New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

nerdytenor

First Post
A smallish Half-Orc enters the tavern. He looks around, pulling on his new-looking leather outfit self-consciously. His eyes catch Ingot and Crag, and he nearly runs to meet them.

"Ingot! Crag! Good to see you again so soon!." Dorn smiles broadly, showing off his new armor. "I figured I'd need a little more protection if I'm going to keep having a go at this adventuring lifestyle."

[sblock=Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer (level 2)]
He's ready to jump in on his next adventure (but will of course defer to new players/players with only one character)
[/sblock]

Goldhammer

First Post
When questioned about the food by the sorceress, the man toys with his rings-full fingers. “I’m sure my lord won’t be so rude as to deny a beautiful woman her fair share of local delicatessen.”
“You two are welcome to travel to Asamara, although I won’t depart before gathering at least 2 more willing adventurers. The last group we sent was small, and the desert claimed their lives, more likely. A bigger group means that there will by more chances of succeeding in this task.”

"Beautiful, huh?" Torqua asks, blushing slightly as twirls her hair around finger. Visions of great riches, dashing princes and fine food begin to dance around her head. She shakes herself out of it when Shuman says they're going to need more people. "Seeing as how this pub has just gotten quite crowded with adventurers, I sure we can have a bigger party before the end of the evening." The fat sorceress replies, bigger being the correct word given the size of everyone here, other than the odd half orc. "But tell me more about this grand lord of your? What's he like? How long has he been lord of your city? Is he married?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Losadar is my great Lord, Sultan of Asamadar and ruler of any commerce that is to be done in the Blazing Sand desert. My lord is tall and strong, and his beard is longer than mine. He advantages me in age, and since I was born, he was ruler of Asamadar. Lord Losadar is married with 34 woman. Although I'm sure that he would consider a pretender like yourself." winks Shuman

[sblock=Insight 1]
He is, of course, exaggerating[/sblock]

Last edited:

Goldhammer

First Post
"34 wives, huh? No doubt he has bore himself quite a family of young dashing princes." Torqua ponders, noticing her empty cup. "Excuse me a moment while I go get refill. Call if you need me." The jumbo-sized sorceress got off the two chairs she was sitting on (much to their relief) and headed off to the bar.

"Barkeep, give me a tall mug of ale, something smooth please." She orders, noticing the Warforgeds and the half-orc. "Afternoon, gentlemen. Back from some big adventure? Name's Torqua Debu by the way."

Llama_Bill

First Post
Seeing that no one is currently occupying the traveller; Kavac waves him over with a swing of his massive arm that almost sweeps the ceiling. Picking up his newly filled drink he has a few questions for the traveller: "I'm Kavac, what do you need doing and how many people do you need to do it? Hells I don't even know your name, what should I call you? Have a drink."
Kavac signals to the bartender for another glass: "Work your magic on that one too."

Kalidrev

First Post
Crag takes a good long look at the sorceress, his head tilting slightly to the left.

"Yes, I believe it is afternoon, and slowly breaking into evening. Ingot and I," Crag continues, motioning to the other warforged, "have, indeed, just returned from an island monastery. Would you care to hear our tale about it?"

Goldhammer

First Post
"Well I have a few moments while the ambassador gets more people for our own adventure." Torqua says, after taking a long drink from her mug. "I would love to hear about your grand ta-" But because she can continue, the heavyset mage notices her mug is already empty again. "Sorry about that, please, tell me your story." She says, ordering another mug of ale.

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry, I'm busy with real life and will continue to be through the weekend. Actually I'll be out of town over the weekend - may be able to post, but not sure.

Anyway, Ingot the level 2 cleric is definitely available. I indicated in another thread (the main discussion thread I think) that I would be submitting either a shaman or a druid as a second character. On further reflection I think I will wait to submit that character until Primal Power is allowed, which will be a few more weeks. So for the time being it's Ingot only. :)[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Repling to the goliath, Shuman stands up "You, and any other brave heroe who wishes to join us will be in charge of solving the mystery of the missing oasis waters, in the desert of the Blazing Sands." The man then sits down, and tries to do some small talk with the bugbear.

"So... Tell me Vardaal, what kind of work did you perform in the past? Besides 'crushing things for golds', of course."

Farce

First Post
The man then sits down, and tries to do some small talk with the bugbear.

"So... Tell me Vardaal, what kind of work did you perform in the past? Besides 'crushing things for golds', of course."

"Oh good, you can see me. I thought the Low-tos guys made me a ghost, when that rocky cave guy over there ignored me. Oh what now? Oh, right, works. Umm... I keept the goblins from stealing from us, break their stinky hands, I crush the dwarfs in our caves, they try and take our shineys. My tribe no like that so they say 'Vardaal, you is big and strong' I say 'yeah I am' they say 'then go and stop them' I say 'ok' and then I go and stop them. No golds for that crush, sometimes just for fun. I am goods with scaring people. I says 'Hey, you don't pay dead-guys their golds. Why nots?' they is scared by me. Oh, and one time I help some little girl who lets her cat go up in tree. It is stuck. I climb up and get it, no golds though." the bugbear replies, ordering a ratberry pie from the bar.

Remove ads