New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Curious words comin' from one so quick to judge and ***** verbalize said judgment in the hearing of said peers. Last I checked, y'all was the ones what started the whole series of broadsides. I reckon you might want to deal with that gawds-***** hunk of timber in your own eye before tryin' to pluck out the ***** splinter in mine."
"If you think stating the fact that you are arrogant quietly to a neighbor is somehow equal to attempting to emotionally damage a lady by inventing the fact that she's barren and yelling it across the tavern, then I'm afraid I won't be able to agree with you."
Then, Hacker produces a smug grin. "And you'd best ***** expect that when you get in a war of words with a bard, you're gonna walk away bleedin'."
"If you're looking for another apology, gnome, you won't find one here. I thought you were man enough to offer an apology yourself for your gross exaggerations, blatant insults, and slander, but it appears I was wrong. Apparently, you are a gnome who is incapable of admitting he may be wrong. I am done with you. Farewell." With that, Raiyek gives a polite bow to Hacker, then goes to sit at his companions' table. He very pointedly takes a chair facing away from Hacker, making it clear he doesn't want anything to do with the gnome.
[sblock=OOC]Just remember that Raiyek is Hacker's equal when it comes to Diplomacy (in other words, don't let my lack of ability to compose arguments slow him down ;)), and Raiyek hasn't been so blatantly and bluntly insulting as Hacker. [/sblock]

Turning his attention to those at the table, Raiyek smiles at the newest arrival. "Good to see you, Rabbit. You're probably right, it might have been best to skip that last adventure ...

"But that reminds me - we should pay this Mr. X a visit. He needs to be brought to justice for what he's done."

KenHood

First Post
With that, Raiyek gives a polite bow to Hacker, then goes to sit at his companions' table. He very pointedly takes a chair facing away from Hacker, making it clear he doesn't want anything to do with the gnome.
Hacker throws a smug grin (or a reasonable approximation of it), and then begins to play, "I Got You Under My Skin," on his banjo.

(If you guys don't know Sinatra, I weep for you!)

[sblock=OOC]
Just remember that Raiyek is Hacker's equal when it comes to Diplomacy (in other words, don't let my lack of ability to compose arguments slow him down ;)), and Raiyek hasn't been so blatantly and bluntly insulting as Hacker.
Blah, blah, blah, bl-- Wait, that's my character, not me. :heh:

I don't see where you get the 'blatantly' and 'bluntly' from. After several years of working with adolescents, that seems pretty subtle to me. :p[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"I'll be drinkin' to that" Carolina says simply, and downs her mug practically before the words have even left her mouth.

After giving Hacker his whiskey, Kruk, in a whirlwind of speed, replaces Carolina's empty mug with a freshly poured new one.

He then moves to the bar for another drink from himself. Along the way, he yells at the top of his lungs to anyone who cares to listen, "The best way to patch differences is to drink to them. Raiyek and 7 Rabbitt, can I get something for you while... <hicup>... I'm here!" Kruk's eye sight starts to blur. "Boys an girls, the orbits are on the fritz again!"

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Right then," Yelder squints and looks around him. "I'll take you lot," he grunts, pointing out Alek, Adran, Feyr, Growl, and Lephisto. "Let's get going. No point in waiting any longer." At that, he picks himself up and walks out of the tavern.

[sblock=ooc]Was that some self-referential humor there? Who knows. Head on over to Blight Makes Right, if you please.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk, feeling very dizzy at this point, returns to his group. "Lads and Carolina, I'm going to retire for the night. Tomorrow I'm going to take a bath, wash my gear, and buy some equipment. I have my eye on a cloak. I'll be back tomorrow, although it may take a while to wash up...Kruk thinks for a moment...ya know, I can't tell ya the last time I did that...himmm." Kruk then turns and heads for the exit of the tavern.

[sblock=ooc]
just roleplaying his purchases. He'll be back to join his group of companions, ready to take on the mysterious Mr. X.
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Rabbit's interested in joining an adventure, although anyone who only has one char has priority. Would it be possible to join the Mr. X adventure? If not, I should think up some IC excuse to get away before everyone at my table gets up and leaves.

EDIT: nevermind, I completely forgot I can't go on the Mr. X adventure because I just read the adventure proposal! Didn't put 2 and 2 together that these were the same thing...
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk returns to the tavern, all clean, wearing a new cloak. "Well, bathing wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe next year I'll take another one," he states as he moves back to Carolina and Raiyek.

CaBaNa

First Post
A six foot tall, thin humanoid, clothed in a robe of various grey shades, stepped through the portal from The Drowned Man.

Walking nonchalantly to a booth, and taking a seat, the hooded shadow draws on a decorative glass pipe.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"Hello," the outlandish Dwarf says to Carolina. "My name is 7 Rabbit, in your tongue. I'm an astronomer. A few weeks ago I fought the mysterious echoes of the dead with these two. How do you know them?"

"Oh!" he exclaims without waiting for her to respond, and turns to Raiyek. "That reminds me, I found out something about those scars we got... Oh, um, sorry, that was rude. We can talk about that later." He turns back to Carolina. "Sorry. What's your name?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases