New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Stringbean2142

First Post
Before the door could close behind Tor, a hand snaked in from outside and opened it back up. A razorclaw shifter strolled in, a small grin on his face.

He wore hide clothing that left his lower legs and arms free. Tied to his right bicep were several red feathers, obviously old and cared for. He carried no visible weapons, and had only a small pouch on his rawhide belt and a tattered satchel on his shoulder for possessions. His skin was the deep brown of varnished mahogany, and one of his canines was chipped.

"And I'm Mesa." Making his way to the bar, he sat in the first empty seat available and curled his toes over the lower brace. He sighed at the relief from a long day's walk to get here. That done, he glanced around the tavern with obvious interest. It seemed as though he'd never been in a tavern before. In point of fact, he hadn't.

Waving for a drink, he cocked his head to listen to the apparently engrossing conversation occurring right next to him.

[sblock=OOC]Two shifters walk into a bar... :D[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Shaggy creatures entering the bar shakes Veruzak from his reverie. Cheers! Seeing the bartender busy with other patrons, the ashen robed wizard reaches over the bar, snatching another cup and pouring from draft. The mug slides down the bar, making a perfect stop in front of Mesa, I'm Veruzak. No obvious weaponry, Eladrin fingers trace the air, and Veruzak stumbles a little, oh, I've been drinking a bit much then, eh... taking a short glance at the bar, Veruzak notices his four empty glasses. Hmm...*I don't remember when I drank last...* Anyway, it's nice to meet you. Do you know that guy, indicating the Shifter that moved further into the room. Or did you two just start a great joke?

[sblock=OOC Velmont]

Velmont, was Trevor interested in chat? He came off as slightly unapproachable, I was just making sure Veruzak didn't ignore someone who wanted to be noticed!

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=New Adventure : Zombies and Crooks]
Hey there, I am starting a new adventure where street crimes meet zombies.

No, there is no NPC bumbling into the tavern to offer a job, hence the fact that this is OOC.

This adventure will start as several (mostly) unrelated PCs are going about their business in Fisherman's alley, a market in the Commons, when suddenly something will go horribly wrong. Something to do with crooks and zombies, presumably.

Unless they have prior IC acquaintances from a previous adventure, the PCs have not yet met and will not be grouped together on the first map. It will be immediately obvious to them, though, who is a civilian and who is actually fighting back.

Why are they in Fisherman' alley? Maybe to purchase the finest sea food in the city, maybe relaxing at a nearby cafe, maybe inside their cheap (because of the smell) flat in one the neighbouring tenements, maybe just walking through. Etc.

Let’s make something clear; there is no employer and therefore no initial promise of reward. Of course, from a metaplaying perspective, you can be damn sure that there will be treasures somewhere down the line, otherwise the judges would skin me ;) ! But from a roleplaying perspective there is at first no promise of reward whatsoever and no serious reasons for the PCs to expect it. At first the PCs interpose themselves to protect the civilians and then the adventure requires that the PCs decide to go to the bottom of the problem for their own reasons.

This is a natural fit for good aligned characters. This is what comes naturally to them, no need to twist their arms. Other characters will need to work out for themselves (and with my help if you need it) why their PCs choose to involve themselves. Mind you, I am not trying to discriminate here; I see no reason why even an evil PC wouldn’t find enough motivation to embark on this adventure. It just takes more creativity to find it.

The adventure should take about three months and grant up to 860 XP with successful quest XP along with 8 or 9 parcel of treasures. This is an estimation, of course. Time XP is very tricky to predict.

The adventure has room for up to 6 PC.

Priority will be given to new players who have never been on an adventure and then it’s first come first served.

Slots:
1 Montroya (EvolutionKB) Deva Invoker 1

If you are interested, say so OOC, of course.
[/sblock]

powerofbaka

First Post
[sblock=OOC Zombies!] I'm interested in getting Tor into the zombie adventure. I always love killing zombies :) And am really looking forward to getting him into some action[/sblock]

Stringbean2142

First Post
Mesa took a long pull from the mug. Not bad, he thought. It wasn't like the drinks he was used to back with his family; their drinks had more bite and less flavor than this one did. "Nah, I've never met the fella before; we're both of shifter blood, but he's got the look of a wolf to my eye. Not cat like me and mine are. And if we're to be a joke, where's the punchline?"

He grinned at Veruzak. "But I appreciate the beer, boyo. I just got into the city proper today, and truth be told I'm a bit out of sorts. Have ye been here for long? In Daunton, I mean. Ye don't exactly look like a local. What brought ye here?"

[sblock=OOC]Hmmm, I wouldn't mind that zombie adventure myself. I'm still learning the druid, but with an invoker backing me up, I should be ok if I'm not the controller I should be right from the start. Plus, I have some leader synergy to help with healing if things get dicey.

Of course, I'm still not approved, but from what I understand that's not a problem if you're ok with that.[/sblock]

Ecce

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Like I've said, I'm definitely up for it. I'm not approved yet, but I'm halfway there. Matlal has some defender-ish leanings, even if he is a striker.

When do I need to get Matlal out of the inn and into the alley?[/sblock]

Matlal observes the newcomers to the bar as the ever talkative Veruzak begins conversing with them. He opts to merely respond to the wizard's conversation, however. "Ja mon, lotsa bad juju out dere. Gotta be careful, careful, les' ja get turned inta a sheep." He seems to go into his mantra again, "Slowly, slowly." He nods, as if that satisfactorily sums up the situation.

He turns to the bartender, and after fumbling over a few orders that weren't available or understood he finally manages to secure a tall mug of some spicy smelling spirits. With a satisfied nod he tips the drink to his mouth. Perhaps the drink is getting to his head, but he's feeling somewhat restless in the inn.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Zombies and Crooks]
1 Montroya (EvolutionKB) Deva Invoker 1
2 Matlal Atzintli (Ecce) Human Barbarian 1
3 Tor (powerofbaka), longtooth shifter ranger
4 Mesa (Stringbean2142) Razorclaw Shifter Druid (Unaligned)

No, I don't mind that 3 of these PCs aren't approved yet. Truth to be told, that adventure wasn't fully approved when I first posted either (it was missing one approval)! Now it's legit. ;)

Now it would be cool to have and a leader join the fray but I can live with an unblanced party. You'll just have to play to your strenghts and try to mask your weaknesses. Considering the party is formed through dumbluck in the story, it would be rather fitting that it be unbalanced.

I note that everyone but Montroya is unaligned. I remind you that the initial hook is basically a terror zombie attack not directed against the PCs themselve and then the follow up requires that the PCs decide to get to the bottom of what's happening without initial IC promise of reward.

Now, being unaligned doesn't automatically means selfish, but it sometime does. Any of you foresee a roleplay problem in justifying their PCs spontaneous involvement that might need ironing out? Think it through but don't post here (Let's not clutter the tavern with OOC, we'll sort it out early in the new adventure thread I will start soon.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ecce

First Post
[sblock=Zombies and Crooks]I note that everyone but Montroya is unaligned. I remind you that the initial hook is basically a terror zombie attack not directed against the PCs themselve and then the follow up requires that the PCs decide to get to the bottom of what's happening without initial IC promise of reward.

Now, being unaligned doesn't automatically means selfish, but it sometime does. Any of you foresee a roleplay problem in justifying their PCs spontaneous involvement that might need ironing out? Think it through but don't post here (Let's not clutter the tavern with OOC, we'll sort it out early in the new adventure thread I will start soon.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Zombies and Crooks]
Well, the only thing that'd I'd really have to figure out is -why- Matlal is there. Once the pandemonium starts it's rather natural by Matlal's personality to join into the fray. Additionally, although he isn't "good", Matlal has a philosophy of protecting innocents who don't involve themselves in conflict. He essentially places people into two classes, "fair game" or "off limits".[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
After debating with Veruzak, Montroya sits back and pulls some charcoal and a sheet of paper from his pack. He artfully began sketching the bar and it's inhabitants, pausing when the two shifter's came in. The deva continues his drawing but stops when Matlal has trouble ordering some food. Grimacing at the pork in front of him, he stand and approaches the foreigner.

"I noticed that you tried to order some fish there? I think they have some down at the docks. I'm not in the mood for pork anymore, and I'm still hungry." The deva shrugs uncomfortably. "I'm not a fish eater myself, but if you want to join me down there, we can walk together until I find something else."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases