New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

pathfinderq1

First Post
In any crowded sort of public gathering place there comes, from time to time, a moment when all the conversations fall silent at the same moment. As one such lull descended upon the common room of the Hanged Man, the front door slid open- as had been happening quite often of late...

Revealed in the doorway was a large figure, perhaps six feet tall and powerfully built, wrapped in black scales. At first, backlit by the sun outside,it appeared to be yet another Dragonborn- but as the door slid closed, the impression was corrected. It seemed, rather, to be a human woman in scale armor crafted to resemble a dragonborn- the half-mask of the close-fitted helm looked like a draconic snout, and the shoulder pieces were stylized folded wings. What might have been a tail was in fact, the chain of a flail tucked into her belt.

For a few moments, she seemed content to simply stand at the doorway- even in a relaxed stance her spearpoint nearly brushed the rafters, and she had the careful balance of one used to a military bearing and long hours spent in armor.

Then she stepped forward towards the bar, almost reflexively keeping the spear from hitting either the ceiling or other patrons. Her pace, again, spoke more of a formal military instruction than the free-wheeling life of a mercenary adventurer. Reaching the bar, she stopped at a respectful distance and faced the bartender. She gave a rather shallow bow, little more than a tip of her head. "Myoko Y'Dosani," she barked, her tone curt. Then she turned and stepped back towards the door, finding a table along the wall- where she could lean the spear up out of the way as she sat.

OOC: [sblock] Human Warlord (resourceful) 1, not approved yet- just submitted [/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Oh good, you can see me. I thought the Low-tos guys made me a ghost, when that rocky cave guy over there ignored me. Oh what now? Oh, right, works. Umm... I keept the goblins from stealing from us, break their stinky hands, I crush the dwarfs in our caves, they try and take our shineys. My tribe no like that so they say 'Vardaal, you is big and strong' I say 'yeah I am' they say 'then go and stop them' I say 'ok' and then I go and stop them. No golds for that crush, sometimes just for fun. I am goods with scaring people. I says 'Hey, you don't pay dead-guys their golds. Why nots?' they is scared by me. Oh, and one time I help some little girl who lets her cat go up in tree. It is stuck. I climb up and get it, no golds though." the bugbear replies, ordering a ratberry pie from the bar.

"I would never be so fool as to ignore you my dear bugbear. It is just that I have to get the needed crew as quickly as possible. Your deeds are awesome indeed, I think I'm lucky to have the brave Vardaal to cover my back. Now, see that woman? She is obviously looking for work, so why don't you offer her to be part of our assorted group?" Shuman said to the bugbear.

Llama_Bill

First Post
... "Myoko Y'Dosani," she barked, her tone curt. Then she turned and stepped back towards the door, finding a table along the wall- where she could lean the spear up out of the way as she sat.

[sblock=OOC] Human Warlord (resourceful) 1, not approved yet- just submitted [/sblock]

Being a few drink in now and mustering all the ceremony and elegance life has taught him Kavac shouts across the room to the newly appeared lady: "Hey! You look like you can fight, come over here. We have a job for you. My name's Kavac, everyone here must know that by now. I've been told I can attract attention at times."
After waving his hand in the general direction of the crowd that has started to gather he turns to the Bugbear: "Sorry did I miss something you said? Try again. Those portals always take it out of me. I prefer to do all my travelling on these." As he says that he pounds his legs. Kavac gives the portal a quick glance before getting back to the important job at hand of drinking and getting an actual job.

[sblock=OOC]I am approved and ready for some head smashing. We need a defender now right? A Warlord duel weilding Barbarians sounds fun.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Farce

First Post
"I would never be so fool as to ignore you my dear bugbear. It is just that I have to get the needed crew as quickly as possible. Your deeds are awesome indeed, I think I'm lucky to have the brave Vardaal to cover my back. Now, see that woman? She is obviously looking for work, so why don't you offer her to be part of our assorted group?" Shuman said to the bugbear.

"Ok. Who is group? Vardaal, Mr. Fancy Hat, and the rock-man? Hey, fire breather lady, you gunna help us get Mr. Fancy Hat's water back for him?" Vardaal announces loudly to the sorceress, interrupting their conversation before the warforged can relate their tale. Seeing the newcomer with the big spear, the bugbear walks over, his massive frame moving with surprising grace.

"Hey, that is nice toothpick, if you eat ratberry pie you need it clean teeth. Umm...so I Vardaal, of Solkuth's brood, of clan Broken Tooth, you here for the gold-givers or you a gold-giver? If you are gold-giver you too late, Mr.Fancy Hat already get Vardaal to give gold to. If you here to see gold-giver, Mr. Fancy Hat's water is being taken. He is to pay us golds for the crushing of the stealers. You want to come crush with us? You bring toothpick and maybe not crush, maybe stabby them. Oh, you almost tricked Vardaal, dragonman who not dragonman, you ist a girl, no dragon, but you look scary, RAWR!" the bugbear says, laughing at the end.

[sblock=ooc]
So far it's Vardaal, Kovac(rockman), I'm assuming Torqua? Also, with Myoko around now we have a leader(assuming she's interested). Just need a defender.
[/sblock]

Farce

First Post
After waving his hand in the general direction of the crowd that has started to gather he turns to the Bugbear: "Sorry did I miss something you said? Try again. Those portals always take it out of me. I prefer to do all my travelling on these."

[sblock=ooc]
Actually, Vardaal made a comment to Crag, but he didn't respondg.
[/sblock]

"Wowwie, wow, wow. What are you? You like my home, we have glittery stuff in our cave, it sparkles in light. I Vardaal, of Solkuth's brood, of clan Broken Tooth. This is one of the gold-givers. You good at crushing bad guys who steal water? Maybe you help him and he gives you golds too?" Vardaal says to the newcomer.

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: If Myoko wants to come we would just need another character, hopefully a defender, or another leader. Another striker won't be necessary, perhaps a controller... but definitely a defender would be great.

Llama_Bill

First Post
[sblock=Quote]
"We are going to the land of desserts, but not pies, like land of sands. Someone take this fancy hat's water and he needs them crushed. I can do it, she can breath fire a burninate them," gesturing to the obese woman next to him. "You are a crusher, yes? We can crush together. You have big hammer, I have big sword. That is good, yeah?" the massive bugbear finishes, then turns to the newcomer

"Wowwie, wow, wow. What are you? You like my home, we have glittery stuff in our cave, it sparkles in light. I Vardaal, of Solkuth's brood, of clan Broken Tooth. This is one of the gold-givers. You good at crushing bad guys who steal water? Maybe you help him and he gives you golds too?" Vardaal says to the newcomer.

[sblock=ooc]Actually, Vardaal made a comment to Crag, but he didn't respond.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Not that it matters but the bit you didn't quote was aimed at me as he quotes my post, mentioned my hammer and points out we're "crushers" too. Either way it's the portal talking. I hope we get some in character stuff to kill this OOC train. Some one come defend our squishy Barbarian flesh. I'm sorry for making the thread look ugly.[/sblock]

Farce

First Post
After waving his hand in the general direction of the crowd that has started to gather he turns to the Bugbear: "Sorry did I miss something you said? Try again. Those portals always take it out of me. I prefer to do all my travelling on these." As he says that he pounds his legs. Kavac gives the portal a quick glance before getting back to the important job at hand of drinking and getting an actual job.

"Ah it's ok, it loud with the many gold-givers or gold-takers. You drink? Here, we get you drink. Drinkman, get the rockman a drink that you give me and firelady. What is dis poor-tel you say?" Vardaal asks the goliath, handing him a brackish beverage.

Goldhammer

First Post
"Ok. Who is group? Vardaal, Mr. Fancy Hat, and the rock-man? Hey, fire breather lady, you gunna help us get Mr. Fancy Hat's water back for him?" Vardaal announces loudly to the sorceress, interrupting their conversation before the warforged can relate their tale. Seeing the newcomer with the big spear, the bugbear walks over, his massive frame moving with surprising grace.

"Oh course, Vardaal, I wouldn't miss it for the wolrd." Torqua calls back, waving at the group.

"Sorry about that, Crag. Anyway, your story?"

RickRoll

First Post
The door of the bar opens and a shifter walks in, a pair of javelins on his back and a pair of longswords hanging at his belt. The man-wolf wears chainmail and carries a knapsack over his shoulder.

"Name's Frost, I'm here to learn new things. Anyone got a spare couple of copper for an ale?"

[sblock=ooc]
Level 1 tempest fighter longtooth shifter

L4W:pC:Frost(RickRoll - ENWiki)
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases