[Tavern] Tower's Shard '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velmont

First Post
River turns his head around. "Yes, I am an healer. House Jorasco have taught me a few things that my powers and dragonmark cannot help, and hangover is one thing that is better treated by that herbal mix than by any kind of power... or at least, powers shouldn't be wasted on that, at least in time of war."

Atanatotatos

First Post
Ah yes yes. You speak right. Older friends back in tribe also hade their cure. The punch in stomach and yell Throw! Throw!!
But, that is not too good for tummy, either...
Thusk's brow furrows as he seems to be reminded of not-so-pleasant memories...

CaBaNa

First Post
A shadow pass' by the window, the floor gives a slight squeak, but otherwise nothing else changed in the tavern.

[sblock=Passive Perception 24]

You spot a diminutive gnome hop through the open window, his clothing seems nothing but grey folds of cloth wrapped about his frame. Padded feet hint at touching the ground before the nimble creature tucks into a roll behind the nearest booth. There he remains hidden peeking out, waiting for a moment to switch to the next booth, eyeing his eventual prize... Talking to the barkeep, from behind the bar...

roll check
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]

Pok d'Sivis, now in the tavern, and waiting for an adventure!

The above stealth check does not include the footpads, and camo clothing, as they aren't approved yet...

His sister Roswyn should be along any time now...

[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
The door opens. Sunlight streams in, framing a small figure standing on the threshold, green hair glinting in the bright light. Then, she steps in and closes the door. It is a gnome woman wearing fine silks that shimmer in the tavern's dim air. A dragonmark is visible against the golden skin of her neck and shoulder.

She looks around, wide-eyed and uncertain for a moment. Then, she smiles broadly, revealing deep dimples. "Well! Look at this place! I always seem to stumble upon the most interesting places when I get lost..."

She advances towards the bar, nodding and grinning at the strangers she passes as if they were old acquaintances.

"Hello, everybody. I'm Roswyn. What's the best thing to drink in here that won't kill me?"

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=OOC to CaBaNa] I think I may be the only one in here that could and DID (God i love having a passive perception of 29 ^_^) spot the little one, even if you include the currently unapproved apparel. [/sblock]

The kalashtar spots a slight motion and hears the movment of air rushing in from the window. A mental greeting gently fades into the gnomes ears.

"Welcome friend. Pull up a chair and be seen. We are all allies and companions here."

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Familiar with most forms communication, Pok gives a mental smile, more of a happy emotion, *Kalashtar, Pok. You win this round.* thinks the apprehensive gnome.

Pok sticks his head out, and quickly pulls it back in. *Nope, not coming out, too many people. You could order a drink for me though! I may come out after that...* Several flavors are brought to mind, and impressed toward the Kalashtar. Burning Marshmallows, and caramel, apples, and chocolate.

Vertexx69

First Post
"Well there Roswyn have a seat. You can never have too many finger wiggler types around." Rohna indicates one of the few remaining chairs at her table. "Its been a while since an job's come through the door so it should be anytime now. Better get some food in yuh before you get whisked away on some whirlwind adventure." The little goliath's face crinkles in a friendly way as she smiles, the red veins in her basalt black skin seem to glow just a bit as they vanish into the creases in her face. Her own dragonmark seems to pulse as the other mark draws near.

OOC - grrr enworld is making me angry. How bad was that virus? Or are the moderators just that slow to fix the problem? This is how bad it was before that last major overhaul.

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
Smiling both psychically and physically at the gnome, Lanharath raises a hand and shouts out to the bartender.

"Brews! We have a few new guests! Please bring us a couple of mugs of hot cocoa, with lots of marshmallows, and if you have any dessert, we would like some apple pie with caramel sauce, either on the side or on top is fine."

Lanharath turns his head towards the door and motions for the female gnome to come closer, then he also mentally motions for Pok to join him.

"Roswyn, Pok, please take a seat over here with us!"

Lanharath motions to the two empty seats at his table while one of Brews' helpers place the beverages and the dessert on the table before them with extra plates for all. He places a gold coin on the servers tray and smiles warmly at her.

One might wonder why it is that Lanharath had not been so generous before, yet now in the presence of gnomes his charity seems to have blossomed. This was simple. Lanharath has always liked gnomes. While training with The Thousand Yard Stare, Lanharath had been training partners with a jovial gnome that everyone called "Sneaker". They spent many hours doing training exercises where Sneaker would hide and Lanharath would have to find him. Their training ground was about five acres in size, so finding a lone gnome who specialized in stealth tactics was no easy task. Lanharath became good friends with the gnome during these training exercises and still is, though he has lost touch with the small fellow since the day he left The Thousand Yard Stare.

ryryguy

First Post
"Well there Roswyn have a seat. You can never have too many finger wiggler types around." Rohna indicates one of the few remaining chairs at her table. "Its been a while since an job's come through the door so it should be anytime now. Better get some food in yuh before you get whisked away on some whirlwind adventure." The little goliath's face crinkles in a friendly way as she smiles, the red veins in her basalt black skin seem to glow just a bit as they vanish into the creases in her face. Her own dragonmark seems to pulse as the other mark draws near.

Roswyn grins back at the goliath. "Thank you! But I'm not really looking for a job. I already have a job, with my House. But adventure, now... that could be interesting. What sort of adventure are you hoping for?"

The gnome glances down at the dragonmark on the goliath's chest. Her grin grows slightly wider. A goliath with a mark! And if I'm not mistaken, that kalashtar and even that shifter are bearing marks as well! By the Host, half the aberrant marks in Breland are probably gathered in this room! That prophecy sage was definitely on to something..

[sblock=OOC]Regarding dragonmarks... it's not clear how easy it is to spot one on somebody. Can they just be covered up with clothing? (If so, what's the point of the Conceal Dragonmark ritual?) Can you detect them with Arcana? Also, I'm calling them "aberrant" marks even though they are "house" marks, because in a story sense, cross-race marks are aberrant... even a mark on the "right" race but outside the House bloodlines would be considered aberrant by some.[/sblock]

Smiling both psychically and physically at the gnome, Lanharath raises a hand and shouts out to the bartender.

"Brews! We have a few new guests! Please bring us a couple of mugs of hot cocoa, with lots of marshmallows, and if you have any dessert, we would like some apple pie with caramel sauce, either on the side or on top is fine."

Lanharath turns his head towards the door and motions for the female gnome to come closer, then he also mentally motions for Pok to join him.

"Roswyn, Pok, please take a seat over here with us!"

Lanharath motions to the two empty seats at his table while one of Brews' helpers place the beverages and the dessert on the table before them with extra plates for all. He places a gold coin on the servers tray and smiles warmly at her.

"Pok!" Roswyn cries happily as she looks around the room. "I thought that toe I saw briefly in the window there looked familiar... Please, come out and let me hug you!" She turns back to Rohna and inclines her head apologetically. "Pok is my little brother, so I'll be joining that other table over there - but thanks for your kind offer! Maybe you'd like to join us there too - ?"

The gnome heads over to the kalashtar's table, and curtsies. "Greetings, sir. Thank you for your hospitality! I would love some cocoa and pie, thank you. What might your name be? Mine is Roswyn d'Sivis, if you didn't catch it before."

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases