Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

garyh

First Post
OOC: I'm not as much a fan of holding the doorway, because it makes flanking impractical. Not that I'm sure exactly how to get the warforged into an exposed, flankable spot...

And I'm with Digger, let me know if this is a surprise round or a full round. Makes a big difference.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: This is the first full round. I'd say the surprise round was moving into the room. The warforged essentially had prepared actions to draw weapons and sound an alert if anyone unauthorized was spotted coming in.

garyh

First Post
Hrav takes a sharp look at the middle warforged, then shoots a blast of acid from Black Death straight at the artificial creature.

"Now these guys I've heard are tough!" Hrav says. "Should be more fun than them elves, anyway!"

[sblock=Mechanics]
Minor action - Apply Predatory Eye to W2.

Standard action - Use "Black Death" encounter power, basic melee attack at range 5, all damage acid.

Acid Ranged Attack (CA from First Strike, SA) (1d20+10+2=18, 1d10+5=15, 2d8+5=12) / Predatory Eye (1d6=6)

Hits AC 18 for 32 acid damage (the sneak attack should have been 2d8+4 not +5).[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue (Fighter) 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 18, Low-Light Vision
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 19, Will: 14 - Speed: 6
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 11, Surges left: 7/8
Action Points: 1
Resists: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison

Powers:
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Nasty Backswing
Predatory Eye
Second Wind (Item: may use two surges when bloodied)
Student of the Sword +1 and Mark
Torturous Strike
Tumble

Handspring Assault
Acidic Rapier Ranged Attack (Encounter)
Acidic Rapier Ongoing Damage (Daily)
Deathcut Leather Armor (Daily)
Potion of Healing x1

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Okay. I guess we've all been waiting on each other. Being DM though, I'll take the biggest portion of the blame since I know my time and attention has been hogged lately by another game. I can NPC Alex for a bit if Ata hasn't been around. I can indeed have him move up to the space beside W3 just inside the doorway.

I'll need Quagmire's official actions, then I'll do a post updating the map with Quag, Alex, and Hrav's actions. I'll also add numbers and letters to help coordinating. Then after that I'll wait for Beyrk and Dang't's actions (and confirmation from Digger that he still wants Girth to do what he stated above if it is still possible) before wrapping up the round with the monsters actions and a new map.

The Digger

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I don't think Alex should go inside the door. If he does Girth can't do his Otherwind Stride without affetcing Alex as well. Could he delay until after Girth?[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: I'd rather not delay Alex that far back. With me NPCing him, it provides a good break point half way through the players turns to update the map and status of everyone. I'm glad to hear you have a plan for Girth's actions, but with him going last among the PC's, its too easy for the battlefield to change between now and then. I am willing to NPC Alex in a way that will assist other people's tactics, but I need to hear from others what they are wanting to do. Unless everyone wants to make a readied action or delay and let the warforged go first to make them come to us? Currently, I need to hear from Covaithe on what Quagmire is going to do, or I'll NPC him tomorrow.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Argh! I can't decide what to do with Quagmire until I at least know what the general plan is. I still think that our best move tactically is to take advantage of the terrain and use the bottleneck to our advantage. That means having only Alex move inside the door. I know that means no flanking for Hrav, and that Girth doesn't get to do his close attack, but I just think it wins us the fight with the least risk possible.

Even if Girth wants to go in there, Quagmire still doesn't have anything to do until Alex goes, except get in the way. Going in to use warlord's strike or something sounds good, but it leaves him blocking the door instead of Alex, which is silly.

Tentative plan: Girth goes in to the west of W2 (taking OAs, but I assume you know that...) and does his thing. Alex goes in behind, to the west of W3, and marks W2. Q goes behind Alex and uses commander's strike, letting Alex mark W3. Now Girth (who is gonna get hammered this turn no matter what) can at least provoke combat challenge attacks when he gets pounded.

Bottom line, I still think Girth should stay outside. But if you insist on going in there, then Q will delay till after Alex goes and hope there's something useful for him to do by then.

The Digger

First Post
Forget Girth's plan. I hadn't taken on board the effect of delaying Alex's actions.

Alex should probably step in to block the door leaving the rest of us to attack at range since he does not provide cover to the enemy. I have several ranged powers (and my new sling!)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Cov, is Quagmire delaying until after Alex then to move up behind him and do the Commanders Strike thing? Since Girth isn't going to be getting in the room now, if that is what you want to do, then post the rolls for it and I'll update the map/round.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases