New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

garyh

First Post
"I dun like talkin' any more than I have to, so I'm not goin' into the whole thing until a couple more folks show up. Fer now I'll tell ya that a small town by the name of Hilgrund is havin' some trouble. They're bein' hit hard by goblin raiders, and apparently there's something strange goin' on with the wildlife too."

"Something strange with the wildlife?" Growl muses. "I must investigate this. Goblins and nature amiss demand my attention."

OOC: I'd love to figure out a way to get KenHood's new character into the group. :)

KenHood

First Post
The gnome finishes the bottle of whiskey and hurls it against the wall.

He scowls...

Maybe he just continues scowling...

Or maybe he's smiling...

Uh, with all those scars, it's hard to tell.

With a growl, he pulls out a cigarette and lights it. A long drag turns the entire stick of tobacco into ash. He lights another cigarette off the end of the first, then allows the smoke to dribble from his mouth, while he sucks it into his nose.

"Godfrey ***** Daniels, ladies and gentlemen," the gnome says, "What is this ***** world comin' to? When Hacker Brass says 'Jump', people reply, 'How high?' It is a sad ***** state of affairs, when the most gods-***** interestin' gnome in the world, can't even get the ***** time of day in a tavern, in the middle of the big ***** city! I tell you what, I am goin' to close my eyes and count to three. When I'm done, if nobody offers me a gods-***** job and nobody else demonstrates the testicular fortitude to join my ***** party, then I am gonna dig in my little black backpack and pull out my little black book, and I am gonna write down the name of every person into whose ***** I shove my little black boot!"

"ONE!"

[sblock=Hacker's Character Sheet]He's still a work in progress, but I've finished the fluff. I reckon he'll be ready to go by the time we start an adventure. Hacker Brass! See? Your character already KNOWS Hacker Brass.[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Veruzak laughs at the little abomination, if only it was as intelligent as it was nasty...
There's a seat open over here, next to those who will be as gods. the Eladrin smiles, it was just a matter of time now...

Pulling out a couple of forms, Veruzak hands one to each of the members, and begins to fill one out himself. The first step to having a properly recognized society, is paperwork. We still need a name. Please sign your name under members list, if you have to run along have fun...

With the paperwork started, the formation of something was official, and if one of these two didn't give a name for it, Veruzak would name it.

[sblock=OOC]

If no one comes up with a decent name, or some mild direction for the arcane society to head, Veruzak will start filling in the blanks.

I'll note the society as a Tag on Veruzak's sheet, as well as make a wiki entry for it when I get the time. Maybe even post a note in the Screamer... :)

[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit looks towards the paperwork. Then he looks towards the gnome. Then he looks towards the paperwork.

"Whatever name you want will be fine," he says. "Let me know when our first meeting is. You can leave a message at the bar. Excuse me. Mr. Brass! Mr. Brass! Hello! I'll be in your party!"

He rushes across the room and skids to a halt at the gnome's feet, panting. When he catches his breath, he continues, "After I make sure the combination is auspicious, of course. Please tell the circumstances of your birth - the date, time, location, and anything you can remember about the disposition of the stars and planets at the time."

dimsdale

First Post
After getting no reply, Kruk shrugs his shoulders, leaves the group and then strides with purpose up to the bar to collect his drinks. He shouts to Grim as he raises his ale, "to dragon slayers!" He then glups it down and flags down the bartender for another ale. He asks "any news of the group who left earlier dealing with a zombie threat."

KenHood

First Post
There's a seat open over here, next to those who will be as gods. the Eladrin smiles, it was just a matter of time now...
Hacker holds out a hand, which the bartender promptly fills with a shotglass of whiskey. The gnome takes another drag on his cigarette, then removes it from his mouth, holding it in the same hand as the shotglass. He exhales a cloud of smoke.

"Son, I've already been a god. And let me tell you, while it was nice, it ain't all it was cracked up to be."

"Let me know when our first meeting is. You can leave a message at the bar. Excuse me. Mr. Brass! Mr. Brass! Hello! I'll be in your party!"
"Wellllll, now," says Hacker with a bow, "Howdy-do, friend. I reckon that clankin' noise I hear when you're a-walkin' is your big, brass pair."

He rushes across the room and skids to a halt at the gnome's feet, panting. When he catches his breath, he continues, "After I make sure the combination is auspicious, of course. Please tell the circumstances of your birth - the date, time, location, and anything you can remember about the disposition of the stars and planets at the time."
"*****, partner, any combination involving ole' Hacker Brass is guaranteed to be auspicious, suspicious, superstitious, salubrious, and any other multi-syllabic word ending in '-ious' that you can possibly imagine. Now, seeing as you're from the Valley of Bone, where--I might mention--I once served as a human sacrifice, I understand your need for the astrological and numerological influences regarding the event of my nativity. However, the multitudinous vicissitudes of my fate have conspired to make such arcane knowledge inaccessible, indeed..."

He pauses to light another cigarette and take a drag.

"...even ***** unknowable. For I knew my mother and father only as a pair of skeletons in an abandoned hut on an unnamed island that now lies at the bottom of the sea. As I was raised by badgers, whom you may or may not know have little to no formalized means of categorizing the seasons and years, I fear I cannot offer even an educated guess regarding the circumstances surrounding my birth. *****, partner, it wasn't until after I was enslaved by them gods-***** reprobates of the Imperium that I even learned what a calendar was."

By now, the gnome is sitting on top of the bar. He leans back, dragging again at this cigarette, appraising 7 Rabbit as he savours the smoke.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
After getting no reply, Kruk shrugs his shoulders, leaves the group and then strides with purpose up to the bar to collect his drinks.

"Hold on there, pal. Let a man finish his drink." Yelder finishes off his ale, wipes his mouth again, and addresses the gathering crowd, "Alright, who's all interested? Don't know if I can take all of you; the mayor's gold can only stretch so far."

[sblock=roster]So, naturally first priority goes to people who aren't currently playing in another adventure. So that leaves us with this:

Defender:
Striker: Alek
Leader: Adran
Controller:
Fifth Wheel: Grim

Filling those empty slots results in this:

Defender: Kruk
Striker: Alek
Leader: Adran
Controller: Feyr or Growl
Fifth Wheel: Grim

I would be willing to take on a sixth (although I rather not), who would be whichever one of the controllers didn't get picked up or Hacker. If you guys want to settle this among yourselves, in or out of character, go ahead. Otherwise I'll figure out some way of handling it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
A halfling steps quietly through the door as the wild gnome finishes his boisterous speech. She can't help but roll her eyes at the spectacle as she decides it's not worth any more of her attention, and then joins Kruck and the bugbear for a celebratory drink.

"Room for one more?" Carolina asks.

CaBaNa

First Post
We'll be in contact... Veruzak makes a note of the new members names, stands, and laying down some coin, walks through the portal into The Drowned Man.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases