New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

RickRoll

First Post
The shifter in the chainmail listens to the ambassador's story and payment, replying "Sounds like a worthy cause and you'll need someone to keep an eye on those two to make sure they don't get into too much trouble" Frost replies, subconsciously loosing his short swords in their sheaths.

He joins Vardaal at the door, tossing a nod to the much taller bugbear.

[sblock=ooc]
Wow, 5 18 Str PCs...should be fun. Frost has +8 to Perception.
[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
The door slams, open a tall cloaked creature entering the tavern. He peers about the room from beneath his hood, muttering to himself, "...the place the senile old human was babbling about..."

Walking over to the bar he ignores the other patrons, dropping his pack at the floor next to a stool which he loudly scoots back before sitting on it.

"You there, do you have anything stronger than the thrall-slop that everyone else has?"

Receiving a contemptuously poured glass of some sort of fizzing dark green sauce he tastes it, and surprisingly thanks the bartender.

Turning in his stool he looks back out over the other patrons...

"Does anyone here know of planar travel? Or has anyone ever even heard of the different planes of existance?"

[sblock=Description]Rrek stands right around six and a half feet tall, his build is almost skeletal though he is wide boned and wide shouldered. His facial features are also skeletal, with a high nose with slitted nostrils. Wide set yellow eyes are slanted slightly and seem to be set in a constant glare. His skin is tightly stretched over his tall lanky frame, a dirty yellow green in color. Black spots surround his eyes and continue up along the side of his forehead, dissapearing into his short black hair.

His clothing looks rather like a uniform. A loose fitting black shirt is worn buttoned up and untucked with the sleeves rolled up over sinewy forearms. Black pants are also loose fitting, with wide cuffs ending an inch or two above his black leather shoes. A large black cloak hides most of this, the hood also covering his face, making it hard to distinguish his facial features.

A small leather pack sits next to his stool, with a small set of ornate leather armor strapped to the pack. A battered longsword is strapped to his back, the hilt on the right side of his lower back, within easy reach.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Githyanki Swordmage, Aegis of Shielding - level 1[/sblock]

Goldhammer

First Post
"So let me guess? The bugbear and the goliath wanted to see who was stronger and hit each with those chairs?" Frost jokes flatly,

"No, sorry, that was my fault. But really they should have stronger chairs in this day and age." A bloated dark-skinned woman at the bar answers, quickly downing her drink and joining the group. "Call me Torqua Debu by the way."

"Not a bad little party. I say will have his quest done and getting drunk off fine wine near a beautiful oasis in under a week." Torqua says, adjusting her glasses to get a better look at the group. "Unlike Vardaal, I doubt my stomach will ever be full, but none the less I ready to hit the roa-" She's interupted when the cloaked figure pushes pass them.

"Shuman here might know." She calls back to him. "But you better ask him quick as we are leaving as of right now!"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Yes" Shuman says, glancing from Torqua to Rrek. "But make haste, we are leaving."

OOC: Can take another one if you want Reclaw

Reklaw

First Post
Rrek looks back at Shuman, a slightly puzzled look on his face. "And where are we leaving too? I came here to find out about planar travel... say someone happened to "fall" through their plane into another..." Rrek looks around the room again, "Anyone?"

[sblock=OOC]Rrek might be interested just need to get something to pull him in, he's not exactly the typical hero. Definitely interested though, as long as no one else needs a defender?[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The eldery wizard looked around the tavern "The only extra planar creature I see it's you." he states dryly. "But if you are interested in such matters perhaps some of the ancient tomes in the library of my homeland could enlighten you. These distinguished gentlemen and the lady here have offered their help to solve the mystery of the lost oasis, in the Blazing Desert. Said oasis is key to the survival of my home city. There are 20 gold pieces for you if you want to come. Make your mind quickly, as we are leaving now." Once he finishes, Shuman turns and leaves the tavern, not waiting for the gith's reply. He motions the others to follow him.

OOC: Welcome aboard. I'll be setting the game thread tomorrow afternoon, I have a hard day tomorrow and need to catch some sleep.

Goldhammer

First Post
"Excellent! Next stop, the land of the blazing sands and all the Asamadar Delights I can- " Torqua calls out as she follows Shuman out, only to get her vast behind wedged in the doorframe. After a bit of straining, Torqua manages to get herself through the door with only light damage to the frame and a slightly bruised ego.

Llama_Bill

First Post
Kavac scoops up all his things and follows Shuman out of the door while thinking aloud, “Wow, it really is much easier to get a job here. I’ll be North in no time.”

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
FYI, once the tavern clears out, I'll hopefully be ready to recruit for my next adventure. Although, I think there will only be the Fire & Ice guys (less Hadrak)
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Are there any defenders in the tavern currently? I may be in need of recruiting one to join the MMC in their already begun adventure. We lost Ata who played our 1 defender so the players are voting on whether or not to recruit a replacement. I just wanted to check here to see if there was even one available currently.[/sblock]

Remove ads