New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Hacker walked off from the table a long time ago, so how is your character doing that? If you're going to role-play, respect the narrative. Hacker walked up, made his spiel, and walked off. Suddenly, Carolina is coughing in his face, Raiyek is making a long speech, and Kruk is spilling drinks on him. If your character is going to do something, then don't invalidate my character's actions to make it happen. (How would you like it if I posted, 'Hacker steps out of the way and none of the booze touches him'?) Initiate something and have it fit into the timeline of the events.

About the only thing that fits is Raiyek's response, and it only works if he's calling to Hacker across the room. Hence, Hacker is ignoring him.[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Egads! I see where this is going, and want no part of it. Consider Carolina's actions graciously retconed; she will sit there and happily absorb Hacker's verbal assault and do absolutely nothing about it. B-)
/drama
[/sblock]

-IG

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
KenHood, you are absolutely right. My bad. I should have read your post more carefully. It was my assumption that you were close to Raiyek as he was talking to you. I was wrong.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
OOC: I'll be going camping the next few days. I'll be back home Thursday night, but may not get online until Friday night. See ya in a bit! (though I'll be about for a while longer tonight :) ) THB, please assume Growl's presence if you start the adventure thread while I'm gone. Thanks!

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry Ken. Mind if I retcon Raiyek going over to Hacker to say his piece, then leave?[/sblock]
Seeing Hacker's indifference, Raiyek decides to leave him alone. "Palladys bless your exploits, Seven Rabbit." With that, he goes back to the table where Carolina, Kruk, Grim, and Georg are sitting.

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit looks back and forth between Raiyek and Hacker. "Hmph, not very inspiring," he mutters to himself, just barely loud enough to be heard. "Maybe not the Leader after all. This is hard." He turns towards Hacker and says, in a louder voice, "Excuse me, sir. That was a friend of mine, and I think I'm going to join him."

He turns and hurries across the room. "Kruk! Raiyek!" he calls happily. "I see you've been adventuring without me. I'm glad I missed that one."

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I've no problem with giving or taking crud, but if you're gonna do it, do it right. (I'm the guy who asked his party to let his character die because he thought it was better roleplaying, remember?)[/sblock]
Everyone watches as the fluild travels through the air, hovering above the unsuspecting gnome, then falls, landing on the gnome.
Hacker tosses his sodden cigarette on the floor and lights another one. He continues to pluck his banjo. "Well, that was a gawds-***** waste of alcoholic beverage. Decent folk would throw a punch or draw a knife to make their point. I reckon this here generation of adventurers have fallen far from the heights of their forefathers. The glory has de-*****-parted."

"Sorry lad," Kruk states as he rushes over to try to wipe the ale off him. "I honestly have no idea how that happened. Can I get ya someth'n to drink. I feel bad. What do ya want? I'm buy'n."
"Hands off, there, fella. As you can see," the gnome says, nodding towards a bottle of whiskey, "I gots my own **** bottle, and I am sensing a gawds-***** degree of insincerity in your offer of assistance."

Suddenly a magic mouth appears in front on the wall closest to the gnome and says "He who giveth crapth must be able to taketh crapth." As quickly as the magic mouth appears, it vanishes...poof. Patrons stand silent in a state of shock.
Without missing a beat, Hacker says, "And he who is full of *****, smells like *****." He makes a point of leans towards Kruk and sniffs, then he recoils waving his hand in front of his nose, somehow making the gesture encompass the other adventurers recently returned from the sewer. The shocked patrons of the bar break up into raucous laughter.

Hacker leans forward to Kruk and shares a lopsided grin, a feral gleam in his eyes. In a soft voice, he growls, "That all you got, boy?"

"And as for you, are you saying that you are not arrogant? Unless you dispute that, I haven't embellished the facts like you have."
"Last I checked, I never said anything about whether I was or wasn't arrogant, so don't go putting words in my mouth. Besides, as the wise men say, 'I ain't ***** braggin' if you can ***** do it.'"

Settled, the elf sighs and adds. "However, I apologize."
"That's mighty gnome of you, son. I appreciate it."

Hoping that he's made his position towards the gnome clear, Raiyek takes a deep breath, then shares his thoughts on Hacker's insults to Carolina. "...but where I come from peers don't try to tear apart their fellows and alienate themselves at the first hint of a slight... Unless you'd like to apologize, of course."
"Curious words comin' from one so quick to judge and ***** verbalize said judgment in the hearing of said peers. Last I checked, y'all was the ones what started the whole series of broadsides. I reckon you might want to deal with that gawds-***** hunk of timber in your own eye before tryin' to pluck out the ***** splinter in mine."

Then, Hacker produces a smug grin. "And you'd best ***** expect that when you get in a war of words with a bard, you're gonna walk away bleedin'."

7 Rabbit turns towards Hacker and says, in a louder voice, "Excuse me, sir. That was a friend of mine, and I think I'm going to join him."
"Not a problem, pardner. I'll be over here, working on Plan B, and I reckon I might participate in that there story-*****-tellin' challenge, as I have learned from many a night of sleepin' in gutters and eatin' other folks' table leavin's, that sometimes a fella needs to sacrifice principal and dignity for a wee bit of ***** gold. And as the wise men say, 'Fifty ***** gold pieces is fifty ***** gold pieces.'"

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I've got to stop editing my post so much.
[/sblock]

Hacker leans forward to Kruk and shares a lopsided grin, a feral gleam in his eyes. In a soft voice, he growls, "That all you got, boy?"

Kruk leans forward to the gnome and says, pausing for a second to let hacker get another whiff of his sewer scented armor. "That was good Hacker. Remind me never to get in a war of words with you. Ha ha! One bottle of wiskey coming up...as promised." With that, Kruk nods his head and heads to the bar.

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
Hacker lets out a huge belly-laugh. "You ain't so bad, Kruk. That's mighty gnome of you! *****, two more bottles, and I can be gawds-***** insensible."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases