Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Beryk tries to hold the other door, moving in and attacking with a chancy move. Too risky apparently as he fails to connect. Looking back over his shoulder he gets a good look at Harv and shouts out in encouragement. ('Harv' uses up a healing surge and gains back 11+5=16 hp and can shift one square if he wants. Please let me know if/where he'd like to move Garyh.)

-Dang't opens the door into the cloakroom before trying to blast a warforged with more lightning. Whether from the poison causing him weakness or just bad luck, the attack fails to injure the foe leaving the goblin nothing to do but seek shelter in the closet as the poison continues to burn through his system.

-Girth blasts the new gnome with frigid darkness, injuring it and slowing its movements before it disappears from everyones sight.

-The Warforged attack once more at Hrav and twice at Alex with all three attacks striking home. (Hrav hit once for 12 damage and Alex hit twice for 15 total damage. W1 also activates Warforged resolve to gain 14 temp hps)

-Alex strikes hard at the warforged right in front of him, ending its renewed resolve while making himself feel better for hitting with a comeback strike. He feels so good in fact, that he musters the strength and speed to hit at the warforged a second time. His second hit smashes the creature to the ground where it no longer moves. Alex nods to Hrav, urging him to take advantage of the hole in their lines and move forward if he wants.(18 damage to W1 which wipes out its 14 temp hps and injures it 4hps further. Alex also spends a healing surge for 11 hps back. Alex spends an action point to do Covering attack for 15 damage to W1 which kills it. Hrav can shift another 2 squares if he wants. Just tell me where.)

-Hrav and Quagmire can go... (For Hrav's 3 squares he can shift, keep in mind that per initiative order he can shift 1 square before his turn (on Beyrk's turn) and the other 2 squares after his turn (on Alex's turn). Also, W1 would still be there on Hrav's turn technically, but I like to get Alex out of the way now while I'm updating everyone else. So we'll just pretend that Hrav had a little flash of seeing the future and knew it was useless for him to go after the warforged because Alex was going to bring it down. =D)
[sblock=Init/Status/Map]23- Hrav [23/41hp]
21- Alex [27/47hp]
20- Quagmire [36/36hp]
20- Gnome Arcanist 1 [-17 hp]
20- Gnome Arcanist 2 [-11 hp, grants CA till end of Dang'ts next turn and has -2 AC; invisible]
19- Pseudodragon 1 [no damage]
19- Pseudodragon 2 [no damage]
19- Beyrk [19/30hp]
17- Dang't [10/27hp -Bloodied- ongoing 5 poison damage(save ends)(+1AC till start of next turn)]
16- Girth [32/40hp]
12- Warforged 1 [-58 hp; dead]
12- Warforged 2 [-16 hp]
12- Warforged 3 [-25 hp]

41578d1254315873-adventure-redblades-riches-ozymandias79-judging-rr-entrance-7.jpg
[/sblock]
Warforged 1 at Hrav, Warforged 2 and 3 at Alex. (1d20+9=27, 1d8+4=12, 1d20+9+1=22, 1d8+4=8, 1d20+9+1=27, 1d8+4=7)
Alex Comeback Strike vs. Warforged 1 AC20. (1d20+10=20, 2d12+6=18)
Alex Covering attack at W1 (1d20+10=22, 2d12+6=15)
[sblock=Alex stats]
Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 3
Initiative:+2 Passive perception:14 Passive Insight:13
AC:20 For:18 Ref:15 Will:14
HP:27/47 Bloodied:23 Surges value:11 Surges/day:7/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:0 Second Wind:1
Basic Attack: +10 vs AC, 1d12+6
Opportunity attack: +12 vs AC, 1d12+6
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron, Pass forward
Covering Attack, Sweeping blow
Comeback strike[/sblock]

Attachments

• RR Entrance 7.JPG
    RR Entrance 7.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Hrav moves forward to attack the gnome. The bugbear flails wildly and succeeds only in drawing the gnome's attention.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Free actions - Shift to Y22.

Standard action - Torturous Strike against G1, using Student of the Sword for +1 to hit and marking G1.

Torturous Strike (Student of the Sword) (1d20+10+1=14, 2d10+9=22)

Hits AC 14 for 22. Assuming that misses...

Immediate action - Nasty Backswing vs G1.

Nasty Backswing G1 (CA, SA) (1d20+10+2=14, 1d10+9=11, 2d8+4=20)

Hits AC 14 for 31 damage.

Not my turn...[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue (Fighter) 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 18, Low-Light Vision
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 19, Will: 14 - Speed: 6
HP: 23/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 11, Surges left: 7/8
Action Points: 1
Resists: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison

Powers:
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Nasty Backswing
Predatory Eye
Second Wind (Item: may use two surges when bloodied)
Student of the Sword +1 and Mark
Torturous Strike
Tumble

Handspring Assault
Acidic Rapier Ranged Attack (Encounter)
Acidic Rapier Ongoing Damage (Daily)
Deathcut Leather Armor (Daily)
Potion of Healing x1

Full character sheet[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"Nice shot, Dang't! Don't let that scratch get ye down, we got these lads on the run," Quagmire calls, striding back into the fray. With a shout he strikes out at the warforged again, filling his friends with fresh determination.

[sblock=actions]Minor: inspiring word on Dang't. Heals surge plus 7. I was thinking to take the ongoing damage from him instead, but turns out I have to be adjacent for that. Oh, well.
Move: back to AB23
Standard: Bastion of Health: +8 vs. AC against W3 for 3d8+4 damage. IC went down between when I rolled the healing and now, so you'll have to roll this one for me, Phoenix. Now it's back up, go figure. Hits AC 26 for 10 damage. I presume that's a hit, so allies gain +1 power bonus to defenses for the rest of the encounter. Whether it hits or misses, allies gain 9 temp HP.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Hrav moves up and swings twice at the gnome in the northern doorway, but misses both times as the small foe barely dodges his attacks.

-Quagmire calls encouragement to Dang't (healing him surge 6 + 7 = 13hp) while moving up to slash at the warforged in the corner with such a brilliant attack that it inspires all his allies to great fighting capability! (Hits W3 for 10 damage and all allies (but not Quagmire himself) get 9 temp hp as well as +1 to all defenses till end of encounter)

-The gnome near Hrav steps away from the bugbear and puts his back to the wall next to the warforged. It flicks its wand twice a Hrav, but the rogue has seen this before and times his dodge perfectly to avoid both bolts this time.

-The new gnome backs away from Beyrk before flinging two bolts right into the bards face. (10 radiant damage on a crit (lost 9 temp hps and 1 regular hp), dazed till save ends, and slid one square to AC23)

-The pseudodragons take turns flying into the room to sting at Quagmire before flying back out past the dazed bard to return to the safety of the hallway. One of the two manages to get past the hobgoblins defenses and injure him with its poisoned tail stinger. (5 damage and 5 ongoing poison damage to Quagmire.)

-Beyrk, Dang't, and Girth can go again...
[sblock=Init/Status/Map]PC's except for Quagmire have +1 to all defenses till end of encounter!

23- Hrav [23/41hp, 9 THP]
21- Alex [27/47hp, 9 THP]
20- Quagmire [31/36hp - ongoing 5 poison damage(save ends)]
20- Gnome Arcanist 1 [-17 hp]
20- Gnome Arcanist 2 [-11 hp, grants CA till end of Dang'ts next turn and has -2 AC; invisible]
19- Pseudodragon 1 [no damage]
19- Pseudodragon 2 [no damage]
19- Beyrk [18/30hp, dazed (save ends)]
17- Dang't [23/27hp, 9 THP - ongoing 5 poison damage(save ends)(+1AC till start of next turn)]
16- Girth [32/40hp, 9 THP]
12- Warforged 2 [-16 hp]
12- Warforged 3 [-25 hp]

attachment.php
[/sblock]
Gnome 1 vs. Hrav Fort and Will Gnome 2 vs. Beyrk Fort and Will (1d20+6=13, 1d6+4=9, 1d20+7=12, 1d20+6=26, 1d6+4=5, 1d20+7=18)
Pseudodragon 1 & 2 vs. Quagmire AC 19(+1) (1d20+8=27, 1d8+4=5, 1d20+8=10, 1d8+4=10)

Attachments

• RR Entrance 8.JPG
    RR Entrance 8.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 284

Erekose13

Explorer
Beyrk tries to shake off the daze as the gnome's spell takes effect.

[sblock=ooc]would continue with my post but IC is down and its kinda important if he can get rid of the daze before starting.

Actions:
When affected by daze: Hobgoblin Resilience = save vs. daze (IC down)
Start: n/a
Move:
Standard:
Minor:
End: save
[sblock=stat block]Beyrk Verkunder - Male Hobgoblin Bard 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 11, Low-Light Vision
AC: 17, Fort: 14, Reflex: 12, Will: 16 - Speed: 5
HP: 18/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 0

Powers:
Misdirected Mark
Warsong Strike

Hobgoblin Resilience
Majestic Word 2
Words of Friendship
Shout of Triumph

Slayer's Song[/sblock][/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Bolstered by Quagmire, Dang't is nevertheless still stung by the poison, weakening some of his resolve. Knowing he has to help his new friends, he gathers the lightning, waiting for the annoying drakes to come back, ducking down while he waits.[sblock=Actions]Use stealth to hide from P1, P2, and G2 (no LOS) to gain CA: Stealth +6. Ready to use Chaos Bolt against first P that flies by: +4 (+6 w/ CA) vs Will; 1d10+8 psychic damage and repeat secondary attacks against new targets (+4/+6 vs Will; 1d6+4) so long as he rolls evens on attacks. Can't roll for save; IC is down.[/sblock][sblock=Dang't (Poisoned).]Dang't—Male Goblin Storm Sorcerer 1
Initiative: +4, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 15, Fort: 12, Reflex: 15, Will: 16 — Speed: 6
HP: 23+4/27, Bloodied: 13, Surge: 6, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Storm Walk
Chaos Bolt

Thunder Slam
Lightning Breath
Goblin Tactics

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Beyrk manages to throw off the dazing effect before it can really take hold. He takes a step forward and unleashes a loud booming voice the rocks the room holding the pseudodragons and the other gnome.

[sblock=ooc]Actions:
When affected by daze: Hobgoblin Resilience = save vs. daze save (1d20=12) = saved
Start: n/a
Move: shift forward 1.
Standard: shout of triumph. vs. P1, G2, P2 (1d20+5=25, 1d20+5=23, 1d20+5=24, 1d6+4=5) = crit! hit? hit! = 10 dmg/5dmg?/5dmg
Minor:
End: save
[sblock=stat block]Beyrk Verkunder - Male Hobgoblin Bard 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 11, Low-Light Vision
AC: 17, Fort: 14, Reflex: 12, Will: 16 - Speed: 5
HP: 18/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 0

Powers:
Misdirected Mark
Warsong Strike

Hobgoblin Resilience
Majestic Word 2
Words of Friendship
Shout of Triumph

Slayer's Song[/sblock][/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Sorry this has sat for a couple days everybody. Had a busy weekend here and hoped that Digger would post Girth's actions in my time away. And now I don't have enough time this morning to NPC Girth, do the warforged actions, and NPC Alex for the start of next round. If Digger hasn't posted by tomorrow morning, I'll NPC him and update the round then. Thanks to all for hanging in there. Hopefully Digger isn't dissapearing like Ata seems to have done. It's ironic that the pc's who's backgrounds gave me the best ideas for sequels keep disappearing for some reason. :mad:

The Digger

First Post
With a squeal of rage Girth unleashed an eldritch blast of power at the pseudo-dragon-flanked gnome. But with an even greater squeal of frustration he watched the burst fly past the target.

[sblock=OOC]Eldritch Blast: missed![/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Sorry: been in hospital and still not 100% so may be some delays [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases