New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
The door to the Hanged Man opens once again, and in comes a large dragonborn wearing shining plate armor emblazoned with Apoli-style sunbursts. His eyes narrow a he peers into the gloom, as if seeking someone. Seeing Kamotz and Kruk at a booth, he heads over, stopping at the bar for a "firewater, please," on his way.

Taking a seat, he exhales a tiny puff of flame from his mouth, setting the whiskey alight. He downs it without extinguishing it and then says to Kamotz and Kruk, "any news?"

[sblock=ooc]
I say hold off on the Utility until Divine Power hits. Return From Death's Door is too good to pass up. Death Knell seems pretty nice for the feat; killing something as a minor looks good, but I haven't seen it in play. Of course, that's still a few months off, I think... :(
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=roadtoad]
I think you meant Grakk. I think I might be breaking a rule here. I have both my characters in the tavern at the same time. I should have one of them get out and do an errand to avoid confusion.
[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
[sblock=Divine Power and other new content]
roadtoad,

We've adopted a new method of adding content. New WotC material is automatically allowed one month after publication (for the Dragon, we use the assembled PDF publication), unless someone objects to a specific rules element, in which case that rules element (power, feat, whatever) is held back for Judge voting, and the rest of the material is still allowed.

You can read more at:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/260398-proposal-fix-proposal-system.html

So, the upshot is that Divine Power should be legal in a couple weeks! :)

[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Rolling up his right sleeve he shows Carolina the blue mark on his bicep. "This is mine. Each of us got their scar in a different location. I think they were a result of that magic ... foul magic." The paladin grimaces in recollection, then rolls his sleeve down and concentrates for a moment and his armor suddenly appears on him again, properly fitted.

"You say you learned that they can do something, Rabbit?"

"Not so much DO something. They ARE something. They are called Spellscars, and, as we guessed, they are caused by exposure to foul magic. They are very rare, but I found some accounts of them in the library. Over time, they change. On most people, they slowly fade, but sometimes they will grow or twist, giving the bearer strange powers, or sometimes mutations!

For example, there was an outbreak of spellscars after the Second Wizardly War in Allaria, and the storm sorcerer Donto the Vicious spent a year tracking down and killing as many of the spellscarred as he could find. When they inquisitors caught up to him, they recorded their entire questioning, and he said that while most of the peasants who had developed scars died easily, one was completely resistant to his magic, and reflected all his spells back at him - while another actually bit his leg off when his head grew into a huge pair of glowing jaws! (That's how the inquisitors finally caught up with him - he was delirious with fever for a while.)

Anyway, keep on eye on those scars, and let me know if you feel anything changing,"
Rabbit finishes cheerfully, taking a long pull on his beer. "Hello!" he says happily to the approaching dragonborn.

RedBeardJim

First Post
A slender half-elf enters the room, moving quickly to the table where Kamotz, Grakk and Vrrsk't were talking. Dropping heavily into a chair, Morvannon cradles his head in his arms. "Phoebus' radiant codpiece, I need a drink." Signalling the waiter for a glass of wine, he continues, "I spent the past day talking with Magnus. I just wanted to see if I could learn that trick he does with the keys, but somehow we got to talking about magic in general, the different approaches of his teachers compared to my mother's academy, theoretical limits....Imagine that as a day's topic, then imagine it coming from him. I don't know which direction is up anymore."

When his wine arrives, he downs half of it in one long gulp, then closes his eyes and leans back. "So, how are things with the three of you?"

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz shoots a wry look towards Vrrsk't at the mention of his gods phallic protection, Grateful the dead haven't overrun us yet... Magnus must think you have some potential, he only showed me two "cantrips", the word comes out of Kamotz' mouth like a foreign object, then he said something about "opposite of latent skill", and sent me off... Up is that way, and the shops are that way. Kamotz helpfully points toward the ceiling, not understanding the complexity of the issue at hand... then at the door following his comment with, I'm off to buy supplies, when I return, Grakk may spar with me, care to join? the question is asked to both Vrrsk't and Morvannon.

After hearing his answer Kamotz stands and heads for the door, making his way to market.

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk nods to Morvannon with respect. "Good to see you friend." He gets up out of his seat and states. "I'll be back after I teach Kamotz a thing or two about close combat." He smiles as he points his weapon towards the exiting Kamotz and jokingly thrusts his weapon towards him as if he's delivering a killing blow. As he leaves he looks towards Vrrsk't "Nice plate my friend, may it protect you from all who stand in your way."

He moves towards the door, passing a group gatered around a table consisting of an elf, two dwarfs, and a kobald. Hmmm...I wonder what they're up to? With no intention of finding out, Grakk exits the tavern.

Last edited:

Ozymandias79

First Post
Soldier looks at Kama'zer's new shield and cloak with amazement and says, "Nice new shield and cloak, Kama'zer, are they magical?"

[sblock=OOC]sorry for taking so long with the response
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
After Grakk leaves, Georg, who has been silent through all these exchanges, looks over at Kruk and Raiyek. With the absence of Xoc, we should seek another with leadership ability to inspire us. He looks around the room.

[sblock=OOC] renau1g says he got the second approval, so let's get ready![/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases