[4E] Touch of Maddess [Closed]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Welcome, I am recruiting 5-6 players for Dungeon's Touch of Maddess.

If you have read or played in this adventure please let me know. I won't forbid players that have, but I'll be giving preferencial treatment to those who have not.

Selection of players will mostly be first come first serve with some preference to role.

Characters will be 10th level, with 22 point buy, standard wealth for 10th level.

All published sources in the compendium are allowed. (in other words if EPG is in the update tomorrow it's allowed, if not it is not.) Preview and playtest will be approved on a case by case business.

World is standard Points of light, more information about the setting for background will follow.

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I am interested, character to follow.

I'm thinking about a Melee striker, Ranger or Rogue. Probably a brutish type the a half orc or longtooth shifter

Dwarven od Deva invoker is also in the cards

I have neither read or seen the module

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Also interested; character to follow. Considering a striker, possibly a Rogue but am uncertain at this point.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Since my other games seem to have died, I'll throw in for this.

I'm considering a defender of some kind, possibly either a paladin or a fighter. I'm leaning towards fighter at this point.

EDIT: I have not played in, read, or even heard of this adventure

Last edited:

Galphanore

First Post
I'm interested as well, Defender (Swordmage) character submitted. I'll make a different kind if Insight makes a defender and you only want one in the group. I haven't read or played in the adventure.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Color me tempted. Especially with an open DDI game. I have the adventure and intend to run if for my f2f crew if they ever get that far (they are 1st level and advance about 1 level per 6 months at this rate...). I have only read the intro to know I'm intrigued, but not the rest of the adventure.

I've got an idea for a revenant monk that would be really cool to try out.

Shayuri

First Post
Yum, this looks interesting!

Always looking for 4e games...especially ones that give me a chance to play higher than 1st level.

Haven't read the module, nor do I know anything about it.

Any relevant setting info is good...I'm assuming that 'standard points of light' includes the PHB background info of Tiefling and Dragonborn empires clashing and collapsing and so on...all good.

As for what concept...

I enjoy Controller roles...a Wizard, Druid or Invoker would be cool. Strikers also please me, though I've played a lot of those, so a change would be nice. I might be interested in a bard, if we have no other Leaders stepping up.

Walking Dad

First Post
Interested. Will fill any role needed.

Striker: (Monk if it is in DDI or) Avenger
Leader: Shaman (Dwarf)
Defender: Warden (L. Shifter)
Controller: Wizard (Eladrin) or Invoker (Dwarf)

Insight

Adventurer
Here is Barek Hornswallower, Dwarf Fighter with Paladin Multiclassing (Now with 100% more gear!)

[sblock=Barek Hornswallower]
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
Barek Hornswallower, level 10
Dwarf, Fighter
Fighter Talents: Battlerager Vigor

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 19, Con 16, Dex 8, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 17, Con 12, Dex 8, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 13.

AC: 28 Fort: 23 Reflex: 19 Will: 20
HP: 85 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 21

TRAINED SKILLS
Heal +13, Endurance +12, Athletics +11, Religion +12

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +1, Arcana +5, Bluff +6, Diplomacy +6, Dungeoneering +10, History +5, Insight +8, Intimidate +6, Nature +8, Perception +8, Stealth +1, Streetwise +6, Thievery +1

FEATS
Level 1: Soldier of the Faith
Level 2: Dwarven Weapon Training
Level 4: Novice Power
Level 6: Improved Vigor
Level 8: Acolyte Power
Level 10: Adept Power

POWERS
Fighter at-will 1: Cleave
Fighter at-will 1: Crushing Surge
Fighter daily 1: Knee Breaker
Fighter daily 5: Pinning Smash (retrained to Paladin's Judgment at Adept Power)
Fighter daily 9: Shift the Battlefield
Fighter encounter 1: Shield Bash
Fighter encounter 3: Blinding Smash (retrained to Radiant Smite at Novice Power)
Fighter encounter 7: Savage Parry (retrained to Thunder Smite at Novice Power)
Fighter utility 10: Stalwart Guard
Fighter utility 2: Create Opening
Fighter utility 6: Daring Shot (retrained to Divine Bodyguard at Acolyte Power)

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Magic Braidmail Armor +3, Battleforged Shield Heavy Shield (heroic tier), Righteous Craghammer +2, Rushing Cleats (heroic tier), Cloak of the Walking Wounded +2, Potion of Lifeshield (heroic tier), Elixir of Reflexes (level 8), Potion of Clarity (level 10) (2)
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background in Brief]
I'll keep this short and sweet since it probably won't matter much in the final analysis.

Barek Hornswallower is the son of a rather strange creature: a Dwarven Jester, who served the crown king, Balephar Nornfall, for many years. Barek grew up imagining his father a fool and never once considered entering into an entertainer's profession. Instead, always the patriotic type, Barek joined the military and served the crown in a steadfast and honorable manner for many years.

During this time, Barek received a great vision from Moradin. The All-Father came to Barek in a dream and compelled the dwarf to visit a local shrine. There, Barek discovered that savage Goblins had overrun the place and defaced Moradin's image. Barek flew into a rage and slew all of the Goblins single-handedly. Moradin once again appeared to Barek, revealing a great destiny to the dwarven soldier, one that would no longer involve military service.

Once his tours were done, Barek decided to sell his services as a bodyguard on the open market. He traveled the known world, seeking his fortune here and there. Barek drew no satisfaction from being a mercenary; he waited many nights at shrines to Moradin, but no further visions came. With no word from his god, Barek felt that Moradin's purpose for him was to destroy enemies of the faith, and destroy them he did, in droves. During this period, Barek began to exhibit several divine abilities. At first, Barek hid these abilities from others, even his few friends, for fear of what might happen. In time, however, Barek grew comfortable in his role as Moradin's hand and even gained the confidence of a few priests of Moradin at a particular shrine in Tolard's Pass.

In fact, Barek spent more than a year serving the people of Tolard's Pass and had occasion to travel south to the town of Wellspring. Because of his many visits to Wellspring, Barek established a small shrine to Moradin just outside town, where he also built a small cottage. Barek began to see Wellspring as a home-away-from-home, and spent equal time between there and Tolard's Pass.

OOC: Consider Tolard's Pass to be somewhere on that road leading north out of Wellspring.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Barek Hornswallower.dnd4e
    142.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Wow, this filled up faster than I thought.

I see I have 7 people signed up, but that's ok, I think I can roll with 7 if we get a good mix of roles.

@Erekose13 : I'm gonna say yes to the revenent and the monk I've been eager to see how the monk plays. I don't want more than one monk though, and seeing as it's a playtest I want us to agree that I reserve right to nerf the monk if needed. Seeing as you've read the intro, I'm gonna put you on your honor not to let any background information contained in that intro out.

Rules:

I want people to post at least once every 24 hours, if something makes this not possible, let me know ahead of time if at all possible. Naturally in combat if it's not your turn there is no reason to post everyday but at the slowest post within 24 hours of my posting. To encourage this you will recieve a +1 to a single d20 roll that turn if you post within the time limit.

All player rolls will need to be rolled on invisiblecastle, dm rolls are made with a real d20 on my desk, think of it as my virtual dm screen.

I would like everyone to post a condensted stat block at the bottom of your combat posts, like so...

[sblock=stat block]Generic Guy- Male Human Warlord 2
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:18, Fort:16, Ref:15, Will:16 -- Speed: 5
HP:13/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges Per-Day 5/8
Initiative +3 Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers:
Furious Smash
Opening Shove
Wolf Pack Tactics

Inspiring Word Inspiring Word
Hammer and Anvil

Bastion of Defense

Aid the Injured
[/sblock]

If making your character in the Character builder, please send me your .dnd4e file

Any questions?

Background:

Standard PHB implied setting, primordials, then gods, dragons, dragonborn empire, teifling empire, war 100's of years of darkness, Nerith, then nerith crumbling, emperror dies and empire crumbles.

Out here on the frontier the human empire of Nerith hasn't had much of an effect in over a hundred years, but it still existed, now it's completely gone, you might find some older people who remember the death of the emperor but it happened before you all's time.

Game will begin in the town of Wellspring, there are serveral different reasons why an adventurer might be in Wellspring,

** Wellspring is an ideal place to purchase supplies, train, and relax. The town is also large enough for you to acquire needed ingredients for rituals.

** Situated as it is on the frontier, Wellspring is a place from which adventurers can mount expeditions into the Harrow Wood and
the Kadagast Mountains. Rumor holds that old portals to the Feywild still stand in the forest, and portals to darker and stranger lands lay in the mountains. In addition, the peaks are home to ruins of more than one empire—Nerath (the human empire that fell 40 years ago) and Bael Turath (the ancient Teifling empire).

** For the worshipers of Ioun, Wellspring is a holy site. At this location, Estered received the blessing of the goddess and founded an order dedicated to protecting her gift. As a result, pilgrims come to Wellspring to pay homage to the saint at what they
believe is his tomb at the center of town.

[sblock="About the town"]
Wellspring nestles in a valley, astride a river known as the Chill and between two arms of the Kadagast Mountains. The town’s folk are farmers and fishers. Cultivated farmland surrounds the community. Less than two miles away is Kord’s Tankard, a deep lake
fed by runoff from the mountains. A Nerathi road winds down from a northern pass, heading south and splitting into a westward arm. Paved with cut stone, the roads still see caravans from the north.
The most common travelers, though, are pilgrims devoted to the deity Ioun and her saint, Estered. Each year brings another band of devout to the town’s center square. They pay their respects under an ancient statue of Estered, under which the mystic’s
tomb is hidden.
Wellspringers, famous skeptics, can’t help but wonder if the statue actually marks the grave. They keep their doubts to themselves, since the pilgrims play an important part in Wellspring’s economy. To the pious, Wellspringers are gracious hosts quick to doff their caps to the statue.

Places of Interest

Estered’s Square: Paved in cobblestones and dominated by the worn statue of Estered’s robed form, the square is the center of the town’s activity. When not playing host to a festival, it functions as a market. Wellspring’s major businesses ring the square, and traders set up stalls in the area.

Mindspire: Locals claim this ancient temple stood long before the town did. Its old stones, covered in strange sigils just hidden by the ivy, suggest some truth to its legends. Multicolored pieces of glass in a rainbow of colors peek out from the mortar so when the sun hits it, the temple sparkles. Two massive brass doors serve as its only entrance, and inside is a massive amphitheater around a central pit where a worn altar stands.

Castle Criswell: Rivaling the old temple of Ioun, Castle Criswell stands on a sharp rise overlooking the southern branch of the Chill. A fifty-foot tower dominates the castle, and the colors of Lord Criswell fly from its conical roof. His standard depicts a rearing brown bear flanked by two downward-pointing swords. The rest of the castle consists of a two-story house and two smaller outbuildings used as servants’ quarters and a garrison, surrounded by a low curtain wall.

Guild District: Three powerful guilds—Bakers, Ironworkers, and Tanners—control the town’s industry. Each guild oversees a variety of related industries and they set the prices in the town. They place representatives near Lord Criswell to ensure the noble remembers who pads his coffers.

Town Hall: Facing the square, the town hall is a building of wood and stone roofed in slate shingles. Narrow windows look out over the square. Most of this building consists of the audience hall, where commoners voice grievances to the lord, do business,
and hold town meetings. Weddings are common here as well.

Low District: Although definitely home to Wellspring’s poorer citizens, this district holds the homes of commoners who work in the market or Guild District. Not destitute by any means, folk here are content with their simple lives.

Riverfront District: Both sides of the western Chill are crowded with warehouses and hostels, all of which cater to the merchant sailors who travel from other settlements to do business. This district is the area of Wellspring most troubled by crime.

Common District: Given over to commerce, middle class housing, and a scattering of shrines, this ward is a safe if dull part of town.

High District: Named for the hills rippling out from the eastern shore of the Chill, this is the wealthy part of Wellspring, made so by merchants and successful guilders. With wide streets, several cultivated parks, and higher-end shops, the High District is
a bright spot of prosperity in the darkness of the frontier.
[/sblock]

[sblock="Maps"]

01.jpg

03.jpg

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases