Ignore ukingsken
    My communities:

    Magnus realizes that almost all the runes compose one giant ward, woven and re-woven into the fabric of the walls. They veritably pulse with positive energy. Their significance is both religious and practical, weakening planar barriers here to make it easier for spirits to cross while simultaneously preventing any of the bodies from rising into undeath.

    As you move further down the tunnels you pass hundreds of doors, and several passages leading off in other directions bearing nearly identical markings and doors. As you count the turns, following Belingras instructions the doors themselves become more ostentacious.

    Kamotz realises you must now be entering a district of the maoseleum where more wealthy families are buried. Finally arriving at the first turn you are to take, a large marking above the archway proclaims "Honored Dead of Lauto, In Death We Serve As In Life" The tracks proceed down the tunnel out of sight.
    2+2=4 Fate is certain.
    LEB Judge Circa 2009

    My Chracters
    L4W Characters

    Vashik One Eye
    Verrigath Hazzire (Pending Approval)

    LEB Characters

    Cleaver d'Deneith

    Other Characters

    Orim Tyudik


  • #14
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Grakk is growing inpatient, but keeps his head straight. He thinks to himself: How long do these cursed tunnels go on?! Taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly, he moves forward through the endless tunnels hoping soon that the group reaches their objective.

    ooc

    perception roll: (any new clues to discover) = 6

    lol
    obviously the endless tunnels make it hard for the barbarian to concentrate


    Grakk Stats

    Grakk: Goliath Barbarian: Level 1
    Adverse Conditions: None
    Initiative: +2
    Passive Insight: 10
    Passive Perception: 15
    Senses Normal: Vision
    HP 33, Bloodied 16
    Surge Value 8; Surges Per-Day 13
    AC =16
    Fortitude 16 Reflex 13 Will 11 Speed 6
    action Points:1
    second wind: Not Used
    basic attack: Greatsword: To Hit: +7: Damage 1d10+6
    Powers
    At will: Recuporating Strike, Devastating Strike
    Encounter: Avalanche Strike, Stone's Endurance
    Daily Standard: Bloodhunt Rage
    Last edited by dimsdale; Friday, 3rd July, 2009 at 11:10 PM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #15
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    roadtoad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    418

    Ignore roadtoad
    "Come on, we're close," says Vrrsk't as he looks down the new passageway for signs of danger before continuing on.

    Perception

    Perception: 1d20+2=17

    Currently running a 4e Zeitgeist campaign, "The Bosum Strand Irregulars."
    Follow the action here and/or here.

  • #16
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Oni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,778

    Ignore Oni
    My communities:

    Must be close...right then left...twist then turn...

    Magnus seemed to be getting more excited, his eyes sliding back and forth in their deep sockets and his step quickening.

    ooc


    Or directions were pretty simple, but just to make sure we get there and try to avoid hazards along the way.

    Dungeoneering (1d20+10=16)

    Oni

    "Each man, one way.
    Each horse, one stance.
    Each church, one buddha.
    Each master to his own technique."

  • #17
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    579

    Ignore RedBeardJim
    *An underground tomb full of dead priests and a deranged live one. This is almost as much fun as the forest.* Morvannon unhooks a short rod of translucent green stone from his belt and grips it tightly as the group approaches the designated archway.

    Perception
    Perception check (+1) = 17.


    Mini stat
    Morvannon Rinael - Level 1 Half-Elf Warlock
    Passive Perception:11, Passive Insight:18, Initiative:+0 Senses: Low-light
    AC:15, Fortitude:12, Reflex:14, Will:15 -- Speed:6, Size: Medium
    HP: 27/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6, Surges left 8/8
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    Powers -
    Eldritch Blast
    Eyebite
    Warlock's Curse (minor)
    Misty Step (Warlock Pact Boon)

    Witchfire
    Scorching Burst (Dilettante power)

    Curse of the Dark Dream

  • #18
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    ukingsken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Valley, NS, Canada
    Posts
    738

    Ignore ukingsken
    My communities:

    Moving into the new tunnel you only have to walk a few minutes before you spot the turn you're looking for. As you approach it Vrrsk't notices a strange pulse of purple light race along the runes coming from the hallway and crawl along the tunnels.

    Watching carefully it seems to be happening every 9 or 10 seconds but the tempo is slowly increasing, like a heart beating to some unknown rhythm.

    At the end of the hallway is a large, ornate door bearing the symbols of Lauto. It has obviously been opened recently but was then closed tightly again from the other side.
    2+2=4 Fate is certain.
    LEB Judge Circa 2009

    My Chracters
    L4W Characters

    Vashik One Eye
    Verrigath Hazzire (Pending Approval)

    LEB Characters

    Cleaver d'Deneith

    Other Characters

    Orim Tyudik


  • #19
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064

    Ignore CaBaNa
    My communities:

    It's not supposed to be purple... Kamotz unsheathes his scythe, moving forward stealthily, he digs in to rush the priest, as he listens at the door.

    OOC


    draw scythe

    stealth 6

    perception on door, 15

    Ready action: charge/bull rush slardy if in range.


  • #20
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    As Kamotz listens at the door, the barbarian makes his observations as well.

    ooc

    roll perception 1d20+5 (can the door be bashed opened? = 9


    Whispering to the rest of the group. "I can't tell how strong the door is, but I'm willing to test it." To the palidan: "If we both attempt to bash the open the door, we might be able to catch the priest off-guard. The dead don't get surprised, but the living do."

    Grakk signals Kamotz of his intentions and waits for his signal.

    Grakk's Stats

    Grakk: Goliath Barbarian: Level 1
    Adverse Conditions: None
    Initiative: +2
    Passive Insight: 10
    Passive Perception: 15
    Senses Normal: Vision
    HP 33, Bloodied 16
    Surge Value 8; Surges Per-Day 13
    AC =16
    Fortitude 16 Reflex 13 Will 11 Speed 6
    action Points:1
    second wind: Not Used
    basic attack: Greatsword: To Hit: +7: Damage 1d10+6
    Powers
    At will: Recuporating Strike, Devastating Strike
    Encounter: Avalanche Strike, Stone's Endurance
    Daily Standard: Bloodhunt Rage
    Last edited by dimsdale; Saturday, 4th July, 2009 at 08:58 PM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)
      By ukingsken in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 540
      Last Post: Wednesday, 9th June, 2010, 05:30 PM
    2. Replies: 322
      Last Post: Thursday, 6th May, 2010, 10:02 PM
    3. The Temple of Lauto
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 100
      Last Post: Thursday, 21st January, 2010, 05:03 PM
    4. The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 440
      Last Post: Saturday, 18th April, 2009, 07:44 AM
    5. Moving from Lower Wards to Middle Wards in Sharn (Eberron)
      By The_Magician in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Friday, 24th June, 2005, 04:41 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •