New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit follows Kruk's gaze. "Yes, the bard - he's a bit rude, but I have a good feeling about him. The stars seem favourable. I think..." He stops mid-sentence and sits stone still as he sees the pendant. Suddenly he leaps from his chair, which topples over backwards and crashes to the floor, and dashes across the room to peer intently at th dog. Ignoring the half-elf and its guards, he bends forward to speak directly to it:

"Where did you get this?" he demands of the dog. His voice cracks: "WHERE???"

[sblock=OOC]
I kind of thought you'd wait until we were actually leaving, so there was less chance for Kruk and Raiyek to abandon their current quest to help Rabbit, but I guess this works too...

So, roundup of recruiting adventures now:

Stringbean2142: Hacker (L3 leader), Catein (L1 controller), Kendrick (L1 striker), 2 or 3 open spots
renau1g: Grim (L1 striker), Kruk (L2 defender), Raiyek (L3 defender), Carolina (L1 striker), Georg (L1 controller), 1 open spot for an L2 or so leader
Mal Malenkirk: 7 Rabbit (striker), will be posting for more after we RP this meeting some more
covaithe: The Closed Eye crew may be returning to recruit a level 3 or so leader soon

Did I miss any?

Seems to me that it would work out best if Hacker jumps over to either renau1g's group or the Closed Eye crew so that he's not out-levelling all the other characters, and then Stringbean can pick up another leady for an all-L1 party.

A lot of the Broken Wards crew is sitting around - are you guys waiting for a sequal, or are you open to recruit?
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]This could take a little fancy footwork, since Raiyek would drop his own agenda to help Rabbit if he asked, but we'll figure something out.

On the subject of leaders: mechanically, Hacker is probably the best choice simply because he's level 3. However, I think Raiyek would rather bring someone else, and it looks like Hacker might be joining the Closed Eye after all.

If I'm not mistaken we have Lily (level 1 shaman), Bell (level 1 bard), and Rhole is still out there somewhere (level 1 bard).

If ren's okay with a brand new 1st level leader, Bell should have first dibs, since ScorpiusRisk doesn't have any other characters and was in the tavern before Lily. Next would probably be Lily, since Oni doesn't have any other characters in an adventure. Rhole, played by Dunamin, has been in the tavern the longest, but he also plays Woe, who is still going strong in the Closed Eye ;)

EDIT: At this point, though, it's probably up to renau1g and the other collective DMs - they do get the final say on who is in their adventures. There seems to be enough adventures happening at the moment that no one should get skipped over. [/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
7 Rabbit's not the hasty type - I'm not sure where exactly this is going, beyond, "You're going to find some sign of 6 Eagle, and it'll be up to you to recruit a crew," so he may well stop and do some research or at least heavy thinking first, which would give Raiyek time to clear out before asking around for other adventurers, and also give the tavern some time to fill up again.

IC, it makes most sense for 7 Rabbit to join up with Hacker, who he kind-of-sort-of agreed to adventure with earlier, or Bell, who seemed pretty fascinated with him earlier, or to go find Les Ghental and Ashurn (haven't seen them around for a while - have they vanished?) EDIT: oh, or Veruzak. Good contact there.

Also, if you want an excuse to get Hacker and Raiyek in the same party, I can retcon Rabbit's last post to actually have him call over Hacker and invite him to join before getting distracted by the pendant. Good luck getting rid of him then!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Lily's conversation with the barkeep gets louder.

Hey! What do you mean you don't think I'm old enough to be in here? It's because I'm short isn't it. Geez, I just asked you a question. What if I told you I was part halfling or something, I bet you'd feel pretty bad then. And anyway I know all sorts of useful thing, like medicine and treating wounds. I even know some healing magic. Why I bet anyone in here would have me along.

Lily swings around and points across the room in a random direction.

You there, you'd adventure with me wouldn't you?

dimsdale

First Post
A lot of the Broken Wards crew is sitting around - are you guys waiting for a sequal, or are you open to recruit?

[sblock=ooc]
broken wards is waiting on Ukingsken's sequal: this includes...

Vrrsk't (roadtoad): dragonborn palidan
Grakk (dimsdale): goliath barbarian
Morvannon (redbeardjim): half-elf warlock
Kamotz (CaBaNa): longtooth shifter cleric
Vixo (Brain): halfing rogue (haven't seen him for a while)
Magnus (Oni): dwarf wizard

currently they are all outside watching Kamotz and Vrrsk't spare so that Kamotz can get more practice with his new weapon :)

If brain doesn't comeback before Ukingsken's adventure gets approved, there might be need for another striker.
[/sblock]

Kruk, seeing 7-Rabbit run towards the half-elf, burst from his seat, whipping his axe out ready to attack as he rushes to 7-Rabbit's aide. Stopping behind the warlock in order to protect him from being flanked, Kruk then shouts "What's going on here? Don't worry 7-Rabbit, I got your back!", his eyes darting back and forth, scanning the room for any potential enemies. Patrons notice that the color of Kruk's armor has now turned from jet black to flickering flames of red fire.

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Please 7 Rabbit, calm down. Kruk, you too! There are great dangers afoot and now is not the time for fighting in a tavern. Georg tries his best to put his hand on the shoulders of the others and bring them back to their table. He tries to get 7 Rabbit's attention. I believe that you can help me decipher this journal, from what Kruk has said. Quickly! Then you can investigate this dog. He hands over a somewhat slimy looking document.

[sblock=OOC] We have an adventure hook from renau1g to handle here![/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=johnmeier1]
The jounal was already deciphered by 7-Rabbit in an earlier post (check back about 10 posts in the thread). Just as he finished the translation of the journal, 7-Rabbit reacted to seeing his missing brother's pendant around the neck of a dog pet of a rather rude half-elf who just entered the tavern with two goons. Kruk, being loyal to his friends and a little dramatic, did what he does in situations like this.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek is suddenly beset by events trying to claim his attention from different angles. First, Seven Rabbit seems under some stress at seeing the pendant on the dog, and then some girl proclaiming herself randomly points at him.

Deciding to deal with Lily first, since it should take less time, he turns to her. "Adventure with you?" he asks politely. His sharp ears saved him, since he heard what she said to the bartender just before pointing at him. "We may be in need of a healer soon, so yes. Please just wait a moment first, though."

By this time, Kruk has confronted the dandy and drawn his axe. Raiyek quickly walks over to him and lays a hand on his shoulder, talking to him quietly. "I don't think that's necessary, Kruk. Please put the axe away for now." He turns his eyes to the dandy. "I apologize for my friends' abruptness. Could you please enlighten us as to where and how you acquired that splendid pendant? We would be forever grateful." he asks with a pleasant smile, silently thanking Palladys that his new armor isn't smeared with feces like his old suit.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases