The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken) - Page 8




+ Log in or register to post
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 282
  1. #71
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,062

    Ignore CaBaNa
    OOC clarification

    Kamotz still dead?

    MAGIC!

 

  • #72
    Vixo grunts and hisses as he sees his allies getting swiftly hurt. He sets his jaw and goes right up the middle to help out the brave barbarian.

    ooc

    Move: E E E NE NE N (to flank hound with Grakk)
    Standard: Riposte strike on flanked (SE) hound (1d20+12=30, 1d4+5+2d8+3=16). if the hound attacks Vixo I'll have an immediate interrupt attack
    Minor: none


    Stat Block

    Vixo - Male Kobold Rogue 2
    Passive Perception:17, Passive Insight:12, Senses: Normal
    AC:17, Fortitude:14, Reflex:17, Will:12 -- Speed:6, Size: Small
    HP: 33/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges left 9/9
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    Current status effects: none
    Powers -
    Shifty (Minor action shift 1) [Kobold Racial]
    Deft Strike [Rogue 1]
    Riposte Strike [Rogue 1]

    Dazing Strike[Rogue 1]
    Multiclass Fighter Power [Student of the Sword Feat]

    Blinding Barrage [Rogue 1]
    Sneak in the Attack [Rogue 2]
    Proud Player in The Jester's Cydra Campaigns ____________L4W -- Vixo______________Living EN World -- Scun

  • #73
    "We have to take out those ghouls, they're tearing us up!" shouts Morvannon. With a gesture, the second ghoul flares with the same green symbols as the first -- then the half-elf slides past his comrades into the open chamber, fading into obscurity as soft echoes of otherworldy laughter are heard. From the shadows a second bolt of energy streaks towards the battered undead, slamming into its torso.

    Actions
    Minor: Warlock's Curse on Ghoul N (both ghouls now cursed)
    Move: SE, E, S, S, gaining Shadow Walk, giving concealment until end of next turn
    Standard: Eldritch Blast against Ghoul S, hitting Reflex 24 for 13 damage. If that drops the ghoul, then use Misty Step to teleport three squares east.

    Mini stat
    Morvannon Rinael - Level 1 Half-Elf Warlock
    Passive Perception:11, Passive Insight:18, Initiative:+0 Senses: Low-light
    AC:15, Fortitude:12, Reflex:14, Will:15 -- Speed:6, Size: Medium
    HP: 27/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6, Surges left 8/8
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    Powers -
    Eldritch Blast
    Eyebite
    Warlock's Curse (minor)
    Misty Step (Warlock Pact Boon)

    Witchfire
    Scorching Burst (Dilettante power)

    Curse of the Dark Dream

  • #74
    Completing a circle, Magnus moved back to where started.

    Ooo...the dead...so persistant...always wanting seconds...

    He brought his staff down again against the hard floor unleashing another wave of terrible, stomach churning noise. The straight wooden implement creaked as its fibers strained under the magic being channeled through it. Flipping the staff around he held it front of him tightly with both hands.

    Feel Her gentle caressss...

    The wood of the staff began to bend and gnarl under the weight of the magic, the surrounding shadows began to snake and squirm and pull themselves loose from their mundane moorings, slithering toward the undead abominations. Insubstantial black tendrils wormed their way from the floor, coiling and uncoiling and began to spiral and wrap around their prey like living things.

    Not for you...I said...

    The dwarf slumped forward a little, as if suddenly tired, but he clutched at the symbol that lay across his chest.

    Will you accept...

    A wash of chilling, but energizing energy swept over Kamotz.

    ooc


    move: N, NW
    standard: On the two ghouls.
    Thunderwave: Int vs Fort (Target Order: West ghoul, East ghoul) (1d20+5=19, 1d20+5=20)
    Thunder Damage (1d6+5=6). Push them both E, E, SE.

    AP

    Standard: Centered on the new location of the western ghoul, Burst 1.
    Grasping Shadows: Int vs Will (Target Order: spirit, western ghoul, eastern ghoul) (1d20+5=22, 1d20+5=14, 1d20+5=22)
    Psychic Damage (1d8+5=7), and target is slowed until the end of your next turn.
    Effect: Shadows writhe in the designated area and continue until the end of your next turn. Any creature that enters the area of the grasping shadows takes psychic damage equal to your Intelligence modifier (4 Damage) and is slowed until the end of its next turn.

    minor: Healing Word on Kamotz. Can regain Healing Surge + (1d6=4)


    ministats
    Magnus Madiron- Male Dwarven Wizard 1
    Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18, Senses: Low-light
    AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:14, Will:15 -- Speed:5
    HP:25/25, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
    Action Points: 0
    Powers -
    Cloud of Daggers
    Thunderwave

    Grasping Shadows
    Staff of Defense
    Second Wind

    Flaming Sphere
    Healing Word


    Conditions:

    Full character sheet
    Last edited by Oni; Sunday, 12th July, 2009 at 02:19 AM.
    Oni

    "Each man, one way.
    Each horse, one stance.
    Each church, one buddha.
    Each master to his own technique."

  • #75
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,062

    Ignore CaBaNa
    spiraling visions in the blackness, purple's curving ever onward toward heart and neck, interweaving the strands, and then pain, lots and lots of pain.

    Blinking open his eyes, Kamotz hurt, his neck was on fire! His whole shoulder was on fire! And the air was *purple, no, yes, wait Slardazial! Where is everyone else, I've got to get UP!* Kamotz began to stand as the spirit...

  • #76
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Grakk, drops to one knee as the two undead beasts strike, ripping flesh from his body. Close to death now he regains a little control of his senses and looks around. Time is in slow motion as he see the cleric, paladin, warlock, and magic users battling hard agains the ghastly foes. This brings peace to him at the dreadful time. Just then the cleric takes a nasty attack from the ghoul and collapses. I feel your pain Kamotz. I wish I could be there to help you, but that is not the case. I hope that at the end of this encounter that we'll both be standing...(a pause)...I'd give my life for you and everyone in this this group. As soon as he finishes his thought, Vixo comes to his aid, with a devastating blow to one of the dogs currently flanking him. "Thank you Vixo", Grakk whispers, barely audible, as he finds the strength to sbattle on. He now focuses on the other dog, gripping his blade tightly planning his next strike.

    grakks's stats

    Grakk: Goliath Barbarian: Level 1
    Adverse Conditions: None
    Initiative: +2
    Passive Insight: 10
    Passive Perception: 15
    Senses Normal: Vision
    HP 33 bloodied with 6 hp
    Bloodied 16
    Surge Value 8; Surges Per-Day 13
    AC =16
    Fortitude 16 Reflex 13 Will 11 Speed 6
    action Points:USED
    second wind: Not Used
    basic attack: Greatsword: To Hit: +7: Damage 1d10+6 (+10 when bloodhunt rage is active and bloodied): now raging
    Powers
    At will: Recuporating Strike, Devastating Strike
    Encounter: Avalanche Strike
    Encounter: Stone's Endurance
    Swift Charge: USED
    Daily Standard: Bloodhunt Rage [USED]
    Last edited by dimsdale; Sunday, 12th July, 2009 at 05:20 AM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #77
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    ukingsken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Valley, NS, Canada
    Posts
    738

    Ignore ukingsken
    OOC
    I had intended to retcon the attack on Kamotz but by the time I got home Magnus had already healed him and it would have slowed the game down a lot to wait on him Retconning as well. Besides I think this is way more dramatic :P If thats ok with you we'll just continue

    Initiative

    Ghoul N 7 Damage Warlocks Curse
    Vixo HP:4/33 (Bloodied) Surges:9/9 (8) AP:1 Def:17/14/17/12 SW:Unused -2 AC
    Morvannon HP:27/27 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:1 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
    Magnus HP:25/25 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
    Slardazial
    Grakk HP:6/33 (Bloodied) Surges:13/13 (8) AP:0 Def:16/16/13/11 SW:Unused Your Turn
    Vrrsk't HP:20/29 Surges:12/12 (9) AP:1 Def:20/15/14/13 SW:Unused Immob.
    Kamotz HP:10/26 (Bloodied) Surges:8/9 (6) AP:1 Def:17/14/10/16 SW:Unused
    Dog NE
    Bloated Corpse


    Vixo scurries across the floor, coming to Grakks aid. The hound fails to notice the kobold creeping up behind it, and pays for it. Slipping his blade into the beasts back and nearly severing it's leg, the hound whirls about lunging weakly at Vixos neck. Slashing once again with his dagger, Vixo removes the dogs jaw and it falls dead to the ground.

    Morvannon's torrent of energy which strikes the ghoul marked by Vrrsk't directly in the chest, leaving a smoking hole burnt through it's chest. The Ghoul staggers backward, falling to the ground before recovering and rising again, driven by the unholy energy that animates it's limbs.

    As the ear wrenching cacophony shuddering forth from Magnus's staff rips at the ghouls flesh the one nearest Vrrsk't makes a desperate lunge at him. Catching Vrrsk't off guard the ghoul tearing a bloody gash in his arm before Magnus's sonic assault widens the already smoking hole in it's chest enough to split the Ghoul in two. Already Vrrsk't can feel the corruption of the wound stiffening his legs and rooting him to the spot.

    The other ghoul flies backwards, knocked off it's feet and through the air nearly striking Vrrsk't as it flies by. The ghoul lands hard and rolls to it's feet just east of the remaining spirit.

    Seeing an opportunity to press the advantage Magnus pulls the very shadows to do his bidding. The tendrils lashed the spirit, tearing holes in it's ephemeral body. Wailing it's frustration the spirit reaches out toward Vrrsk't but discorporates into so much smoke before landing the strike.

    Meanwhile the tendrils grasp the remaining ghouls leg, tearing at it's rotten flesh and slowing it's movement. Seeing the ghoul occupied by his magic, Masgnus uses the lull in combat to reach out a hand to Kamotz infusing him with healing energy and returning color to his pallid skin.

    Eyes bulging from his skull and skin taking on an unhealthy pallor Slardazial opens his mouth and lets loose a bloodcurdling howl no living creature should be able to produce. Like the death scream of 100 men it rips from his throat, sending shudders through your very souls. Looking at you, eyes red with mad rage he screams.

    LAUTO BE DAMNED I WILL NOT BE DENIED!!!

    Drawing once again on the energy seething around him, Slardazial sends an arc of purple energy flying straight into the remaining ghoul. Before your astonished eyes most of the wounds inflicted by Magnus disappear and it's claws lengthen, shining with a preternatural purple radiance.

    And now feel the might of a true god. You will regret not accepting my offer Lauton, for Zal'Ekthees is not one to forget.

    Pulling a mace from his belt Slardazial rushes forward with sudden alacrity, channeling purple radiance into his mace and swinging it at Vixo's back. Vixo tries to slide under the blow but Slardazial corrects mid swing and lands a telling blow on Vixo's shoulder, purple energy arcing across his skin. The radiance sticks to Vixo, painting him like a target for the abominations.

    Looking once more to Kamotz, Slardazial grins wildly. And now you see your folly priest, bear witness to his might and TREMBLE!!! HAHAHAHAHA...

    Once again Slardazial dissolves into a fit of crazed laughter, once more gnashing his teeth and cutting his lips, seemingly unaware of the blood now streaming down his face and neck.

    Actions

    Dog S (1d20+4=11)
    Dog S - Immediate Interrupt to Death Strike Vixo (miss REF)

    Ghoul S (1d20+10=30, Max Dmg) Please note I used the wrong bonus (I used +4 instead of +10) but its a hit anyway
    Ghoul S - Immediate Interrupt to Death Strike Vrrsk't (hit AC) 9 Damage & Immobolized (Save ends)

    Spirit N (1d20+4=5)
    Spirit N - Immediate Interrupt to Death Strike Vrrsk't (miss Ref)

    Slardazial (1d20+11=15, 1d20+8=20, 1d6+5=10, 2d8+8=19)
    Slardazial - Standard Action to Infuse the remaining Ghoul
    Minor Action to Draw Mace
    Move Action to move W, W, W, W, W ending SE of Vixo
    Standard Action (AP) to attack Vixo with Cursed Mace (Primary hit Fort) 10 Damage (Secondary hit Fort) 19 damage, -2 to Vixo's AC until end of Slardazials next turn


    map
    Updated map is here


    Whew
    Well quite the dynamic fight here. Going well as far as I'm concerned, sorry for the lateness of todays post. Was out last night watching UFC 100 so I didnt get home until this evening.
    2+2=4 Fate is certain.
    LEB Judge Circa 2009

    My Chracters
    L4W Characters

    Vashik One Eye
    Verrigath Hazzire (Pending Approval)

    LEB Characters

    Cleaver d'Deneith

    Other Characters

    Orim Tyudik


  • #78
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Grakk sees Vixo take a shot in the shoulder. "You had my back, I have yours!"
    Risking the attack that he knows is coming from the dog, Grakk runs to his aide, moving in on the fallen cleric from his side in order to take advantage from the back side. Spinning on the balls of his feet to gain momentum, he swings with all of the energy he has left in order to score a major hit...

    actions

    minor: none
    movement: se, e, se, s, sw
    attack: avalanche strike: 1d20+7+2 (flank) = 14

    if a hit: 3d10+10 = 27



    grakk stats

    Grakk: Goliath Barbarian: Level 1
    Adverse Conditions: None
    Initiative: +2
    Passive Insight: 10
    Passive Perception: 15
    Senses Normal: Vision
    HP 33 bloodied with 6 hp
    Bloodied 16
    Surge Value 8; Surges Per-Day 13
    AC =16
    Fortitude 16 Reflex 13 Will 11 Speed 6
    action Points:USED
    second wind: Not Used
    basic attack: Greatsword: To Hit: +7: Damage 1d10+6 (+10 when bloodhunt rage is active and bloodied): now raging
    Powers
    At will: Recuporating Strike, Devastating Strike
    Encounter: Avalanche Strike [USED]
    Encounter: Stone's Endurance
    Swift Charge: USED
    Daily Standard: Bloodhunt Rage [USED]
    Last edited by dimsdale; Monday, 13th July, 2009 at 01:28 AM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #79
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    ukingsken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Valley, NS, Canada
    Posts
    738

    Ignore ukingsken
    Initiative

    Ghoul N 7 Damage Warlocks Curse
    Vixo HP:4/33 (Bloodied) Surges:9/9 (8) AP:1 Def:17/14/17/12 SW:Unused -2 AC
    Morvannon HP:27/27 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:1 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
    Magnus HP:25/25 Surges:8/8 (6) AP:0 Def:15/12/14/15 SW:Unused
    Slardazial
    Grakk HP:1/33 (Bloodied) Surges:13/13 (8) AP:0 Def:16/16/13/11 SW:Unused +4 to enemy attacks until SONT
    Vrrsk't HP:20/29 Surges:12/12 (9) AP:1 Def:20/15/14/13 SW:Unused Immob. Your Turn
    Kamotz HP:10/26 (Bloodied) Surges:8/9 (6) AP:1 Def:17/14/10/16 SW:Unused Prone
    Dog NE
    Bloated Corpse

    As Grakk speeds away to help Vixo the rotting dog bites at the back of his leg, sinking it's fangs in and leaving another rotten looking wound on his body. Grakk wavers on the edge of conciousness but manages to rush to Vixo's aid, flanking Slardazial and taking a powerful overhand chop at his shoulderblade.

    Turning inhumanly fast Slardazial catches the sword strike on his mace, and leers drunkenly into Grakk's face. Is that the best you can do savage? Let me show you true strength! He sneers before cording the muscles in his arms and shoving Grakk off, once again assuming a guard position between the two heroes.

    Actions
    Dog NE (1d20+4=17)
    Dog NE - Opportunity Action to Attack Grakk (hit) 5 Damage

    Map
    Updated map is here
    Last edited by ukingsken; Monday, 13th July, 2009 at 05:11 AM.
    2+2=4 Fate is certain.
    LEB Judge Circa 2009

    My Chracters
    L4W Characters

    Vashik One Eye
    Verrigath Hazzire (Pending Approval)

    LEB Characters

    Cleaver d'Deneith

    Other Characters

    Orim Tyudik


  • #80
    Vrrsk't feels his legs go dead and utters a quick prayer to Apoli. "Dragon of Light, grant me strength. Bring your light to heat my frozen limbs and deliver me from this unjust prison."

    In this dark place, the call of a sun worshiper goes unanswered and he feels no relief from the corrupted wound. Vrrsk't turns towards Kamotz and is surprised to see the shifter on the ground. "Save your healing for the others; Apoli be with you." He reaches down and touches Kamotz. The shifter feels the heat of Vrrsk't's grasp and can feel the divine power surging through him, re-energizing him.

    Gathering his strength, Vrrsk't prepares himself for the task at hand and concentrates on wiggling his big toe. A smile creeps across his lips as he seems to be making progress...

    OOC

    minor: Divine Mettle to save vs. immobilized: 1d20+2=9
    minor: Lay on Hands on Kamotz, healing him for 6
    Standard: Second Wind, healing me for 9

    burned two healing surges, have +2 to all defenses.
    EOT: save vs. immobilized: 1d20=11

    Currently running a 4e Zeitgeist campaign, "The Bosum Strand Irregulars."
    Follow the action here and/or here.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)
      By ukingsken in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 540
      Last Post: Wednesday, 9th June, 2010, 05:30 PM
    2. Replies: 322
      Last Post: Thursday, 6th May, 2010, 10:02 PM
    3. The Temple of Lauto
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 100
      Last Post: Thursday, 21st January, 2010, 05:03 PM
    4. The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 440
      Last Post: Saturday, 18th April, 2009, 07:44 AM
    5. Moving from Lower Wards to Middle Wards in Sharn (Eberron)
      By The_Magician in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Friday, 24th June, 2005, 04:41 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •