[Tavern] Tower's Shard '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek, who has been shyly watching the conversation, has begun to model one of the towers of Sharn—made of utensils, paper, and other detritus. He is very intent on the construction, adding each piece very carefully but with precise hands.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Seeing the half-orc artificer begin making a very well made tower on the table, Valahad shakes his head. Surely the half-orc could not be that daft as to where his earlier question couldn't penetrate his thoughts. The kalashtar reaches out again, "That seems an accurate representation; how long have you been in the city?" Valahad looks carefully at the half-orcs reaction, trying to determine if he was being ignored.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The kalashtar's thoughts echo in the Tondrek'ss mind, "What were you doing to make so much noise?"
Surely the half-orc could not be that daft as to where his earlier question couldn't penetrate his thoughts. The kalashtar reaches out again, "That seems an accurate representation; how long have you been in the city?"
Deep in concentration, Tondrek faces scrunches up a moment like a a confused child. He scratches his ear as if hearing a buzzing. Then he raps his forehead a moment. He looks up around the room. Someone hear something? Talking but not? Maybe telempathetic projection? Someone in our brains? He whistles lowly.

As for the kalashtar... reaching out to Tondrek's mind was like reaching into a beehive—there was lots of frenetic activity there, all abuzz at once. It is little wonder the deceptively simple halfork may have missed his missive considering how busy the boy's mind was.[sblock=Evo]Missed the mindlink entirely; thought you were talking to the other half-orc[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
The kalashtar raises his arm at the half-orc, "I am Valahad," the kalashtar says smiling. "How long have you been in the city? You can speak back to me this way if you wish" Speaking to the artificer was good for a change. The voices of those possessed by the quori was much more...unpleasant.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Ah, welcome to our humble gathering of all corners of the world. It's nice to see another of the fairer sex in here, Rohna was probably feeling uncomfortable with all these men around" Tamarand teases, tossing a wink to the shifter.

He strides over to the lady, taking her hand in his and bowing slightly before here. "I'm known simply as Tamarand by my friends and I hope I can count you among them. How in the Khyber's name did you receive such a brutal mark?" Tamarand asks genuinely.

"What? Oh, yeah. Well, these," she points at the three scars running down her face, "I got, oh, about a dozen years ago when a starving wolf attacked me. I was able to hold back its head, but not its claws. I was lucky not to lose my eye. I was also lucky that the friend I was hunting with was quick to shoot the animal off me."

"As for this,"
now she points at her lips, "This I got a few years ago because I didn't pull my head back quick enough when an Aundairian soldier took a swing at me with his blade. He split my lip, but I split his skull, so I came out ahead I think." Alexia smiles slightly at the memory.

She then shrugs, "In truth, there's not much to say about them. I have many scars, and most of them tell the same story: either I was stupid but got lucky, or someone tried to kill me and didn't. Sometimes both.

From this distance, the symbol on her rosary is visible. Those of you familiar with such matters recognize it as the Blood of Vol blood drop.

[The barmaid] returns shortly, a plate of hearty bread in her hands. "From the kalastar," she says, nodding in his direction.

Alexia hesitates for a moment, then turns towards the kalashtar. "Hey, thanks," she murmurs. She then grabs the bread and begins eating quickly.

Vertexx69

First Post
Rohna turns to the newest half orc to join them. "You know if your father came here, the gaurdians of the gate might of snatched him right? They hate anyone thats not human or from here. They took my father when I was little, and nobody ever saw him again. And he was just trying to help with the war when we first moved here. Those evil cowards'll will corner a newcomer with eight or ten men against one, and they just dissappear." Rohnas gaze seems to get that faraway look and her features soften into an almost innocent expression. "He only wanted to help them..." Her brow then refurrows and her lip lets the start of a snarl form before that too vanishes and she seem as she did before.

ukingsken

First Post
Deciding that Rohna has ignored his question entirely, Cleaver turns his head towards the scarred blood of Vol initiate.

Do you find strength in the blood? I always found their position rather curious, although much like that of my people. We both seek that which is lost to us, and many feel the means are within themselves, in the blood as you would say.

And I too have been often lucky in battle. Fortunately my superior design allows me to erase the scars of my battles.

It is becoming ever more apparent that while good natured, Cleaver has no concept of appropriate social behaviour.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Using the back of her hand, Alexia wipes crumbs from her mouth before responding to the warforged. "So, we have something in common then. I must say, it is refreshing. I am usually not welcomed so readily where I travel."

"Perhaps you believe it is better to remove your scars. I disagree. They are as much a part of me as anything else. They remind me of where I've been, and what I've endured. Brushes with death should never be forgotten. That leads to complacency. Which in turn, can lead to death"

She takes another bite of the bread and swallows it down after a couple chews. "Hey, what's your name, anyway?"

Vertexx69

First Post
The spirit tiger sits up and puts its head in Rohnas lap. "Oh this is Mitra my childhood friend. She's just always been there for me."

[sblock=@ Ukingsken]Hehe I didn't even see your post there :p it must be the dark green speech text that did it.:angel:[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads