New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Don't worry, we are all crazy in some strange and bizarre way.

The ears of the githyanki tickled when he heard "Gold".
Awakening from his lethargy, the tall wizard stood at his full hight, and walked by near the man proclaiming the offer to the eldarin. "If you are in need of brains for hire, You'll not get none as good as mine" states Mri'Thas, as the book keeps floating around his head. He Shushed it off with a gesture of his hand.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
As the chaos erupted right before Bell's eyes she quickly backed up and put a table between her and the commotion, ducking down to gain a bit of cover. How exciting! As soon as things died down though it became clear that one of the fellow's was looking to pay. Bell moved forward to offer her services but a gith interjected before she could.

The ears of the githyanki tickled when he heard "Gold".
Awakening from his lethargy, the tall wizard stood at his full hight, and walked by near the man proclaiming the offer to the eldarin. "If you are in need of brains for hire, You'll not get none as good as mine" states Mri'Thas, as the book keeps floating around his head. He Shushed it off with a gesture of his hand.

"That seems unlikely. . ." Bell Muttered to herself. She had certainly never met anyone who measured up to the scholars of legend and she didn't think they would be here.

She stepped in front of Yurian smiling and stuck out her hand. "Unless of course you need someone who can be put to practical use. In which case I am Bell the Point and I'm at your service."
She added after a thought, "I don't need to keep my books with me after I read them."

[sblock=OOC]Ready and willing for the adventure Stringbean.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Back Room]
Insight to spot a lie; Streetwise to recognize Castor (1d20+7=14, 1d20+3=6)

"Castor? I don't know him. Is he an honest man? Where can I find him?" Rabbit frowns behind his mask and his natural honesty asserts himself. "I suppose if you thought you bought it legally I can't just take this from you... How much did you pay for it?"[/sblock]

[sblock]
You must have wrote that while I was editing.

Insight : He knows that there is a high risk the pendant was stolen.

Streetwise : I guess I could not even have asked for it for story purpose but still, not everyone is street savvy. But since you have him properly intimidated you know, you can just ask him! In hindsight, that would be best.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Rabbit's a good guy, kind of naive. If the guy didn't take the pendant himself, he'd rather pay him for it. Maybe the best way to handle this is for Fallon to spill the fact that he knew darn well it was stolen when he answers the "is he honest" question, and then Rabbit can get mad and take his purse.
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Backroom]
-''Is Castor honest? Well, you know, he is... uh...''

The dandy is very intimidated and after some soul searching decide not to lie to the jaguar head.

-''Well, yeah, he is known as a fence. But it doesn't mean everything he sells is stolen...''

Another furtive glance at 7 Rabbit.

-''...but given the price I paid for the pendant I can concede that, maybe, it wasn't acquired in an entirely legal manner.''

He gulps loudly.

-''He works near the docks. He also owns a inn which he uses as a meeting point. It is not a high voulme business so he doesn't need much in way of storage.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
The githyanki raised an eyebrow. "How amussing. And tell me dear, how much books do you have stored in that head of yours?" Mri'Thas asked from the highs. "Do not take me wrong you just don't seem as the intellectual type."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Well you should never buy a book by it's binding." Bell said smiling. She didn't turn her face to the wizard, still looking towards her hopeful employer.

CaBaNa

First Post
Keep the gold, I'll use the society dues for paperwork. Veruzak stands by the bar, still waiting for possible new members...

[sblock=OOC]
Veruzak will make room for Mri'thas as Kamotz is in another adventure already and 7 rabbit may need help.

We'll see when the smoke clears in this chaos
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
"No, I'd never forget you, sweetheart."

"Oh, my sweet, sweet cuddly-wuddly Hacker! You really are the greatest, don't you know?" Kathalia sits down on a stool and gazes starry-eyed at the gnome, her chin resting in her cupped hands, oblivious or willfully ignorant of Hacker's current state.

"Just as a matter of...uh...curiousity: How did you happen to find me this time?"

"The Earth Mother has a way of guiding the way when two people are meant to be together."

"That, and my sense of smell is as keen as a dog's," she adds, winking mischievously.

Remove ads