New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Otakkun

Explorer
A man almost completely concealed by a cape a size too big for his size enters the hanged man, the only feature visible at first sight is the curiosity in his eyes. So this is the place they've told me about eh? he whispers as his eyes move all over the place.

As he notices the bouncers have not moved from the entrance, he remembers one is supposed to introduce himself before entering the place, a fairly interesting custom if you ask him. Xavfire Droverson, he says as they make way for him.

As he moves through the place, he continues whispering his thoughts, as if talking to someone you can't see. Let's hope my talents are indeed needed in here, I'd hate to go back to the books, for once I'd like to get some real practice instead of theories.

When he finally finds an open spot he takes a set and asks for some food and drinks. [sblock=Human Wizard 1]Should have at least a part of the template done by the end of the day. As con can guess for that I'm still getting my character moves from the CB to the L4W format.[/sblock]

Ghdeh1

First Post
Alek wanders through the door of the tavern saying "My name is Alek." on his way in even though no one would recognize him holding his staff in his hand and pack on his back. Looking at the few people who seem to be adventurers He thinks A pity, I was hoping for someone to terrorize. His hands crackling with dark energy. Alek walks over to the bar, slips his pack off and stores it under his seat, then orders a drink. While waiting he looks through his pack to make sure he has everything. Rope, torch, rations yep got it all Getting the drink he starts sipping at the brew not caring for the people surrounding him.

((Alek is not fully approved yet))

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Adran nurses his drink, content for the moment to observe the exchange between the warforged at his table. He watches as the variety of characters enter, his interest quickening at the appearance of the (to him) exotic githyanki.

CaBaNa

First Post
Veruzak walked into The Hanged Man, *sniff Sniff* he smells the air, and thinks *Lots of magic in here... Unusual.*
Veruzak, ashen robes swish, pink smoke rolls around the wizard twisting with the shadows in his wake. His hood is up, but those who attempt to peak under the hood see an Eladrin, purple ink tattoo's tracing his face with arcane runes.

One water, one beer. a plume of smoke undulates from the hood with the order. When the two mugs arrive he downs the water, and chucks the beer at the nearest window. The silence after the shattering, is filled by Veruzak's voice, This is for the window, and beer He places a gold on the counter, Ladies, Gentlemen, Skanks, and Scumbags, I'd like anyone with a proclivity for the arcane arts to meet me at booth 3 for a discussion. If you don't know what proclivity means, I'm not talking to you...

The wizard then moves to take his seat.

[sblock=OOC]

This is NOT AN ADVENTURE RECRUITMENT!! This is RP and community building, only.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Table 3]

You see that the Eladrin has dropped his hood, arcane runes, tattooed in purple ink, line the wizards face. He seems healthy...

He is quiet, waiting for a sufficient number of interested parties arrive...

[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
ABOUT 20 MINUTES AGO:

The door slams open and a rotund dwarf wearing outlandish, bright orange armour leaps through. His face is obscured by an elaborate feathered mask and headdress. HAIYAAA!" he screams. "Chicome Tochtli, sage of Choca Paquiliz, has returned from his studies! Who here has a mystery for him?" He whirls back and forth, looking in the faces of the patrons and stamping his feet. When nobody responds, he pulls off the mask, revealing an ordinary face with a short, curled brown beard. "Sorry," he calls. "I felt like making a dramatic entrance for a change." He giggles and heads to the bar.

"Well, he's in high spirits," mutters a patron. "Isn't he usually off in the corner with a book when he's in here?"

NOW:

The dwaf gets up from the bar and approaches Veruzak in his booth. "Chicome Tochtli," he introduces himself. "It means '7 Rabbit'. I'm never sure if I should translate my name or not - I've noticed most names here are just a string of nonsense syllables."

He hops up onto a seat. "In my home in the Valley of Bone, I was a sage and court astronomer - and yes, I had a strong 'proclivity' for magic. Things work differently here, though, so none of my rituals work. I'm still studying to try to figure out how to work your outlander magics."

"So what did you want to talk about?"

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=Table 3]When Veruzak sees that no others have approached the table, excepting the colorful foreigner prodding conversation along, he begins, Ah, you were the gentlemen I harassed some time ago... What do I want to talk about? In a word, Power. touching the tips of his fingers together, creating a steeple, he continues, I'm forming a society, of adept individuals, whose goal and purpose will be to further itself and it's members. A brotherhood, of fellow arcanists. Trouble being that most of us are half crazy, intelligence does that... his face contorts slightly, scrunching, as if it were dog piling Veruzak's nose. Very loose so far, nothing concrete. Interested?

He continues to watch for other visitors to the table, as he had hoped causing enough of a scene would do.

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]

Yup, he's trying to create Daunton's first PC arcane secret society.

I'll be making a discussion thread on the subject when Gencon is over. Until then, if you have an arcane character mull the idea over.

I don't have a goal or object for the club, outside of it existing. Who knows, maybe one day it will blossom into a beautiful page on the Wiki. :)

[/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
Xavfire looks towards the table where Veruzak sits and after a quick thought decides to join the table. Why not? He thinks. It's not like I have anything better to do for the moment.

Xavfire Droverson
, he presents himself as he takes a seat. Now what's this I hear about the arcane?

CaBaNa

First Post
Veruzak Choru'Skate, have a seat, we were just discussing the future of Daunton... Us. The questionably aligned caster smiles, I'm looking to form a group, of various arcane talent, to further it's members. his face lights up as he takes a fresh draw from his pipe, Interested?

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit grins. "Count me in! I'm not so much interested in the power, but it will be a good way to meet new people!" He turns to Xavfire. "Speaking of which, what's your sign?"

Velmont

First Post
Feyr, at the bar, looks at the table where people speak of magic. After a moment looking at everyone at the table, he simply return to his drink and seems to come back to his own thoughts.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases