Chicago Gameday XXIII is July 18th: SIGN UP!

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
And I just want to point out that, technically, players will be playing a protagonist and an antagonist, rather than a hero and a villain. It sounds nitpicky, but those specific literary terms are used for a reason. Not that anyone here will care, but I'm the kind of rectal concavity who just *has* to point stuff like that out.

Also, "GATTACA" cannot have an "I" in it, because the letters are a DNA sequence, and there are only 4 letters that appear in those- G, T, C, and A. Again, the only person who will care is me, but I can't help myself.

Also also, 3:16- Carnage Among the Stars is an indie game, and is specifically and entirely about racking up kills. (At least on the surface.) Whether or not a game is about killing or not, and whether or not it's an indie game, are completely unrelated issues.

Yes, I'm done being an indie gaming nitpicker now. We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum.

And finally, there's no GM in Shock:. Unless you're gonna not play and just facilitate. If that's the case, then I salute your willingness to deprive yourself for the benefit of others. You da man.
I know protag/antag is different than hero/villain, but I was simplifying things for folk who might not be used to literary terms in a rpg. We will be playing *Tagonists as the game describes.

I never knew that about Gattaca. Thanks!

Although we should restrict this debate for breakfast, I would argue that 3:16 is "small press" rather than indie and that indie, as a whole, utilizes a literary perspective in their gaming. Let's argue over coffee that morning!

I know Shock is GM-less (another indie hallmark) and I will be playing. However, I will be the final judge for any contentious issues that cannot be resolved without dragging down the gameplay.

Lastly, none of this was nitpicky. (At least not to me.) Annoying and overly verbose, maybe. ;) But not nitpicky.

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Let's argue over coffee that morning!

Done and done.

Lastly, none of this was nitpicky. (At least not to me.) Annoying and overly verbose, maybe. ;) But not nitpicky.

Nitpicky is the word EW used to censor the word I actually used, which was marginally offensive (apologies to whomever had to do that).

Although, in this case, it's a fairly accurate replacement, if less amusing.

Feanor Liberius

First Post
Please sign me up for Slot 2 (Afternoon) Game 1: The Lost Temple of Lorensis. Finally I get to play along side Hinter - that will be interesting!

Mark - any objection to me and the kids coming to play the minis game in the morning? They have so enjoyed it...

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Please sign me up for Slot 2 (Afternoon) Game 1: The Lost Temple of Lorensis. Finally I get to play along side Hinter - that will be interesting!

Mark - any objection to me and the kids coming to play the minis game in the morning? They have so enjoyed it...

Excellent on all counts! :)

Ninjacat

First Post
O Mighty And Grand Organizer Buzz:

This is the birthday ninja sucking up to you one more time for an addendum: I've got a guest coming in from out of town who would like to join my games, so can you put "Nic" down for TZG:CotN & SPN? Yes, that would be adding a seat to my pm event, which is why I changed it to five seats from my initial description of six in the first place. ;)

-Thanks!

Oh, and we'll both be at breakfast, too.

buzz

Adventurer
Please sign up me and my wife for Uncanny Child.
Done!

Done! I added you to both events, James.

O Mighty And Grand Organizer Buzz:

This is the birthday ninja sucking up to you one more time for an addendum: I've got a guest coming in from out of town who would like to join my games, so can you put "Nic" down for TZG:CotN & SPN? Yes, that would be adding a seat to my pm event, which is why I changed it to five seats from my initial description of six in the first place. ;)

-Thanks!

Oh, and we'll both be at breakfast, too.
Done and done!

Feanor Liberius

First Post
My thanks, O Great and Powerful Buzz!

The kids are psyched, Mark. And we get the bonus of having the wife make an appearance later to pick them up!

That's "bonus," mister...

Remove ads