+ Log in or register to post
Results 1 to 10 of 58
Monday, 6th July, 2009, 11:44 PM #1
Scout (Lvl 6)
Fantasy Grounds 2 Version of WotBS
If anyone here is using the Fantasy Grounds 2 virtual tabletop software, I am creating modules for War of the Burning Sky as the PDFs are released. EnWorld has graciously agreed to distribute it on the Burning Sky page and you can download it from there any time. However, it is password protected. You will find the question next to the download link. The answer is in the appropriate PDF you received.
The answer to that question will open the zip. Out will come a .mod file, which you can place in the Fantasy Grounds 2 Application Data directory's "modules" folder. Once you've done that, start up your campaign, open the modules manager in the top right, and drag open the book for the module. Then click the tab in your Story, Personality, Encounter, and Images scrolls to access the data. Start with the (Table of Contents) entry under Story for easy access!
Feel free to post any feedback about the module here. I will fix any reported mistakes.
Currently, modules 1-6 are available.
NOTE: The modules get better as they go. The early modules sometimes contain links to Items, Rituals, or other things to which the link is broken. Usually these blocks can be found by looking at the Library entry for the module.
Last edited by EugeneZ; Friday, 8th October, 2010 at 04:51 AM.
Tuesday, 7th July, 2009, 02:49 AM #2
Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)
Wednesday, 8th July, 2009, 02:44 AM #3
Novice (Lvl 1)
That's incredible, Eugene! Thank you so very much for doing this.
Wednesday, 8th July, 2009, 03:42 AM #4
Guide (Lvl 11)
- Join Date
- Sep 2003
- Cary, NC
- Read 0 Reviews
ø Block catsclaw227
I am assuming it is the 4e version, right? And what additional items do you need to download to run it in FG2 for 4e? Isn't there a framework that can be downloaded?
Wednesday, 8th July, 2009, 04:48 AM #5
Scout (Lvl 6)
Yes, the module is for the 4e version of Burning Sky. It's based on the 4E_JPG ruleset, which neither myself nor, I presume, EnWorld, can distribute for legal reasons. I'm not even sure I'm allowed to link to it. However, if you own the Fantasy Grounds 2 product, finding the 4E_JPG ruleset should be pretty easy, either on Google or their own forums. Sorry I can't help more than that.
Edit: However, I can help with anything BUT finding the ruleset. Once you have it, unzip it into the rulesets folder of your FG2 data dir. Feel free to post here or in the FG2 forums if you are having trouble or don't know what to do next.
Last edited by EugeneZ; Wednesday, 8th July, 2009 at 04:52 AM. Reason: more clarification
Thursday, 9th July, 2009, 04:58 AM #6
Scout (Lvl 6)
Someone asked about token resizing, an important issue considering I left all the maps in the original scale (the cleaned up maps were actually kindly provided to me by a fellow DM, whose credits are in the module).
Here's the answer I gave him, in case anyone find it useful:
Here is what you should do:
1) When you open up a map for the first time, drop any token onto it.
2) Use your mousewheel to zoom into the map. You should see that the map zooms, but the token does not.
3) Keep zooming until the token fits neatly into a grid square or whatever size you want it to be.
4) Right click on the token, select the "Lock Token Scale" option. I believe it's on the bottom left. It's similar but functionally different from the "Lock Tokens" button which prevents players from being able to manipulate the token.
5) Zoom back out and you should see that the token now shrinks along with the map.
6) Other tokens dropped onto the map also use the same scale.
The letters use a 50x50 format. If your player tokens are larger/smaller, that may clash with my tokens, even if you are using the system above. If yours are for example 100x100, even if you use the steps above, your tokens will be twice bigger.
There are two ways to avoid that:
1) Resize individual tokens. Depending on if there are more PCs or enemies, simply place the token down on the map by dragging it from the combat tracker. Then use your scrollwheel (possibly while holding Ctrl, don't remember) on the token *in the combat tracker*, not on the map. The token is on the left side. you should see a small number, indicating the relative size of that token, and you should see the token resize on the map.
That method may either be too annoying or impossible if you don't use the combat tracker tokens or some other reason.
2) Use your own tokens. The Fantasy Grounds forums has a number of them available. It's usually best to just use the same type of tokens you are using for your players. The fastest way to replace my tokens is if you use the Encounters scroll. This assumes most of the time, you use the Encounters to populate enemies into the combat tracker. If you drag'n'drop personalities, you have to go through them one by one.
Either way you do it, open up the encounter or personality entry, and drag'n'drop tokens from your token box onto the old token. When you populate the combat tracker, your tokens will be used. Then use the steps above to lock the tokens to the map's scale.
As an aside, I am hoping to resize the maps in #2 to a 50x50 scale so they are uniform. I'm not sure if everyone prefers them that way or if people prefer the original size. After all, you can just do the resizing in FG2. The main benefit would be that it's easier to figure out how to grid each map, since they will all be 50px.
Last edited by EugeneZ; Thursday, 9th July, 2009 at 04:59 AM. Reason: removing original quote, no reason to have it here
Saturday, 11th July, 2009, 09:56 PM #7
Hi I just downloaded it and entered the password but it does not accept it, I have a subscription tot he 4E path and was a subscriber to the 3.5 path also.
Must be doing soemthing wrong but I could Pm you what I am typing to see if I am doing soemthing wrong?
Saturday, 11th July, 2009, 10:33 PM #8
Scout (Lvl 6)
I sent you back a PM. In retrospect, our choice of question was rather poor. I'll send Morrus a PM to see if we can improve the situation for the second adventure (which I am in the middle of converting now, BTW).
Saturday, 11th July, 2009, 10:37 PM #9
Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)
Did you do all lowercase? Reason I ask I skimmed it and missed that key point!
Last edited by Talysian; Saturday, 11th July, 2009 at 11:10 PM.
Saturday, 11th July, 2009, 11:19 PM #10
Hydra (Lvl 25)
Yeah, as EugeneZ says, our choce of question isn't the best.
For clarification: it's the FIRST name only of the Shahalesti spy who resides at Gabal's school and has a solon familiar, all in lower case.
By vballrican in forum EN Publishing, WOIN, ZEITGEIST, WotBS, & Worlds of 2000ADReplies: 1Last Post: Sunday, 5th May, 2013, 08:46 PM
By gban007 in forum EN Publishing, WOIN, ZEITGEIST, WotBS, & Worlds of 2000ADReplies: 2Last Post: Thursday, 7th February, 2013, 07:46 AM
By Dracomaxis in forum EN Publishing, WOIN, ZEITGEIST, WotBS, & Worlds of 2000ADReplies: 3Last Post: Thursday, 18th February, 2010, 07:55 PM
By EugeneZ in forum EN Publishing, WOIN, ZEITGEIST, WotBS, & Worlds of 2000ADReplies: 3Last Post: Wednesday, 9th September, 2009, 03:37 AM
By Bobitron in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media LoungeReplies: 10Last Post: Tuesday, 28th June, 2005, 02:24 AM