[Tavern] Tower's Shard '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

pathfinderq1

First Post
As the various conversations around the room continued, not everyone was minded to turn their attention away when the door of the tavern slid open almost soundlessly. A figure stood for just a moment, backlit by the sunlight outside- a slender female, clad in leathers, fur, and heavy wool. At first she could be mistaken for a razorclaw, a feline shifter, and it took a careful look to determine that she was actually of elvish descent.

She stepped forward, allowing the door to close behind her, and paused to survey the room- as she did, she leaned forward into a wary crouch, as if ready to spring. A moment later, her scan complete, she relaxed ever so slightly and moved forward towards the bar- despite the heavy pack, bowcase, and quiver of arrows on her back she moved with a feral grace that was uncanny even for an elf.

As she reached the bar, she spoke Brews, her voice a rough purr. "I am told it is custom to give one's name- I am Rikka, called Pouncequick, most recently of those known as the Gatekeepers. Is that enough?" Brews gave a simple nod- that was far from the strangest introduction he had heard, after all. The elven woman nodded in reply, then stepped away to an empty table where she shook off her backpack and quiver, leaning the bowcase against the wall nearby. Then she settled into a crouch atop one of the chairs, watching the door carefully...

pacdidj

First Post
"Ah, I see. Well, I'm just a messenger, I prefer to avoid enemy to keep my parcel safe, but if I have to I strike hard and fast."

Crush's metallic eyes scrutinize the drow closely. "Yes, I'd imagine you do have ways of defending yourself. You seem to be more than a mere messenger. I recognize the touch of magic when I see it, and it lies thick on you friend."

[sblock="ooc @thaco"]I'd be willing to wait as well if you're eager to join a game.[/sblock]

"If I understood you correctly you are without company at the moment. Would you be interested in semi-permanent assignement? It could be even training master position, so you don't have to fight yourself if you're weary of it. Don't worry it's not on Xen'drik despite me being drow."

[sblock=OOC:] this is just my background talking, it's essentially NOT open for PCs since there is no DM for going to Droaam training monsters, but it makes sense in this instance to mention it. Maybe if you decide to retire him later? For now, maybe fitting answer would be along the lines 'let's get to know each other before I commit to such venture' - and we go adventuring together :=)
[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"If I understood you correctly you are without company at the moment. Would you be interested in semi-permanent assignement? It could be even training master position, so you don't have to fight yourself if you're weary of it. Don't worry it's not on Xen'drik despite me being drow."

"I don't know friend, we barely know each other, and I don't know who you work for, or where. Tell me, how did one such as yourself come to Sharn? I've never seen one such as yourself before. You're a 'drow' you say? You look a little bit like a Valenar, but I can tell already you have little or no kinship with those filthy animals."

Crush takes a seat near Darksun, "May I?"

"Oh, we have kinship alright. They left us when giant empire fell to die in battles between giants and dragons. As for how, I traveled, by ship, foot and carriage. Such is the way of messengers. You go where you need to deliver."

EvolutionKB

First Post
Varak approaches the clawfoot slowly as the halfling said, petting the large creature where the halfling had indicated. When the creature shows agitation, the half-orc back away hesitantly.

When the newcomer enters, Varak looks up with attention, thinking it an old friend. It was an elf though. When she speaks her loyalties, the half-orc raises his hand to Brews. "Two drinks! A water, and whatever she wants," he says pointing to the elf. "Join me for a drink? I think we may have something in common."

[sblock=New tavern Thread]http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/270355-tavern-towers-shard-2010-a.html#post5052238[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads