New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

nerdytenor

First Post
"Dorn, well met! I sssee the drinksss are ssstill flowing here. Ssshall we saahare one?" Skalisss asks the Orc.

"Skaliss, it is good to see you again so soon!" Dorn answers. "And I could never deny a friend. Come," he says, indicating a seat next to him. "Barkeep, bring my friend whatever food or drink he requires." Dorn splashes some coin on the table, but the gesture feels a bit forced.

"Just stay away from the green stuff," Dorn says quietly, grateful that he didn't completely embarass himself in front of Rrek.

Darksteed

First Post
*He chuckles, as he looks of course. He just can't help it. S,iling he looks back up to Mikara.* Hey. I've seen plenty of fine ladies that have had a couple rugrats already. Nothing wrong with that. I just thought that was the sort of baggage you may of been referring to was all. *He shrugs lightly then gulps down over half of his tankard of ale. Hopefully that would shut himself up long enough as to not put his other foot in his mouth as well. Shivers lightly at the rather coldness of his drink.*

renau1g

First Post
A Call to Adventure!

The door to the tavern opens up and a robed man enters, looking somewhat befuddled and with a wide variety of pockets, scroll cases and other knick knacks hanging off his robed body. He looks around at the collection of adventurers, a truly motley crew. The man straightens his clothes, stands tall and in a surprisingly booming voice, says "Hello patrons, I seek those of you who are looking for a bit of work to help out an old man. If you wish to travel from the city and see some of the world come and sit down with me. I have need of strong arms and strong minds. I am Ezren". Finishing his words, the man goes to an empty table and awaits prospective candidates.

[sblock=Man]
Pathfinder5-Wizard.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=Crag]
At this man's words you feel a tugging at the back of your mind, not so much a voice this time, but rather a feeling. This man, the spirits draw you towards him, the task he needs undertaken is of import to them. Terra needs you. You see an image of a stone staff, it is split in twain and the very essence of the earth is spewing forth from the item.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC ALL]
Ok, so I'm recruiting for a new adventure. Level 1-2 only. Fairly short, I'd estimate it'll be around 2-3 months to complete depending on your post rate (and how Christmas affects everyone's posting, mine will likely be very slow through that time). There are 4 spots available, I need at least 1 leader & 1 striker. A defender is already selected, so there are 2 "wild" card spots available as well. Preferential treatment will be offered for those on their first PC's in keeping with L4W policy and procedure. Other than that I'm hoping for a good short game.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn listens to Ezren speak, and watches Crag and Skaliss to see how they react. Given his unfortunate upbringing, Dorn is eager to remain close to those who have shown him some measure of friendship.

OOC: Dorn would certainly be up for another adventure... He/I had a lot of fun with the last one! I do have 2 PCs in L4W so people with only one get the first shot of course.

Kalidrev

First Post
Crag's eyes snap open and he walks towards Ezren in an almost trance-like state, the vision of the earthen staff before him as much as the rest of the tavern is.

"Ezren. I will champion your cause! Just lead me in the direction of your woes and I will put a stop to it. I only humbly ask that you allow me to take my companions with me," Crag says, motioning to Ingot, Dorn, and Skalisss, as he takes a seat near the old man.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Suddenly, there is a flash near the bar in the main room. Where a moment before there was nothing, now floated a phantasm of an elven man clad in long black robes trimmed in gold and bespeckled with silver stars all about. The elven man cast no shadow on the ground which he floated above. In fact, he was slightly translucent and those looking at him could see the rest of the room dimly through his form. He unclasped his hands from in front of him, one arm lifting to point at the armor-clad goblin sitting at the bar next to the beautiful drow woman. An etheral voice issues from the form, echoing through the room in a haunting manner. "You are Kauldron. It is you who is called to his destiny now. SHE commands that you step forth to meet your fate. Your reward awaits, though the danger is great. Your purpose for coming here is at hand. Wilt thou step forward to meet your destiny?"

[sblock=OOC]Sorry folks, not a general adventure call. Just Kauldron being called up to join the MMC and take over their defender spot. Don't mean to be stepping on your toes, renau1g. Just dropping the IC stuff here for Kauldron in the Inn and it happened to fall right behind your adventure call. Hope I'm not stealing a defender you were counting on, but there are others here still I believe.[/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
*After shutting himself up with the mouth full of ale. He quirks his eyebrow as the flash of light appears behind him somewhere in the bar. Then the eerie voice echoed through the tavern, speaking his name. He coughs lightly as he chokes down his ale.* What the...?

*Looking over his shoulder, his eyes widen.* How the heck do you even know my name? *He shakes his head. Turning slightly to view the translucent being.* Well since you be calling and all that. Hopefully this will help me get back home.

*He grabbed the tankard of ale and downs the rest. He hops off the stool landing with a heavy thud. Reaching over he grabs his pack and slings it over his back, then reaches up grabbing up his helm and mask. Turning to the fair lady Mikara.* Twas a pleasure my dear. I hope to see you again rather soon. *Giving her a playful wink. Then places his helm back upon his head, and sliding the mask back into place.* Be safe beautiful. Wouldn't wish to see you all marked up the next time around. *He reaches up and pats her rear upon the stool. Snickering as he made his way towards the translucent being. Looking over his shoulder back towards Mikara.* Just couldn't resist. Was far to tempting.

*He stops near the being and looks way up at him. Reaching down to the box latched to his leg. He pulls out around fine cigar and places it into his mouth through a slit in the masked helm. Tearing the tip off with his fingers. Then with a snap of his fingers lights the end with a small crackle of flame. Drawing in a large pull from his cigar. Smoke bellows out of the mouth to his mask.* Alright. That's get this show on the road shall we?

Phoenix8008

First Post
The elven man nods slightly at the goblin standing below him. "As it was written in the stars, so shall it be." the elf intones in a religious sounding chant. Lowering his pointing hand from the Kauldron, he points instead at the floor where a circle of magical sigils begins to spin into view. They surround Kauldrons feet, shining brighter and brighter as they spin. Sparkling motes of light shoot out of the floor and surround the goblin, falling in on him until they are stuck all over his armor and growing to encompass his whole form. At the last second, the goblin can see nothing but light covering everything before and explosion of darkness in his mind seems to tear him into pieces smaller than sand and suck him into the portal and onward to his destination.

After the cloud of light particles disappear into the hole created by the sigils, they begin to fade out of existence along with the robed elven man. A moment later, silence reigns in the Hanged man as all returns to normal (or what passes for normal in Daunton).

Reklaw

First Post
Rrek shakes his head, feeling a little fuzzy at the moment from all of the strange happenings in the Tavern.

He looks over at the old man, "You wouldn't happen to know anything about planar travel would you?"

[sblock=OOC]Willing to join your adventure, but Rrek is a 2nd character as well as a defender so I'm thinking I should probably wait for another adventure without a defender... Seems to be happening a lot recently:p Maybe I should have made a Githerazi Cleric;)[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
"Sssir Ezren, I am an ally of Craig and ssskilled with the sssword. I may be of ssservice if needed. Call me Skalisss" announces the blue Dragonborn.

[SBLOCK=OOC] R1, Skalisss is now 3rd level, and a Defender as you know. Your call on selection, there are probably plenty of 2nd level characters available.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases