New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Phoenix8008

First Post
A githyanki woman, her face and clothes smeared with soot, walks into the Hanged Man. Nodding to the bartender as he makes eye contact with her, she speaks the word "Kama'zer." She walks to the bar and orders a dwarven whiskey. Tipping her head back, she downs the shot in one gulp. After a moment to savor the taste, she turns and walks to the stairs which she ascends till she is out of sight upstairs.

CaBaNa

First Post
The grey lump notices no answer forthcoming and begins slinking toward the door, a mix of crawl and laying. *I'm... drinking... never again... getting this... word that goes here...* thinks the disheveled drunk. When he reaches the nearest window, he leans over onto, and then *POK* the air fills in where once was the ashen pile of robes.

[sblock=OOC]
Veruzak just exited, I want to edit him today...
[/sblock]

elecgraystone

First Post
Ts'iri walk in and brings the strong scent of smoke in with her from her last adventure. She says "Ts'iri" as she walks through the room to the stairs. She's tired, sweaty and smelly. She's ready to get cleaned up and take a rest. She heads up the stairs without another word.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kama'zer nods to Ts'iri as she passes her on the stairs. Kama'zer is going back downstairs after having cleaned up some. Her red hair hangs wetly on her shoulders as she fingers the burn holes in her old cloak. 'Not surprising after using it to put out the fires in that playhouse.' she thinks to herself. 'Time for a new cloak, it seems. My scorched shield could use replacing as well perhaps. We shall see what the goodwill of the merchants whose shops were saved can help me purchase. Best to use it now before their fickle human minds forget the debt they owe.' With a private smirk, she leaves the Hanged Man once more in search of better gear.

Ozymandias79

First Post
A huge warforged, in a shiny brasscolored plate armor, enters the Hanged Man and says, "Soldier" and then proceeds to a wall and then stands there seemingly inert.

garyh

First Post
The door opens again, and another warforged enters the Hanged Man. The one is quite a contrast to the one standing against the far wall.

Clad in hide armor and bearing a staff, that armored plates the make up the warforged's skin are interrupted at various points by fur, and claws and fangs - they seem more like a part of him, and less like they are mere adornments - can be seen on his limbs and head, respectively. The unique symbol borne by all warforged graces his brow, looking almost like an abstract paw.

"I am Growl," he rumbles. "The people along the paths of this strange forest called me an 'adventurer' and pointed me to this place. Tell me," he asks, "what is an 'adventurer'?"

[sblock=Character Status]Growl has not yet been approved. He is my second character, so I'll defer if an adventure comes along and enough first characters fill the party.[/sblock]

[sblock=Growl's Info]Growl- "Male" Warforged Druid 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 17, Fort: 14, Reflex: 11, Will: 16 - Speed: 6
HP: 30/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 1

Powers:
Chill Wind
Pounce
Savage Rend
Wild Shape

Darting Bite
Second Wind
Warforged Resolve

Faerie Fire

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
Coming Soon: Concert in the Hanged Man!

The door to the tavern opens up of its own accord. No one enters and no one can be seen beyond the doorway.

Just as a patron is about to get up and close it, however, a rolled up piece of parchment comes flying in and whizzes through the hall. It veers off just before hitting the bar, dives under a table with an ongoing card game, before finally homing in on the tavern’s notice board.

A nail is removed by invisible force from a nearby note regarding bladeling lapdancers, and used to hammer in the hovering and now unrolled piece of parchment. Turns out it’s a notice:

UPCOMING CONCERT IN THE HANGED MAN TAVERN!

Don’t miss this spectacular musical masterpiece, soon coming to Daunton!

Hailed in and definitely not evicted from his own home lands on pain of public lecturing by his mother, this rising star has ventured across the Shifting Seas to bring you the show of an evening and an experience of a lifetime!

The mysterious newcomer is heralding in new inspiration to the city, a whole new style of music to the Transitive Isles, and a new fantastic form of art the influence of which will reach far far beyond! (within a few centuries)

Playing on outrageous instruments the likes of which have never been seen before – mostly because he just recently invented them – this marvelous artist will produce more soothing melodious massages for your ears than mayor Brunts’ maids do for his buttocks while his wife is out of town!

Be there when history is written! Be there when an Era of Entertainment begins!

When? Soon!

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Hard on the heels of the flying scroll a tall, slender figure enters the inn. Leather armour whispers as he strides to the bar. Smiling wryly, he says, “Now that’s a hard act to follow. Adran Cassis, Bard.”

Negotiating a drink from the bartender, he heads to a free table and sits to observe the fun.

garyh

First Post
Perplexed by the flying parchment, Growl follows the "bard" to his table.

"Are you an adventurer?" the warforged asks in a deep voice. "If so, can you tell me what that means? The people of this place kept calling me one."

Boddynock

First Post
Perplexed by the flying parchment, Growl follows the "bard" to his table.

"Are you an adventurer?" the warforged asks in a deep voice. "If so, can you tell me what that means? The people of this place kept calling me one."
Adran looks up at the warforged with interest. He tips back his chair (to prevent a crick in his neck) and lifts his drink in greeting.

"An adventurer? Perhaps. An interesting question. I hear this is the place for adventurers."

"I guess an adventurer is someone who has the courage to change the world. That's what I'm looking for, anyway - people with the courage and the power to make a difference. Have a seat, friend, and we can talk about it further!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases