Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

garyh

First Post
Hrav vaults over Quagmire and Alex, safely landing in the crowded room. The bugbear then stabs one of the warforged before the construct can think to dodge this new threat.

"Just gimme a sec," Hrav calls to his pals, "and I'll be able to start stabbing these things until I can find what passes for vital organs!"

[sblock=Tactics]The obvious plan is for Hrav to get flanking on his next turn and go to town. I didn't really see a way for him to melee with W3, and I wanted to make sure I can get into flanking as soon as possible.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mechanics]
Move action - Shift to Z22 using Tumble.

Standard action - Piercing Strike against W1.

Piercing Strike vs W1 (1d20+10=21, 1d10+5=11)

Hits Reflex 21 for 11 damage. If I somehow miss with my 21 vs Reflex, I want to use Nasty Backswing, shifting to Y23 with the free shift. I figure I hit, though.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue (Fighter) 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 18, Low-Light Vision
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 19, Will: 14 - Speed: 6
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 11, Surges left: 7/8
Action Points: 1
Resists: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison

Powers:
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Nasty Backswing
Predatory Eye
Second Wind (Item: may use two surges when bloodied)
Student of the Sword +1 and Mark
Torturous Strike
Tumble

Handspring Assault
Acidic Rapier Ranged Attack (Encounter)
Acidic Rapier Ongoing Damage (Daily)
Deathcut Leather Armor (Daily)
Potion of Healing x1

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
With some direction, Beyrk attacks the warforged in the corner with a similarly placed taunt but over the din of battle it likely proves ineffective.

[sblock=ooc]Actions:
Start: n/a
Standard: misdirected mark vs. W3 refl (1d20+5=14, 1d8+5=11)
Move: n/a
Minor: n/a
End: n/a
[sblock=stat block]Beyrk Verkunder - Male Hobgoblin Bard 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 11, Low-Light Vision
AC: 17, Fort: 14, Reflex: 12, Will: 16 - Speed: 5
HP: 30/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 0

Powers:
Misdirected Mark
Warsong Strike

Hobgoblin Resilience
Majestic Word
Words of Friendship 2
Shout of Triumph

Slayer's Song[/sblock][/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Hrav vaults over Quagmire and Alex, safely landing in the crowded room. The bugbear then stabs one of the warforged before the construct can think to dodge this new threat. (Hit W1 for 11 damage.)

-Quagmire inspires Alex to keep fighting. (Heals 16 hp of damage to Alex) He strikes out at the warforged in the corner, but can't pierce its tough armor. (No bonus to hit for anyone else since his Warlord's Strike missed.)

-The door to the north behind the warforged opens up and a gnome stands in the doorway behind it taking in the scene and pointing its wand from target to target as if counting. Stopping with his wand pointed at Hrav, he flicks it twice in quick succession, nailing the surprised bugbear both times with bolts of energy. The first one strikes right in his face, blinding and burning him with its light momentarily. The second bolt flies towards him unseen and the fear of what it might do overcomes Hrav for a moment, causing him to retreat backwards a step or two into the wall beside Alex. (First bolt hits for 6 damage and Hrav is dazed until save ends. Second bolt hits sliding him back one square.)

-Beyrk taunts the warforged that Quagmire swung at, but with no more success than the hobgoblin had before him.

-Dang't and Girth can go now, since Beyrk already jumped the gun and went even though I requested nobody past Quagmire to go since I knew the Gnome was coming in at that initiative. His punishment is not getting to change his actions even though there is a new target on the field. ;):p[sblock=Init/Status/Map]23- Hrav [35/41hp; dazed(save ends)]
21- Alex [39/47hp]
20- Quagmire [36/36hp]
20- Gnome Arcanist [no damage]
19- Beyrk [30/30hp]
17- Dang't [21/27hp]
16- Girth [32/40hp]
12- Warforged 1 [-24 hp]
12- Warforged 2 [-16 hp]
12- Warforged 3 [-15 hp]

attachment.php
[/sblock][sblock= Alex stats]Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 3
Initiative:+2 Passive perception:14 Passive Insight:13
AC:20 For:18 Ref:15 Will:14
HP:39/47 Bloodied:23 Surges value:11 Surges/day:8/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:1 Second Wind:1
Basic Attack: +10 vs AC, 1d12+6
Opportunity attack: +12 vs AC, 1d12+6
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron, Pass forward
Covering Attack, Sweeping blow
Comeback strike[/sblock]
Gnome Arcanist init (1d20+1=20)
At Hrav: Scintillating Bolt vs. Fort and Startling Glamor vs. Will (1d20+6=23, 1d6+4=6, 1d20+7=17)

Attachments

• RR Entrance 4.JPG
    RR Entrance 4.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 3,908
Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ducking so he can see, the little goblin sees the gnome and yells, Stupid gnome! Dang't show you! Blue lightning erupts from the goblin's eyes, and the air between him and the gnome bends with the force of the shock that slams the wizard to the floor![sblock=Actions]Dang't shifts to AC23 then Storm Walk vs G: Crit! for 17 thunder damage, G is slid to Y23 and knocked prone. Dang't gains +1 AC TENT. Dang't then shifts back to where he started.[/sblock][sblock=Dang't]Dang't—Male Goblin Storm Sorcerer 1
Initiative: +4, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 15, Fort: 12, Reflex: 15, Will: 16 — Speed: 6
HP: 21/27, Bloodied: 13, Surge: 6, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Storm Walk
Chaos Bolt

Thunder Slam
Lightning Breath
Goblin Tactics

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]: What are the funny marks in the room? Do they affect movement? Girth will post tomorrow - it's late now.[/sblock]

The circle in Z21 is a table and the three things around it are chairs. Affecting movement? Hmmm. I could see them being difficult terrain, but I could also see just moving around them. If you are going to step up on them I'll say its difficult terrain. Otherwise, just move around them without difficulty.

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Dang't floors the gnome with his electric attack. You see it fall to the floor before it disappears utterly from sight.

-Girth unleashes an eldritch blast at the nearest warforged (W3), but it manages to dodge at the last second. (IC is down, so I rolled manually for this attack. 1d20+6=12 vs. Reflex)
[sblock=Girth's stats]Girth Snowbird- male half elf Warlock (Star Pact) Level 3
Passive Perception: +11, Passive Insight: +18
AC:15, Fort:16, Reflex:15, Will:16 - Speed:6
HP:32/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:10/10
Initiative: +6, Action Points:1/1, Second Wind:0/1
Feats: Improved Fate of the Void; Distant Advantage

Powers:-Eldritch Blast: Dire Radiance
Vampiric Embrace: Scorching Burst: Frigid Darkness
Dread Star
Ethereal Stride[/sblock]
-The Warforged attack in unison once more, one swinging at Hrav and the other two at Alex. Hrav gets hit and one of the warforged gets through Alex's defenses as well. (1d20+10=22 vs. Hrav AC19; 1d20+10=17 vs. Alex AC20; 1d20+10=25 vs. Alex AC20. Damage= 1d8+4=6 for Hrav and 1d8+4=8 for Alex.)

-Alex swings his axe horizontally in front of him, trying to cleave through one and into the other warforged, but the first target stops the blow on his shield. (1d20+10=13 which misses the warforged's AC.)
[sblock= Alex stats]Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 3
Initiative:+2 Passive perception:14 Passive Insight:13
AC:20 For:18 Ref:15 Will:14
HP:39/47 Bloodied:23 Surges value:11 Surges/day:8/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:1 Second Wind:1
Basic Attack: +10 vs AC, 1d12+6
Opportunity attack: +12 vs AC, 1d12+6
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron, Pass forward
Covering Attack, Sweeping blow
Comeback strike[/sblock]
-Hrav and Quagmire can go.

[sblock=Init/Status/Map]23- Hrav [29/41hp; dazed(save ends)]
21- Alex [31/47hp]
20- Quagmire [36/36hp]
20- Gnome Arcanist [-17 hp (prone, invisible)]
19- Beyrk [30/30hp]