New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Mewness

First Post
Kaeysari smiles wistfully. "Mostly I am, but some of my ancestors back a few hundred years ago were skin-changers. Lycanthropes. I'm what they call a Shifter. A bit of the old wolf-blood in me. Some people don't deal with it well."

Papolstaanas seems oddly delighted by this information, as though Kaeysari has just let him in on a personal secret rather than merely stated a fact obvious to everyone else. "I don't see why anyone should have a problem with it," he says a little dreamily, his face splitting into a broad grin as his thoughts start to drift. If he couldn't tell that Kaeysari isn't human, then his mother shouldn't be able to, either. He chuckles throatily, imagining his mother fawning over Kaeysari as she did with the eladrin before, oblivious to the fact that Kaeysari is really some sort of beast! But, with a twinge of regret, he realizes that he is once again getting ahead of himself; Kaeysari is unlikely to become an adventuring companion to someone she believes to be a horrid little monster. His mirth starts to fade without his having explained its source.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Rocco looks up at deva and looks at plenty of empty tables around.

"What does he want, now? A confession? D**n those holy types. Well, he can sit at least."

With that thought, Rockslide waves deva on the chair.

"Name's Rocco."

BenBrown

First Post
Papolstaanas seems oddly delighted by this information, as though Kaeysari has just let him in on a personal secret rather than merely stated a fact obvious to everyone else. "I don't see why anyone should have a problem with it," he says a little dreamily, his face splitting into a broad grin as his thoughts start to drift. If he couldn't tell that Kaeysari isn't human, then his mother shouldn't be able to, either. He chuckles throatily, imagining his mother fawning over Kaeysari as she did with the eladrin before, oblivious to the fact that Kaeysari is really some sort of beast! But, with a twinge of regret, he realizes that he is once again getting ahead of himself; Kaeysari is unlikely to become an adventuring companion to someone she believes to be a horrid little monster. His mirth starts to fade without his having explained its source.

Kaeysari watches Papolstaanas's inexplicable mood swings. Is he crazy, or just drunk? Either way, best to keep him talking She shifts her seat in a way so as to more easily reach her weapon if necessary, then addresses the kobold.

"So. . . um. . . what about your people? Are you from here originally?"

Deva watches drunk kobold carefuly, ready to jump in if he gets any ideas, altough it seems warrior woman could handle him with two hands behind her back. But just in case.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"My friends! Come, let us tell stories of old and new! My name is Jynxx, but all my friends here in this tavern may call me Lucky. While I am new, I can still see many of you are too. I'd like to hear whatever tales you may tell."

Jynxx stands from his chair as he speaks, letting everyone know who was speaking.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Forking to new thread after 1,000 posts]OK. We're over 1,000 posts on this thread, and by tradition, that means we fork to a new tavern thread to keep things clean. So click the link or check the message board for the new post: Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man. OK. somebody's going to have to think of a better name for it when we go to a fourth thread, but for now this one will work.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases