New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Theroc

First Post
"It would appear we are not the only ones looking for work, Rujah... You are here looking for work right? You look as though you would be tough in a fight. I have fought beside many brave dragonmen."

Rujah chuckled lightly, his gaze moving to exam the others entering.

"Is there one of my kind who is not tough in a fight? I don't mean to brag, but it seems to be a common trait amongest my race. As for my own strength... I believe I draw mine from the very earth beneath our feet, as my oversea journey was quite taxing for me."

EvolutionKB

First Post
A dark-skinned shifter enters the tavern. His grey hide armor comes from a rhino. A silver brooch holds a hooded cloak to his shoulders. A pair of scimitars are at his hip, one finely made of older design. His dark hair is worn loose. Seeing the eladrin and the warforged, he nods to each in turn, and flicks his finger at the bartender, holding up two fingers.

Giving a sideways glance at the two wolves, he says, "R-R-Rurdev." The shifter sits at the table with the eladrin. When the two mugs of ale arrives thereafter, he says, "Nothing like a g-g-good ale to s-s-settle the body after a r-r-rough d-day right?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon d'Cealis, Eladrin Warlord 2

"Yes, you are right. Let's see where the winds of fortune will blow us next time." Riardon answers and salutes with his ale..

[sblock=OOC]

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +3 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 16 Reflex 14 Will 14
Hit Points: 34 / 34 Bloodied: 17
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:6 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Commander's Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Aid the Injured, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault

Condition: -
[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
A burly, sandy-haired man with a full, thick beard bursts into the tavern, breathing hard as if he's run hard and fast from wherever he came. "’Elp! M’cellar’s p’ssessed!" he bellows in an accent as thick as an Autumn fog. He’s obviously distraught.

[sblock=Streetwise=10] The man is Varquat Wayne, a brewer in the area that supplies one of the better brews available at the Hanged Man. You've seen him in and out of the Hanged Man before, taking delivery orders. Varquat has, also, been known to be a little “not right” in the head.[/sblock]

“Oi opens th’door to m’cellar a little while ‘go, an’it don’ lead t’m’cellar n’more.”

The bartender moves out from behind the bar, and grabs the man by the shoulders. Looking him in the eye, he attempts a calming look, “You're talking Mr. Wayne. Back up and tell me what happened, but this time start at the beginning.”

"There’s no more ta tell." The big man looks confusedly at the bartender.

"Well for one thing, what did you notice about your cellar that makes you think it's possessed?"

"Oi was jus’ in m’cellar this mornin’, checkin’ th’next keg fer deliv’ry. Oi brings it up ta street lev’l fer th’wagon. When it lef’ with th’keg, Oi turns ‘round ta shut th’door. Oi almos’ closes it full ‘afore Oi notices, but Oi notices. Th’basemen’ was lit, see. Ya know, it’s no good a’keepin’ a torch burnin’ in a brew cellar, so Oi opens th'door 'gain ta go down an’ douse th’flame. Tha’s when Oi saw th’other man pacin’ ‘round in MOI cellar, only th’cellar didn’ look like m’cellar no more. Floor’s all wrong an’ everythin’"

[sblock=Languages: Uneducated British Brewmeisterese] Translation: “There isn’t anything more to tell. I was just in my cellar this morning, checking the next keg for delivery. I brought it up to street level for the wagon. When it left with the keg, I turned around to shut the door. I almost closed it fully before I noticed, but I did notice. The basement was lit, see? You know that it’s not good to keep a torch burning in a brew cellar, so I opened the doors again to go down and douse the flame. That’s when I saw the other man pacing around in MY cellar, only the cellar didn’t look like my cellar any more. The floor was all wrong and everything.[/sblock]

The bar tender puts his arm around the man and leads him to a stool, “Now there, Mr. Wayne. Nobody’s cursed your basement. I’m sure there’s a logical explanation for all of this. We’ve got a right bunch of stout people here in the tavern. Maybe you could ask nicely and get some help figuring this out.”

[sblock=OOC] Hello. I'm willing to take on 4 to 5 characters (Level 1-2) for a quick jaunt that may lead to something longer. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Rujah immediately turned his head, listening to the man's plight, before rising to his somewhat impressive height. He approached the man before tilting his head slightly and speaking.

"I can investigate the basement for you, though if it is as you say, I hope a few fellow adventurer's will accompany me... as I have not had much combat experience in particular."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Talon raises his eyebrows in unbelief at his luck. Stalking over to the man with the heavy accent with Dayna padding behind him, Talon offers his help. "Talon and Dayna help if you want." The shifter says while pointing out the wolf by his side as Dayna. "Sound like not naturral thing happen in cellarrr. We help stop it." he says plainly.

[sblock=OOC]Talon is a level 1 Beast Master Ranger / Druid multiclass and Dayna is his wolf beast companion. I've only got 1 approval so far, but I can do whatever as long as we don't get XP yet and its okay with the DM if Talon is picked to go along.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Oi, mi gads!" Varquat Wayne, being himself a sizable human is nonetheless surprised by the scaliness of the approaching dragonborn. The start, however, quickly fades into gratitude when the warden's offer sinks in, "Oi'd be grateful fer y'ta come by and see s'matter with't. Oi'm na gonna go dan ther'." He takes a second look at Rujah, and then leans a little closer and, with a sidelong glance in the bartender's direction, mumbles, "Ye woudn' know some'n w'a taste fer magick, jus'n case."

"Varquat, nobody's cursed you blasted basement!" The bartender shakes as he finishes drying out a mug.

Tenchuu

First Post
Jin follows the Dragonman. "If you don't mind, Rujah, I'll accompany you."

[sblock=OCC]Looking forward to a good adventure![/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Sound like not naturral thing happen in cellarrr. We help stop it." he says plainly.

"Oi mi ga.."
An' polymorphin' bugbears is natr'l?

Oi coulda' swarn that were two wolves 'minute ago.

"Ya c'n say that 'gain ser. Who be you Mr...?"
Varquat extends a hand to the shifter, keeping an eye on the wolf. Nice doggie.

[sblock = Nature 10] Varquat smells of malted hops.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
From his vantage near the relics of the Five, the red cloaked form raises a fiery-veined arm a moment as if feeling something. Then, he puts it down, shaking his head. Saying nothing, the warforged shakes its unseen head and henceforth ignores the rambling man.

This is not it. There is no call.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases