New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

johnmeier1

Explorer
A dwarf wearing simmering robes enters the tavern. He carries a staff with simple metalwork on the ends in the shape of flames. He scans the room and immediately moves over to the table of Kruk, Carolina, Grim, and Raiyek. It has taken me some time, but the translation of the draconic texts is done. We can go to view them soon. But now that it is finished and Raiyek has helped to ease my fever, I could do with some of that ale as well.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I don't have time for a IC post right now, but so as to not keep you guys hanging, here's where we are. It seems that people who were just in renau1g's adventure are probably going to go on his next one, right? If so, I guess the roster would look something like this:

Defender: Lephisto
Striker: Alek
Leader: Adran
Controller: Growl
Fifth Wheel: Feyr[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
It has taken me some time, but the translation of the draconic texts is done. We can go to view them soon. But now that it is finished and Raiyek has helped to ease my fever, I could do with some of that ale as well.

Kruk, hearing Georg's comments, chugs the rest of his mug and jumps out of his seat. "Georg, what are ya drinking my friend?" Before Georg can reply Kruk has already left to purchase mugs of ale for Georg and himself. "Raiyek, Grim, and Carolina, are you ready for another?"

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
The gnome faces Raiyek and stabs a finger in his direction. "I seem to recollect, when I was a young fella, that paladins was ***** paragons of virtue, hacking down evil with shinin' swords and pure hearts, not callow ***** in a bar sharin' catty comments just loud enough for someone across the gawds-***** room to hear. So, permit me to retort with these simple words: ***** you."
Raiyek recoils from the nasty gnome, shocked at the vitriol in his words. Recovering, he gets up and moves closer to the gnome so he doesn't have to shout all the way across the tavern and retorts. "I apologize if my sword isn't as shiny as you'd like at the moment, but I've just come out of the sewers after we killed a dragon. An evil one - does that do? As for being in the tavern at the moment, paladins are still mortals. Aren't we allowed to rest as well? And as for you, are you saying that you are not arrogant? Unless you dispute that, I haven't embellished the facts like you have."

Settled, the elf sighs and adds. "However, I apologize. I shouldn't have made a comment that could have offended you, which mine did. I hope I haven't poisoned your opinion of me."

Hoping that he's made his position towards the gnome clear, Raiyek takes a deep breath, then shares his thoughts on Hacker's insults to Carolina. "While what you said to me might have some basis in truth, what you said to her is simply uncalled for, whether or not it's true. I don't know about you, but where I come from peers don't try to tear apart their fellows and alienate themselves at the first hint of a slight. If that is how you treat people, I ask that you leave us in peace and we'll do the same for you. Unless you'd like to apologize, of course."

"Oh, hi Seven Rabbit. Sorry you had to see that ..."

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk, comes back with the ales for his companion, seeing and hearing the conversation between the palidan and the gnome. As he reaches out to give his companions their ales, he accidently spills one on the gnome. Trying his best to wipe it off him he states, "Sorry lad. I feel bad. What are ya drink'n? I'll get ya a drink of your choice."

Remove ads